Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Solo Performance Mach X-LLT J-Pipe Cat-Back Exhaust

Mach X-LLT J-Pipe Cat-Back Exhaust Kit for V6 Manual and Automatic Camaro

The Mach X-LLT exhaust kit for your V6 Camaro, Auto or Standard, is a full stainless steel unit. The muffler and tips are T304 and the pipes are T409. The band clamps we use are T304 as well. There is a lot going on in this exhaust kit to get the Camaro V6 to sound like it should. First we have a special Solo X design Mach free flow muffler in the front. As with most X pipes, this X muffler doesn’t inhibit the flow and does a great job of calming the noise. We also have a rear set of free flow Mach resonators in the tailpipe section. These resonators are the same free flow resonators used in our V6 Res-Cats. These resonators, or mini mufflers, also reduce and calm the overall exhaust note.

We have adjustable “attenuation pipes” or “J pipes” in our tailpipes too. These J-pipes are “tuned” to take out the bad frequency ranges that both the V6 Auto and Standard have. Fortunately the frequency range was the same and the J-pipes can be used on either car with the same success. We make the J-pipes adjustable and removable to give you options. To adjust the length you would loosen the end band clamp bolts and move in or out the same on both sides. ½” to 1” makes a big difference in sound. We have the pipes set at the “factory preset” length but since all Camaro’s are not made exactly the same we make them adjustable.

You are also able to remove the J pipes if you want to see how your car sounds without them. Just remove the end cap, take away the J pipe, and insert the end cap into the stub coming out of the tailpipe.

Exhaust Kit Details
  • Polished T304 Stainless Steel Mach X design muffler used in the front.
  • 4 ½” stainless steel exhaust tips. Polished T304.
  • T409 piping and weld is used for all piping.
  • Polished rear resonators and band clamps are used.
  • J-pipes are included to take away the bad or unpleasant frequencies.

Price- $961.93 shipped

New Release Special Price- The first ten kits sold will get 10% off ($809.10 shipped).

Current Solo Performance V6 Cat-Back Owners- Since you already have purchased one of our cat-backs, we will offer you a pair of J-pipes for $85 shipped. They retail for $165 shipped per pair, but we decided to offer only our current kit owners the J-pipe solution for less than our cost ($85 shipped).

Contact Information

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Pictures

Videos

Undercar View

Interior

Mach X-LLT- Stock Cats

Start-Up and Rev

Drive-By

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 01-25-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
GOINGSOLO2

Thanks for the support....9 left at 10% off...call me anytime at 516-655-9002 with questions or to place an order

Steve
Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
GOINGSOLO2

BUMP
Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Come on people, if you want a fantastic tune-able exhaust system this is the one! Can't say enough about the quality on the system.
Hey Steve, when you coming out with windshield stickers ? I'm really getting tired of telling people what kind of exhaust I have
Old 08-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Come on people, if you want a fantastic tune-able exhaust system this is the one! Can't say enough about the quality on the system.
Hey Steve, when you coming out with windshield stickers ? I'm really getting tired of telling people what kind of exhaust I have
HA HA we have smaller decals if you would like. PM me your address and we can send you some.

Steve
Old 08-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Are there any plans to offer the resonators and j-pipes as an axle back kit instead of the full cat back?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
Are there any plans to offer the resonators and j-pipes as an axle back kit instead of the full cat back?
Unfortunately not at the moment. We have this kit sounding really great and performing well. An axle-back, after all of the testing, would not sound as good on the V6. It's a tough car to get sounding great. We could possibly offer one if we had someone willing to come to our shop and have it jigged up...also we would need some interest...we just released this system and the V6 HF Cats.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
Toasty

Unfortunate for me, but undersandable. Guess I'll have to save my pennies a bit longer, haha
Old 08-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Just placed my order.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
Old 08-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #10
GOINGSOLO2

Friendly BUMP! Take advantage of the sale price and order a Mach X-LLT J-Pipe exhaust kit now. Call me anytime at 516-655-9002.

Steve
Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Installed mine this evening. Couldn't get the high-flow res-cats installed though. But the cat-back sounds good just by itself.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
Old 08-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #12
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Here are the pics from the install ! The guys at Muffler Man were fantastic. Great coffee too ! Now with the J-pipes installed the drone is totally gone. If it wasn't my daily driver I probably wouldn't have done the j-pipes since the sound is really great even with out.
Much better sounding than any other system I have heard for the V6. Thanks Solo !
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #13
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Here are the pics from the install ! The guys at Muffler Man were fantastic. Great coffee too ! Now with the J-pipes installed the drone is totally gone. If it wasn't my daily driver I probably wouldn't have done the j-pipes since the sound is really great even with out.
Much better sounding than any other system I have heard for the V6. Thanks Solo !
Did you have some other aftermarket exhaust on before the Solo?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #14
aki

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I was one of the first SOLO exhausts for the A6 Camaro . Last week I visited muffler man in Buffalo and decided to check out the new j-pipe. I did have a bit of drone around 1800 rpm but since my car isn't a daily driver it didn't really bother me. I LOVED the sound of the exhaust so I didn't think I wanted to tamper with it. I decided to go with the j-pipes after talking with some of the guys and being assured it would still sound like my current exhaust. WOW they they know their stuff. Any slight drone there is and I mean slight is above 3000 rpm(not cruising range). But that great sound is still there. If your thinking of an exhaust really consider these they sound great and no drone, you can't go wrong. Thanks to Jeff and his crew for everything.

Closed Thread