Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #85
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
my issues are with the fin and 3rd tail light. at least the fin is body color and not black like they use to be. I can live with out onstar or xm if it means I can get rid of the fin. but the 3rd tail light. . .hmmm. there are ways to move that. but to make it look good after you move it, that is the trick. we'll see where i stand after the first of the year with a job, and how this thing looks in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011DropTop View Post
The hardtop design is what initially drew me to the car from the beginning and I am now to the point where I am withdrawing my craving for the ragtop, ya I want a ragtop but I dont think I want it in the Camaro, they will be at least another 5 grand and around where I live there is only about ten week period where I can really enjoy having a raptop.
Besides there is a beautiful RJT 2LT/RS at the local dealership just calling my name lol. I will still give the convertible another chance be checking it out in person but if it is anything like that then its a NO for me.

just 10 weeks? in GA? are you cold blooded? I'm sure if you got the car and enjoyed the top down enough you'd find even 60 degree weather was top down weather. especially as things start warming up after winter. I only say this because i ride motorcycles and I've personally found at 60 degrees it's nice to start riding. I'll ride at lower temps (40 is my cut off) but i'm comfortable starting around there. and I live in NC.

the looks seem to be what your real deciding factor is. and that's cool. just don't like excuses that don't make complete sense.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #86
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Well I live in CA and I will be getting a VERT. I plan on building a jungle jim style roll cage and will naturall go under the stock top. You buy a convertable to drive with the top down - The focus is on how it looks top down. I will post picture by mid year and you can all say hey or ney. I am also going to try to design a functional folding hardtop or at least a removable sheel - I am sure one of the real aftermarket Sunroof companies will do the same

At The LA Auto show and at a local show here in Los Angles county I have seen 2 different 2011 Mustangs with new funtional folding hard tops and they look perfect with the top down and so "hard top Esque" when the hard top is up
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #87
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Would anyone in the know know how much trunk space the 'vert has? My aunt is in the market for a new convertible and was wondering. Edmunds.com has it listed as being about 1 cubic foot less than the coupe (which if true would be pretty impressive), but after all those are the same people who rated the Challenger R/T as going 0-60 in 5.9 seconds so my faith in their facts isn't that great.

No matter what, it's going to be more than in her current Miata (which is still a pretty peppy little car, I have to admit).
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #88
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I love my coupe. My opinion is that this just cheapens the coupe. If the car was designed to be a ragtop then maybe, but when the top is up it looks more like a mustang :|. Top down is a bit better.

Someone said it will breed a generation of faded old rag-tops. I agree, look at the Mustangs from the 90s.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #89
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ok, just to be clear. There are two sets of golf clubs in the trunk. If you look at the pictures there is a back pack and another suit case on the ground. Those were in the trunk with the top up. So there is plenty of room in the trunk, just a bit smaller than a coupe.

And just to be extra clear...............................it was awesome top up or top down. But I will guarantee you guys that if your complaints about the shark fin last more than 4 seconds after driving this car with the top down, then you are simply looking for reasons not to like the convertible. It's just not that noticeable when you take the car in as a whole.

Anyone, please, anyone show me a picture of a soft top convertible that looks as good top up as it does top down. Anyone? Bueller?
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #90
Ammo7
I GOT HER

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs RJT
Just does not look right . they could have done better IMO. should have been a hard top convertable not cloth and it should match the color of the car I give it
2000, Order accepted by GM0-8/11/09
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/12/2009 TPW 09/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 08/25/09
3800, Order produced 09/12/09 2G1FK1EJ6A9145958
4200, shipped 09/14/09
5000 vehicle at dealer 09/28/09
6000 vehicle delivered to customer 09/28/09
Ammo7 is offline   Reply With Quote