Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #1457
Chris49066SS

 
Chris49066SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS L99
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TN
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
Ahhh man, so close to a dime run!! Intake seems to be working well for you though!

What all do you have for weight reduction? I have a few lbs on you, but evening that out would still put mine right at 4k race weight. Curious what the easiest way to shed a couple hundred more lbs would be

And yay procharger build! Mine is still probably a year away now, but looking to go centri myself!
I know, I was really hoping to get it on that last one, then the tires broke loose and it was over. My centri is probably even further out. Gotta get the fuel system established first! And ideally, the driveline, but I think I will be impatient and do that afterward. I want that boost! Lol.

So for my weight reduction, I got the car down to 3,565 lbs without driver, with:

Skinnies with bias ply M&H in front
Ran with 1/4 tank of gas

Removed:

Passenger seat
Back seats
Front crash bar
Front sway bar
Factory washer fluid bottle and lines
Air filter (remove only at track)
Exhaust system (running open headers)
Engine cover (because LOD intake)
Trunk floor/liner/air pump/styrofoam

And the ET Street R bias plys that I DIDN'T get to use were 8 lbs lighter a piece (of rotational mass mind you). I used my old ET Street S/S and with heavy 17x10.5 Racestars, those are actually only 1 lb lighter than stock 20"s with a street radial.
__________________
11.079 @ 122.99mph
Build thread - www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555371

Last edited by Chris49066SS; 11-11-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Chris49066SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #1458
olblue75


 
olblue75's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Clarksville Tennesse.
Posts: 4,760
So you did the trunk floor mod and how much did it save?
__________________
Orange Krush II
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Suede Steering wheel, short throw shifter. Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, C7 GS Calipers, PAFDT Solid Cradle bushing, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 17/8 LTs.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:26 PM   #1459
Tajefe Couple

 
Tajefe Couple's Avatar
 
Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris49066SS View Post
I know, I was really hoping to get it on that last one, then the tires broke loose and it was over. My centri is probably even further out. Gotta get the fuel system established first! And ideally, the driveline, but I think I will be impatient and do that afterward. I want that boost! Lol.

So for my weight reduction, I got the car down to 3,565 lbs without driver, with:

Skinnies with bias ply M&H in front
Ran with 1/4 tank of gas

Removed:

Passenger seat
Back seats
Front crash bar
Front sway bar
Factory washer fluid bottle and lines
Air filter (remove only at track)
Exhaust system (running open headers)
Engine cover (because LOD intake)
Trunk floor/liner/air pump/styrofoam

And the ET Street R bias plys that I DIDN'T get to use were 8 lbs lighter a piece (of rotational mass mind you). I used my old ET Street S/S and with heavy 17x10.5 Racestars, those are actually only 1 lb lighter than stock 20"s with a street radial.
Wow not as much done to lighten it up as I figured you'd have. I didn't lose that much with my rear Welds as I hoped, but I also have a slightly larger tire on the back. The front lost about 30 lbs a side with the skinnies though.
I also thought about removing my air filter like I use to back in the day. Had a couple worries though track is always horribly dirty/dusty and its tuned with my Vararam so never had the balls to try it. You probably pull more air with your intake than I would and benefit from it though.
Thanks for sharing on what you did for weight reduction. Now get that beast into the 10's next time!
__________________
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
Old Skool
Tajefe Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:21 AM   #1460
lazerlemonta

 
lazerlemonta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 C6 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 833
Congrats Chris!
__________________
2010 C6 JET STREAM BLUE
BOLT ONS TO THE EXTREME, GPI 281cc HEADS, SS4 CAM, LOD SPEEDWORKS INTAKE, CRANK SCRAPER, RPS TWIN CARBON CLUTCH, RPM 4.10 STAGE II DIF AND E85 562/448 SAE

Best ET 10.58 @ 131.8 stock heads and stock cam 453/445 SAE
10.62@134.82 GPI 281CC Heads, SS4 Cam and X1 Intake
Best 1/8 6.80@105.75
Best MPH 134.82
lazerlemonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #1461
Chris49066SS

 
Chris49066SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS L99
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TN
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
So you did the trunk floor mod and how much did it save?
I didnt weigh the trunk stuff but I am guessing no more than 10-15 lbs. It just didn't seem right to keep it in there especially with all the stuff out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerlemonta View Post
Congrats Chris!
Thanks Lazer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Wow not as much done to lighten it up as I figured you'd have. I didn't lose that much with my rear Welds as I hoped, but I also have a slightly larger tire on the back. The front lost about 30 lbs a side with the skinnies though.
I also thought about removing my air filter like I use to back in the day. Had a couple worries though track is always horribly dirty/dusty and its tuned with my Vararam so never had the balls to try it. You probably pull more air with your intake than I would and benefit from it though.
Thanks for sharing on what you did for weight reduction. Now get that beast into the 10's next time!
I am planning on a 15" Weld with the 275 MT Pro. It seems to be a fast wheel/tire. I think I am all done for the season, so we will see when we'll see!
__________________
11.079 @ 122.99mph
Build thread - www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555371
Chris49066SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:36 PM   #1462
lazerlemonta

 
lazerlemonta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 C6 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 833
Still struggling to leave on any power. Car was 3340 and I was just making clean shifts not beating on the trans. Going to make a few changes for the spring. I know it’ll go bottom 10s I just have to leave hard enough.

https://youtu.be/rpGJYWbB7EY
__________________
2010 C6 JET STREAM BLUE
BOLT ONS TO THE EXTREME, GPI 281cc HEADS, SS4 CAM, LOD SPEEDWORKS INTAKE, CRANK SCRAPER, RPS TWIN CARBON CLUTCH, RPM 4.10 STAGE II DIF AND E85 562/448 SAE

Best ET 10.58 @ 131.8 stock heads and stock cam 453/445 SAE
10.62@134.82 GPI 281CC Heads, SS4 Cam and X1 Intake
Best 1/8 6.80@105.75
Best MPH 134.82
lazerlemonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:48 PM   #1463
Chris49066SS

 
Chris49066SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS L99
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TN
Posts: 1,083
It definitely picks up plenty of mph
__________________
11.079 @ 122.99mph
Build thread - www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555371
Chris49066SS is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.