Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #43
CKarsting

Drives: 2009 Chevy Camaro on pre order
Great shots.......

I'm not sure if I like the way the backend looks as much without the vents. Still nice, but I hope the vents come standard.

Chad K,

Webmaster
Folsom Chevrolet Dealer
CKarsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #44
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Humidity? I know better places than here to test that. They just wanted to take this Baby to beach for the day. Can you blame them?
Old 03-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #45
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

You know what though, it does rain here like cats and dogs once a week now doing the end of the winter. I'm sure they will need to see how it does on dirt roads too. We got tons of those. I think it should rain tomorrow or Saturday. All I know is I got my Cannon with me at all times. My first order of business would be to touch the material the lights are made of.

Funny how though I'm totally convinced those are not the true headlights, just because they are so not proportionate to the fogs, but you just wanna do more investigating and just reasure yourself that those aren't real.

Guys. I know what this headlight thing is like. You know how we all get to the bar and start checking out girls and say "real" or "fake". Most of the time we can tell just by looking then sometimes we say, "Hum, I can't tell, maybe if I felt them." I don't know. What do you think? That's just me.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #46
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Oh man, I hope they come to Orlando, I am going to keep my camera with me everywhere I go. Just seeing it cruising on the highway, I picture myself in it . It deff needs the small spoiler but it still looks killer!

And everyone dont forget!!!:notheadlights:!!!!!!!!!!!!
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #47
The80sman
NIUK NIUK!!..WOOWOOWOO!!!

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
What is a pre production Camaro doing in Florida? I mean does GM have a headquarters around here?
The80sman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 PM   #48
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by selil View Post
I chased the Porsche SUV through Colorado one year when they were testing it
saw them testing it to a few years back in Tucson AZ
Old 03-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #49
vandy0419

Drives: GM!
I love this car so much!

I guess it kind of makes sense...since they're not taking it to shows, why not put a couple all over the roads so when someone on the road sees it, they'll be in absolute awe
vandy0419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #50
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
I like the rear end angles on this one. She's got a nice @ss!
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #51
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The80sman View Post
What is a pre production Camaro doing in Florida? I mean does GM have a headquarters around here?
They are testing the car under humid conditions.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:45 PM   #52
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

(Smoking a cigarette)
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #53
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
The T-rex and Bullitt ain't got nothin on that!

balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #54
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
I like the white. I'm actually starting to like it more than the black.
That is exactly what my grandpa said about it this afternoon when I showed him the pictures.

I think he is settling for black with silver stripes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydw30 View Post
I have 3 or 4 videos from my camera phone of me trailing close behind the white camaro, but I don't know how to post. I will take my camcorder to work tomorrow, and if I nsee it again I will film it.
I sent myself a video one time from my cell. First I emailed the video to my own email on the computer, then saved the video and uploaded it to YouTube. It's simple really. Be sure to let us know if and when you can get the video up and running! That would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokn' View Post
with this much testing, i'm pretty sure we can dismiss the idea that there's going to be any engine we've seen before in these. i know they test all cars, but this seems to be a lot of extensive engine testing to stick some vette reject engine in there...let's go gen v! and i agree, what a great week!
I was kind of wondering about this myself... I mean, I'm not a car guru or anything. But, if they are using an engine that has been previously used in different vehicles (i.e. Corvette), why are they testing the engine to see how it does in humid conditions? If it is an engine already in production, wouldn't they already know how it reacts to humidity?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:37 PM   #55
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Just wait until I see a 5th gen on the road.. I'll be posting 100+ pictures LOL. I'll follow them until I run out of gas honestly.........

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #56
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
That is exactly what my grandpa said about it this afternoon when I showed him the pictures.

I think he is settling for black with silver stripes though.

I sent myself a video one time from my cell. First I emailed the video to my own email on the computer, then saved the video and uploaded it to YouTube. It's simple really. Be sure to let us know if and when you can get the video up and running! That would be awesome!

I was kind of wondering about this myself... I mean, I'm not a car guru or anything. But, if they are using an engine that has been previously used in different vehicles (i.e. Corvette), why are they testing the engine to see how it does in humid conditions? If it is an engine already in production, wouldn't they already know how it reacts to humidity?
That is a very good assumption, but the fact that the body style is different, they need to test that the air is getting into the airbox efficiently enough to feed the engine. Then again I recall Fbodfather saying we should "forget what we know about engines" I have a feeling were going to get the first Gen V, or maybe some sort of 4.5 haha
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote