Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-07-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
deano1989

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Vararam Air Induction System Tune

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, I couldn't find it...

I'm looking at getting the Vararam air induction for my 2010 L99. I have a CAI, muffler delete axle back exhausts, and LT headers that have already been tuned. Should I buy the 'tune' or 'no tune' Vararam and would this mess up the tune I already have? I didn't know if the O2 sensors would get messed up and start throwing codes because of the tune I have already. I plan on getting another tune done on the Camaro but I want to wait until I have the Vararam and some other bolt on mods installed.

Thanks for any input you guys can give me.
deano1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
The vararam moves the maf sensor right in front of the throttle body, I would suggest a retune after with both model's of the intake
Old 11-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #3
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
The vararam moves the maf sensor right in front of the throttle body, I would suggest a retune after with both model's of the intake
I agree. Even the 'No-Tune' version should really be tuned for. Whether or not you existing CAI tune would help, I have no idea. But why not take full advantage of what this intake can offer?
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I will third the above statements and say get the tuned version because you'll need to retune for the Vararam. On the bright side, you should be getting more power out of your car with this intake. I'm a BIG fan of Roto-fab and even CAI, but even though I didn't buy a Vararam, they will make the best power out of those three. The reason I didn't buy one is because I had planned on going forced induction one day and it was not compatible with a supercharger and I didn't want to have to buy multiple cold air intakes.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote