Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Acebeforejack

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2/RS
Drop splindles or lowering springs?

Okay so i want to lower my camaro about 1'. I was thinking about going with the Eibach lowering springs, then i talked to one of my mechanic who works at a wheel/alignment shop and he said i should look for 1' lowering /drop splindles instead of the springs.. He told me the springs can mess with all the stock suspension etc, and possibly something go wrong?, or isnt good for the car, i wasnt really understanding him.. Is this true?
Acebeforejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Haven't seen a drop spindle yet from any vendors.

He's right, drop springs 1" will reduce your shock travel, could have bottoming issues, but alot of folks have done the drop springs already. Maybe some of them will chime in with any issues they've had.

You can also read thru some of the posts in this area, it's been talked about a number of times.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Drop spindles can cost a serious amount more than coils. To say they do not affect other component is totally incorrect. Case in point, the drop spindles on the 1/2 ton GM truck seriously stress the end links, whereas the coils do not. There are tic for tac advantages for both. For the Camaro, drop coils are much more practical

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote