Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmurphy View Post
This place rocks for information!!!

Went to my dealer to get my tires sensors reset (Changed rims and tires) and told him about the fuse mod and he was amazed out how much more info is on the web and expecially in this forum than he has available to him from GM.
We rock!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #16
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
If I had never found C5, I would still have a slow car and would have exhausted all of my normal resources.

Thank you to all the people who cared enough to spend time on the phone or PMing back and forth and try to help me. (You guys know who you are )

And continue to help. Remember, we still have not fixed whatever it is that caused this. That will be up to GM and I believe they are working on it. My dealer called this morning and left a message saying "we have some information about your Camaro" so I'm gonna find out right now what that's about.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #17
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
If I had never found C5, I would still have a slow car and would have exhausted all of my normal resources.

Thank you to all the people who cared enough to spend time on the phone or PMing back and forth and try to help me. (You guys know who you are )

And continue to help. Remember, we still have not fixed whatever it is that caused this. That will be up to GM and I believe they are working on it. My dealer called this morning and left a message saying "we have some information about your Camaro" so I'm gonna find out right now what that's about.
That's awesome, can't wait to hear what they say.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #18
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
They probalby saw his face in the video and are going to say GM wants you to quit posting pictures and videos of yourself. Photos and videos of Bonnie only.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
How do you remove them? Just give them a tug?
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #20
MyNewSolstice

Drives: 06 Solstice
No there should be a fuse puller included in a replacement fuse kit it is probably like 5$ it makes it alot easier
MyNewSolstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #21
H3LLJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNewSolstice View Post
No there should be a fuse puller included in a replacement fuse kit it is probably like 5$ it makes it alot easier
Any household items that you can think of that would be safe to use?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #22
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLJumper View Post
How do you remove them? Just give them a tug?

A fuse tweezer is included on the fuse board.. look in the lower right hand of this photo. It's that weird looking white/gray plastic claw thing clipped into the board on its side.

Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #23
MyNewSolstice

Drives: 06 Solstice
Good catch tran!
MyNewSolstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #24
H3LLJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
A fuse kit tweezer is included on the fuse board.. look in the lower right hand of this photo. That weird looking white/gray plastic claw thing on its side.

Whoa! Didn't even see that! Thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #25
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
This forum absolutely rocks!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
That's awesome, can't wait to hear what they say.
Ok. Just talked to them. Kinda funny. She said she got a call from GM technical assistance and first of all, she they 'heard' , that my car was running better. They told her that there was another case here in Alabama that basicaly needed a computer reset. (Hmmmmmmm, wonder who that was? ) And that they were to get my car back in and do the reset, but wondered why my car was running better.

I told her that I pulled the number 5 and 20 fuses and let it sit, yada yada yada, and she started laughing. She said that what I basicaly did is what they were supposed to do according to GM thecnical assistance. (Of course they wouldn't pull the fuses but reset it another way) They have discovered that even a gallon of low OR MID-GRADE fuel will cause this. They have mid-grade fuel at the dealers for PDI purposes and they allway put 3 gallons in new cars when they get them. (Bay Chevrolet)This is what happened. So I asked about my concern of why the computer didn't adjust after 6000 miles of 93 in it. She said "It won't adjust, you have to bring it to the dealer to have it reset". Or of course, pull the fuses. So there seems to be a slowing of information that has still not filtered down to the dealer level. OR, their not taking the info seriously. I gotta admit I am still SHOCKED that it made THAT big of a difference. They have instructed the salespeople and mainenance dept. to NEVER put 'lot fuel' (89 octane) fuel in the Camaros when they come in.

Then she asked if I wanted to bring it in and have it looked at for general purpose. I asked if I needed to and she said that what I did is all they would have done and I would be fine but bring it in if there are any other problems.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I guess we better add this to the "Instructions to the dealer" page for when you order your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
They probalby saw his face in the video and are going to say GM wants you to quit posting pictures and videos of yourself. Photos and videos of Bonnie only.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #27
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Sounds to me like this "mod" is Camaro 101 for new owners.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #28
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
LOL - we need a "your dealer is a spy for Ford" smiley.

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote