Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2019, 10:12 PM   #1
WilZonL1
 
WilZonL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bristol VA
Posts: 13
Just a kid that finally got his dream

Hey all, thanks for having me. This actually makes the 3rd forum for cars/trucks I'm on now, I may have a problem. But anyway, I remember my first time getting in a Camaro was with my grandparents who had a 69' the smell of a carburetor and the old vinyl has always stayed with me. Fast forward a few years later to when my neighbor got a brand new 2010 Camaro with the L99, I was still a kid but I remember getting in the driver's seat and immediately falling in love with all the nostalgic touches from the 1st gen Camaro. 9 years later I finally have the means to be able to more than just afford a one, I wanted one either in yellow or orange and had been hunting about two years before I had a dealership call and make me an offer I couldn't refuse on a 2013 model.

I also had the opportunity to see a 69' Zl1 in Pigeon Forge a couple weeks back that I'll attach an image of

Unfortunately I have already gotten a ticket and yes, I'm a 20 y/o that pays for his own shit and can drive stick, surprise!
Attached Images
   

Last edited by WilZonL1; 09-22-2019 at 10:23 PM.
WilZonL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:29 AM   #2
steelgeek
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi Wagon
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Stockton CA
Posts: 13
That looks fantastic. Welcome to the forum.
steelgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #3
Deputy347k9

 
Deputy347k9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Havelock, NC
Posts: 1,081
Welcome to the Forum! By the way, when you "earn" you own set of wheels I honestly believe you will take better care of it! Besides, you don't owe anyone anything!
__________________
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:36 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 19,512
for starters....being a part of 3 different forums isn't a problem, lol I'm currently part of 5 and have been part of as many as 9 before....its just a search for knowledge!

oh and btw......CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.



oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:40 AM   #5
ZEN357
 
ZEN357's Avatar
 
Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilZonL1 View Post
Hey all, thanks for having me. This actually makes the 3rd forum for cars/trucks I'm on now, I may have a problem. But anyway, I remember my first time getting in a Camaro was with my grandparents who had a 69' the smell of a carburetor and the old vinyl has always stayed with me. Fast forward a few years later to when my neighbor got a brand new 2010 Camaro with the L99, I was still a kid but I remember getting in the driver's seat and immediately falling in love with all the nostalgic touches from the 1st gen Camaro. 9 years later I finally have the means to be able to more than just afford a one, I wanted one either in yellow or orange and had been hunting about two years before I had a dealership call and make me an offer I couldn't refuse on a 2013 model.

I also had the opportunity to see a 69' Zl1 in Pigeon Forge a couple weeks back that I'll attach an image of

Unfortunately I have already gotten a ticket and yes, I'm a 20 y/o that pays for his own shit and can drive stick, surprise!
Congrats! I've been where you are at and know exactly how you feel. Glad you got a three pedal model, that's the only way to own a muscle car! Easy on the foot, save it for the track.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:10 AM   #6
Lil35caM
 
Lil35caM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Paris, Arkansas
Posts: 5
Wow, you are doing a great job at your 20! Dream big!
Lil35caM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:12 PM   #7
WilZonL1
 
WilZonL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bristol VA
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgeek View Post
That looks fantastic. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you, I appreciate it!
WilZonL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:13 PM   #8
WilZonL1
 
WilZonL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bristol VA
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Welcome to the Forum! By the way, when you "earn" you own set of wheels I honestly believe you will take better care of it! Besides, you don't owe anyone anything!
I own 3 sets of wheels, the other two are under 10K in value but I agree!
WilZonL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:14 PM   #9
WilZonL1
 
WilZonL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bristol VA
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
for starters....being a part of 3 different forums isn't a problem, lol I'm currently part of 5 and have been part of as many as 9 before....its just a search for knowledge!

oh and btw......CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.



oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

No one ever complained from too much knowledge, thank you!
WilZonL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #10
WilZonL1
 
WilZonL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bristol VA
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
Congrats! I've been where you are at and know exactly how you feel. Glad you got a three pedal model, that's the only way to own a muscle car! Easy on the foot, save it for the track.

Thank you! I would have most definitely regretted buying an auto, I can try!
WilZonL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:18 PM   #11
WilZonL1
 
WilZonL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bristol VA
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil35caM View Post
Wow, you are doing a great job at your 20! Dream big!
Life is too short to stand by idle, thank you!
WilZonL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #12
lemontwist
 
lemontwist's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: mooresville nc
Posts: 482
nice whip....take it easy.
EVERYONE should know how to drive a stick i made my 19 yr old kid learn because i would only buy him a stick lol. he loves it and none of his friends can do it.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #13
witenite


 
witenite's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,254
Congrats & welcome!
__________________
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:16 PM   #14
BAD DAB


 
BAD DAB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,657
Congratulations
__________________


STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.