Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Onecoolcamaroguy
Banned

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2LT/Rs
Chevy Dealer Bad body work,Says bad Gm Parts

Hello everyone.My 2012 camaro 45th Anniversary edition Camaro with all chevy upgrades,Grill,quarter flares,45th Mats Tire kit everything was rear ended in an accident.I took It to a Chevy Dealer In Cherry Hill,NJ to have it fixed to specs and what a nightmare.They did do a great color match and paint finish but thats it!The impact bar they were paid to paint to specs they left black,1/4 inch gaps all around rear bumper,quarter flares falling off.Rocker panels rattleing around,front flares falling off.,valance panel gouged.I pointed everything out and was very nice.Body shop Manager wanted to fight me.Guess they hate when they get caught committing insurance fraud.They ended up painting the impact bar,retaping rear flares and tried to correct bumper.They then told me that general Motors makes inferior parts and thats why the bumper doesnt fit!I had to repair the rockers.between two sides they left 17 broken and missing rocker retainers and the front flares were never retaped.I ordered new rear bumper brackets and will reinstall myself.GM customer service reps were just a waste of time.Just like when our 2011 coudnt be fixed.If you have any issues get a lemon lawyer like we did!$5500 dollar settlement!I am suing the dealer and naming General Motors as a defendant since its their parts.I also filed with the BBB of NJ,Division of Insurance and banking and Nj division of consumer affairs.i have time dated Photos to prove everything!Plus i caught them painting car parts outside against EPA regulations and have reported them with photos!thats a $10k dollar fine!i guess they should of made good on the car!this is our 5th generation 5 and will be the last.been a Camaro owner since 16 and I am done thanks to general Motors caring less.!
Onecoolcamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Totally agree with you. My chevy dealer boned me on a regular $6000 collision repair recently as well. Definitely same old GM.

*Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety*
Old 11-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
JB @ C and L Machine

Drives: Ordered 2011
Good ole Mall Chevy !!
JB @ C and L Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
So the dealer does a crappy repair job and you want to blame GM for defective parts... You have 3 posts all bashing GM over something. Blame the dealer not the manufacturer..
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
So.. since your reverse camera isn't working right... i assume that is from this accident too?

I ask why you are on your 5th Camaro?.. either you can't drive or if you are expecting 100% perfection.. i suggest you just walk...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Not sure why you are blaming GM when the dealer did a crappy repair job. I had my bumper replaced, looks great even tho I did have to bring it back a few times before the body shop got it looking right.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

You guys did read the part where gm customer service did nothing to help right?

*Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety*
Old 11-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
You guys did read the part where gm customer service did nothing to help right?

Why should they since it was accident damage and not a warranty issue?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post

GM would not get involved with anything that doesn't have to deal with warranty work. You can report a dealer to GM for shoddy work though! I could be wrong but once again I don't think GM would get involved.

Personally if I every need anything done to my car paint wise I will go to another body shop....never the dealer again!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Sounds like you dealer has a poor body shop, or they are using Aftermarket parts in place of oem to try to increase body shop profits. GM has a price match policy in place for some collsion parts, so with that every bodyshop I know wants the OE parts because they do fit and are the same as production pieces. So do not bash GM when your shop is the one that needs bashing.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Valid point. Although they should do something when these dealers are their public interface.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
There are always 3 sides to a story. Your side, their side and the truth. I am not defending GM or the dealer or the OP. But these type of stories are few and far between. I also agree that if this is your 5th Camaro, you obviously didn't have too bad of an experience before...either that or you meet the definition of insane. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Some dealers suck, some are awesome. Just sounds like you found a bad one. Hope the settlement goes in your favor
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing Rough Idle Cam, LS3 Conversion.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Custom 18" Forgestar F14's, Nitto 305/45-18 DR's
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #13
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Has anyone else noticed this guy has made only 3 posts, all bashing GM and never comes back to the same thread? Even the two he started... Anyone else thinking what I am?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #14
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
:troll:
1971 Monte Carlo
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote