Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2018, 09:52 PM   #43
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGO View Post
That looks like I4.
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:58 PM   #44
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybeanrice View Post
The main roads are starting to suck here. The state have been working on this roads for years. Sorry for your loss, most insurance companies will total the car out when airbags deploy. Depending on who your insurance carrier is, they will reimburse money for the mods done to the car within 6 months from the accident.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #45
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
was on I-4 in orlando last friday night.have two rock chips in the windshield and ran over a truck tire tread in the dark where the lanes are changed due to construction.my son is in the same situation you are,has a 93 honda del sol that was show ready until some asshat plowed into the drivers side yesterday.needs fender and door but the airbags didnt go off.im guessing if the insurance wont fix it i will be doing it.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:09 PM   #46

Drives: 15 2SS RS 1LE, 18 Sonic LT, Z71
Quote:

The car sat with

RideTech2 coilovers
Moreno camber plates
JDP Stage 2 Anti wheel hop package
-Pegasus solid subframe bushings
-BMR trailing arms w/ outer bushings and toe links
-JDP Rear upper control arm bushings w/ bracket
-Detroit Speed 28mm front sway bar
-Detroit Speed 35mm rear sway bar
Should have left some wheel hop in it if you're going to drive it on the street.
1110110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #47
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Is it worth keeping? I’m sure the value of the car just dropped like a rock, even after repair. I would make sure GM repaired it
Sorry for late response but that just depends on your situation and how the adjuster is willing to work with you. I would say if they have to cut in a new quarter or rear body, ditch it. The quarter underneath the bumper looks pretty far in from that angle, they may not be able to salvage that. Only thing you can do right now is wait and see what they have to say.

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:38 PM   #48
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
was on I-4 in orlando last friday night.have two rock chips in the windshield and ran over a truck tire tread in the dark where the lanes are changed due to construction.my son is in the same situation you are,has a 93 honda del sol that was show ready until some asshat plowed into the drivers side yesterday.needs fender and door but the airbags didnt go off.im guessing if the insurance wont fix it i will be doing it.
the DelSol will probably get totalled out - went through the same thing last year with my low mileage Civic Hatch. My Airbags didn't go off, but they estimated the damage at over $3k. 99.9% of older Hondas are riced out and the Ins co's don't want to give good money.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:12 PM   #49
Soybeanrice

Small Update: Got a call from the adjuster and the camaro is being moved to a body shop for further estimation.

I chose a chevy dealer a couple miles down the street from the towyard. I think the big point of interest is the rear quarter
Old 05-21-2018, 10:48 PM   #50
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Small Update: Got a call from the adjuster and the camaro is being moved to a body shop for further estimation.

I chose a chevy dealer a couple miles down the street from the towyard. I think the big point of interest is the rear quarter
When I helped someone through this process I found it worthwhile to myself talk to that shop evaluating the car. The expert there can point out to you concern areas like how gaps no longer are right and having certain areas bent could mean big problems trying to make it right. That also includes the bill going up significantly as they try to fix it.
BTW this vehicle didn't get a wheel ripped off and only showed a dented fender and bumper cover damage and wheel cocked to the untrained eye including myself.
You might want to read the thread what is my salvage title car worth about values and some of the follow on problems after his car was "repaired" by the previous owner.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:34 PM   #51
ss_redrum

Drives: 2013 LS3 Camaro
Quote:

Any updates?

-Previous Setup- Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, no cats, xpipe, muffler delete, K&N Cold Air Intake, tuned by DynoSteve

Youtube |Instagram
ss_redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #52
redcoats1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
the DelSol will probably get totalled out - went through the same thing last year with my low mileage Civic Hatch. My Airbags didn't go off, but they estimated the damage at over $3k. 99.9% of older Hondas are riced out and the Ins co's don't want to give good money.
if worst comes to worst we are prepared to buy it back and fix it,it has a lifetime trans guarantee.damage has been estimated at $1350.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #53
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
if worst comes to worst we are prepared to buy it back and fix it,it has a lifetime trans guarantee.damage has been estimated at $1350.
Then you are probably good. They estimated my damage at around $3k which was crazy. I had Koni Sport Yellows, MagnaFlow (not a ricer can) SS Exhaust, only 96,xxx miles. It was a great DD
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:20 PM   #54
Soybeanrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_redrum View Post
Any updates?
No update from insurance.

I called the dealership the day after the scheduled tow (from the tow yard) to confirm they had my car. The manager confirmed it arrived and said by eyeing it, he thinks it’s totaled.

The company that did the second tow further damaged the car. From what I could see, the passenger door was fine and now needs replacement and the interior is further damaged. I will be mentioning this to the adjuster next conversation.

As for future thoughts... I’m thinking a Subaru BRZ. Find a way to get my LS3 (if it’s not too too expensive) and then swap it’s FA20. I want to experiment with micro controllers to do all the CAN bus translation. It would be a fun project related to my major.

Immediate goals are to find a beater with AC and decent mpg cause I’m stuck with only my bike right now

Of course if the camaro ends up getting repaired, I'm fine with that too

Also, on monday the FHP officer that did my crash report told me his supervisor forced him to write a ticket. So I got a citation in the mail, which ill be contesting

Edit: Just got home and got his initial report... ~~14k. After the dealership does the supplement I'm thinking its done cause I believe at 20k its over the 80% limit of total loss and this initial report has non oem replacements in it.

Last edited by Soybeanrice; 05-25-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:51 PM   #55
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
update
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:04 AM   #56
redcoats1976

update on the honda,came back from the repair shop yesterday with a new fender and used door,paint match is good as the paint was only a year old.my son is happy and im relieved not to go new (used) car shopping.