Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #29
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
The 1LE doesn't come in a vert, so that is why it wont ask you, as you are buying a part for a coupe only. You will need new bushings as the bar is a different diameter. I dont know if the bracket is the same or different. Maybe PM Justice Pete for that answer.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #30
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehovarter View Post
OK - so I am getting lost and hope someone can help me. I have a 2014 SS Camaro convertible, and per this thread - that means I have the FE3 suspension (correct?). I want to replace my stock 24mm rear bar with an 1LE 28mm bar - and am trying to figure out what part # to order - can anyone tell me? when I look at GMPARTSDIRECT it says I need part # 22786260 but their website does not seem to let me pick coupe versus convertible, so I might have the wrong part #. also - when I change the rear swaybar, do I need new bushing and brackets as well? anyone know? thank you!

Check the rear LCA part numbers for both, if they're the same then all you need to order is the bar. The bar should come with bushings and mounts. It should say if the mounts/bushings are included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #31
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
This is waaaaay to confused.

When GM introduced the ZL1 with the out board mounting bar ALL the lower control arms have been made the same way. It is the same LCA on a V6 or a Z/28. The arms accept the old style short bar and the newer style long bar.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #32
JusticePete

A factory sway bar comes with brackets and bushings attached to it.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #33
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Does anyone know what year(s) SS springs will fit a 2015 V6 (FE2) ?

Are there any modifications needed or additional parts?

Will this be an improvement in handling? What will be the effect with my current suspension upgrades?
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:08 PM   #34
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Does anyone know what year(s) SS springs will fit a 2015 V6 (FE2) ?

Are there any modifications needed or additional parts?

Will this be an improvement in handling? What will be the effect with my current suspension upgrades?
To get improved V6 handling find yourself 1LE takeoff struts and springs. The struts are clearly better. The springs are SS springs.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:26 PM   #35
sspade

Reason I'm asking is because a member here is making me a very fair deal on a pair of SS springs with under 20k on them and I'm goin to my fathers shop next week in Rochester, NY. I will have him help me throw them on if its worth it...

Opinions? Will this impact my JPSS alignment?
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 07-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #36
sspade

I do plan on getting 1LE struts/springs eventually just cant be spending that type of money at the moment.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:58 PM   #37
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Reason I'm asking is because a member here is making me a very fair deal on a pair of SS springs with under 20k on them and I'm goin to my fathers shop next week in Rochester, NY. I will have him help me throw them on if its worth it...

Opinions? Will this impact my JPSS alignment?

I'm going to say you will definitely need a new alignment. Anytime you remove or loosen your struts your alignment goes away.
There may be ways to mark the position of the strut before loosening things up but that doesn't mean it'll go back on the same. It may get you close, if that's good enough for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2017, 05:34 PM   #38
sspade

Great info. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #39
sspade

Hello. Just bought some ZL1 rear suspension parts from a fellow member.

Still waiting for them to arrive. Can someone please confirm the part numbers that I should be receiving. I'm assuming none of these components are the same as what is on my 2015 V6 Camaro currently and should be and "upgrade."

What are the following part numbers that I'm looking for when these arrive?

Trailing Arms
Toe Rods
Upper Control Arm Bushings
Old 08-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #40
sspade

Or did I get hosed and just buy stuff that I already have from the factory?