Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 11:46 PM   #519
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I'm glad this project is still going. You guys had me worried for a minute.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 12-16-2014, 12:56 AM   #520
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Gorgeous. Just gorgeous -- all of it. Nice work, Casper...

Old 12-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #521
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I'm glad this project is still going. You guys had me worried for a minute.
Ahh grasshopper must have a little faith, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Gorgeous. Just gorgeous -- all of it. Nice work, Casper...

Toooo funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
WOW is all i can say !!!!
Thanks Marty!

We did a little work on the wicker bill. Burn off the factory powder coating and gave it a brush and clear anodize finish. I's going to look killer with some Ring Brother stainless bolts and washers.

Name:  028.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  98.9 KB

Couple pics of the dry carbon roof

Name:  046.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  047.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  93.2 KB

Wait until you guys see what we are doing for a diffuser
Old 12-19-2014, 03:44 AM   #522
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
...I want it all!

Any info on z28 parts? If so I'll have to pick up another Camaro when I get back
Old 12-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #523
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
...I want it all!

Any info on z28 parts? If so I'll have to pick up another Camaro when I get back
Trying to hold back on the Z/28 parts as we wanted to debut them on our car before we brought them to market. If we do, them we will need to do something different for G5R just to keep it unique which means we will never finish this thing, LOL.

Here another little update: Just got word that our trans and diff cooler bracket is on its way. Because of the complexity of the multiple bends a normally breaker wouldnt do. We were trying to source a finger bender with no luck. Our friends at Derale source a company to bend it for us.

Name:  Al.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  104.0 KB
Old 12-20-2014, 12:10 AM   #524
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Trying to hold back on the Z/28 parts as we wanted to debut them on our car before we brought them to market. If we do, them we will need to do something different for G5R just to keep it unique which means we will never finish this thing, LOL.
Makes sense too. Was super excited when you guys announced it, since that would be the only reason I would pick up another Camaro when I get back.

If you change your mind let us know
Old 12-21-2014, 12:26 AM   #525
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Trying to hold back on the Z/28 parts as we wanted to debut them on our car before we brought them to market...
Please tell me we don't have to wait until after SEMA 2015?
Old 12-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #526
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
Makes perfect sense to me.

Btw the bracket looks very cool
Thanks Marty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Makes sense too. Was super excited when you guys announced it, since that would be the only reason I would pick up another Camaro when I get back.

If you change your mind let us know
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Please tell me we don't have to wait until after SEMA 2015?

I Know, I wish we had gotten her done this year and been done with it.

Here a little update. Shock hats are done.

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  120.1 KB

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  166.6 KB

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  138.8 KB
Old 12-21-2014, 08:07 PM   #527
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
scribed'
Old 12-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #528
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Doesn't a SEMA reveal kind of lessen the effect now? The 6th gen should be released and possibly shipping by then. Most people will be far more interested in the '16 than another 5th gen. Even if it is unlike any other one they have ever seen.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 12-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #529
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
I just stumbled across this thread, and I have to say I'm floored. The level of craftsmanship, and the attention to detail are second to none. Assuming you have this at SEMA next year, it could be right beside a next gen SS and I'd still want to look at it. Keep it up, this is an incredible build.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #530
1sick_eg

Drives: 14 Camaro 1LE,328i, and some Hondas
Quote:

Here another little update: Just got word that our trans and diff cooler bracket is on its way. Because of the complexity of the multiple bends a normally breaker wouldnt do. We were trying to source a finger bender with no luck. Our friends at Derale source a company to bend it for us.
Wait, so you won't be releasing the z/28 parts many of us have been waiting for for over 6 months? I understand the need to be unique, but some of us have been strung along saying that prices were going to be released any day for weeks in a row. At the very least, you could have updated the G5R thread in the sponsors marketplace.

I see a lot of people who were going to purchase these parts going after the OEM versions instead. I will still enjoy this build and respect what you brothers have done thus far, but I think this was a poor business decision on G5R's part.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #531
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Doesn't a SEMA reveal kind of lessen the effect now? The 6th gen should be released and possibly shipping by then. Most people will be far more interested in the '16 than another 5th gen. Even if it is unlike any other one they have ever seen.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
I just stumbled across this thread, and I have to say I'm floored. The level of craftsmanship, and the attention to detail are second to none. Assuming you have this at SEMA next year, it could be right beside a next gen SS and I'd still want to look at it. Keep it up, this is an incredible build.
Thanks Bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick_eg View Post
Wait, so you won't be releasing the z/28 parts many of us have been waiting for for over 6 months? I understand the need to be unique, but some of us have been strung along saying that prices were going to be released any day for weeks in a row. At the very least, you could have updated the G5R thread in the sponsors marketplace.

I see a lot of people who were going to purchase these parts going after the OEM versions instead. I will still enjoy this build and respect what you brothers have done thus far, but I think this was a poor business decision on G5R's part.
Hey 1sick_eg, I was referring to the flares, rockers and front splitter. We are going to release the spoiler which I know you were interested in. We are also releasing the Z/28 rear diffuser. These parts are on the "Spring Edition" so they aren't exclusive to the Z/28.

Keep in mind we are just enthusiast like you. Another words most of what we do is just to help the community out. The only reason it has made any sense to bring any of these parts to market is because we are already doing them for G5R. We aren't doing this as a business as financially it would make sense. Just to give you an idea, we had only two 1LE guys get anything CF. As you can see it's a very small market!
Old 12-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #532
1sick_eg

Drives: 14 Camaro 1LE,328i, and some Hondas
Well thanks for clearing that up Nathan. You got me all worked up for nothing! Lol. Like I said before, I appreciate what you guys have done for the community. I understand there's not a huge demand for some of these parts.

I'm glad you'll still be offering the spoiler. Will you be releasing the hood vent before sema? Sorry about my previous post. I took your post as you were delaying all of the z28 parts. Hopefully no hard feelings. Thanks for the quick response.

Closed Thread