Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
In memory of 9/11.. Where were you?

Tran, please keep this thread in General Discussion for today. You can move it to Off Topic tomorrow if you want.

I just want to ask everyone to take a moment out of their busy days to remember the American citizens that lost their lives on this day 12 years ago.

Please keep politics out of this thread. This is a thread of remembrance.

Where were you when you heard about what was happening in New York, the Pentagon and in a field in Pennsylvania on September 11th, 2001?
Old 09-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I happened to be at home sick that day, watching the news when the first plane hit. Watched the whole thing as it happened. Shocking.

Never Forget!
Attached Images

2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
At work in a company staff meeting. We abandoned the staff meeting and some left the office to go get their children from school while others stayed and watched it all unfold on the break room television.

My memories of that day are still so vivid.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #4
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I was sleeping after a long night working shift work when my wife woke me up telling me America was under attack. I sat in my lazy boy in total shock watching the second tower get hit live like it was a movie. Most shocking thing i have ever witnessed.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Was sitting in class was a junior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #6
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
At work. At the time I was a networking analyst outside of Philly. We had connections dropping like flies. Turned on the news and we saw what was happening. Verizon had equipment on the first tower that some of our connections ran thru. We couldnt believe what we were seeing. Called my wife and she turned on news just in time for her and my daughter, who was four at the time, to see the second tower get hit. Its a day we will never forget. Nor should we.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #7
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
On Mechanicsburg ,PA Navy Base.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #8
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I knew it would be you or Fen to make a post about it

4th grade class, taking a spelling test.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #9
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Getting ready to go to school, or at school. Not sure which I don't really remember it that well:/
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #10
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
i was in school when i first heard...they really didnt give us much information at the time. not sure if it was to keep us sheltered from what was really happening or just because they didnt really know either. all i was told was that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center...then not long after that one had also hit the Pentagon.

about an hour or two later my mother came and picked myself and sister up from school...i remember going straight for the TV and putting on the news (fox news if i remember correctly) and just staring at it and not being able to believe it. the Twin Towers were a land mark, something i had seen with my own eyes, and being inside countless times being from southern NY.

My father is a Firefighter in Mamaroneck, NY and was called into work that day because the guys that were on duty went down to the city to help. they ended up taking over a firehouse that was empty and taking their calls for them. as it turned out, the guys working that day were first responders down to the World Trade Center site and everyone that was working that day had died when the towers came down.

i still remember the first time i saw the NY skyline without the towers in it...i rememebr it almost as vividly as i remember the 11th itself...it was a few months later i think. i was in Jersey and could see across the river...it just didnt look the same...didnt look like home anymore, like something was taken from it....

i would say 9/11 was abiut 50% of the reason i joined the military. and ive done 3 westpac deployments bringing the fight back to people that were responsible. i even had the pleasure of being on board the USS Carl Vinson when they brought that special guest on board and we buried him in the sea. that was a great day.

Last edited by Denis; 09-11-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #11
zSHOWTIMEz
So Cal Invasion

Drives: 2011 2SS RS PACKAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
I knew it would be you or Fen to make a post about it

4th grade class, taking a spelling test.
same here minus the spelling test we were watching lion king
Old 09-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #12
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Home with my then 6 month old daughter wondering what kind of world we brought her into.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #13
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Home with my then 6 month old daughter wondering what kind of world we brought her into.
Geez. I can completely understand that.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #14
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I was at Fort Knox, Ky on week 12 of 16 of 19D OSUT. All we knew was what the drill sergeants and cadre were telling us. Didn't see any pictures of it until early October. By then they had stopped airing footage on TV and internet video sucked back then. I didn't get to see decent quality footage until the first anniversary. Went into a peace time Army in a pre-9/11 world and by the time I was done training we were a war time Army heading into Afghanistan.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote