Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-13-2017, 06:01 AM   #71
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
What pisses me off about tipping is that some restaurants will add a tip to a bill even with a small party of 2 people. If you don't catch that and you end up double tipping. I try to check the bill before giving them the card so that doesn't happen but usually if they already add a tip its less than I would normally give and the waitress gets screwed out of a good tip and only get their mediocre one.

Another time it pisses me off is when we travel. A few times we went to Anguilla which you need to fly to St Martin. When at baggage claim people take your luggage from from you inside the door at baggage claim to just outside to a taxi and want you to tip them for carrying your bag 15 ft. They get angry and tell you that you owe them money. I nearly hit one of them once - not cool as there are usually armed police in and outside the terminal that give you dirty looks if you don't want to tip. Now if I go there I tell them to stay away from me and my stuff.

Same thing happens in Jamaica. We went there once and took a bus tour to the falls. The bus stopped at one of those straw markets on the way there that sell crap to tourists. Once we got off the bus they retailers were all over us so we got right back on the bus. Another couple got lured off and taken for all their cash to buy crap there. At the end of the tour the bus driver wanted everyone to tip him so he drove the bus out of the way to an atm so those people could get cash and give him a tip. It was like an extra half hour for that little detour. Not cool at all.

Last edited by Orange skid mark; 12-13-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Orange skid mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #72
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
tip a G-man? our G-men ride in comfy cab, use articulated arm to grab trash can.
now, if he got out of the truck to put can back by the house, then I would tip him!

also, busboys usually get tipped by the wait staff for quick turn around on their tables.
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #73
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange skid mark View Post
What pisses me off about tipping is that some restaurants will add a tip to a bill even with a small party of 2 people. If you don't catch that and you end up double tipping. I try to check the bill before giving them the card so that doesn't happen but usually if they already add a tip its less than I would normally give and the waitress gets screwed out of a good tip and only get their mediocre one.

Another time it pisses me off is when we travel. A few times we went to Anguilla which you need to fly to St Martin. When at baggage claim people take your luggage from from you inside the door at baggage claim to just outside to a taxi and want you to tip them for carrying your bag 15 ft. They get angry and tell you that you owe them money. I nearly hit one of them once - not cool as there are usually armed police in and outside the terminal that give you dirty looks if you don't want to tip. Now if I go there I tell them to stay away from me and my stuff.

Same thing happens in Jamaica. We went there once and took a bus tour to the falls. The bus stopped at one of those straw markets on the way there that sell crap to tourists. Once we got off the bus they retailers were all over us so we got right back on the bus. Another couple got lured off and taken for all their cash to buy crap there. At the end of the tour the bus driver wanted everyone to tip him so he drove the bus out of the way to an atm so those people could get cash and give him a tip. It was like an extra half hour for that little detour. Not cool at all.

I had tea with the Queen of England once and I tipped the royal guard for keeping me safe.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #74
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
There's 12 days till Xmas its 20 deg out the wind is wipping at 35-40 mph and the UPS/FEDEX people are doing 200+++ deliveries per day....yea definitely make too much $$$