Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Driver Window Wont Go Down

I am having a strange issue, When I remove the key from the ignition and open the drivers door the radio does not turn off like usual. In addition to that the drivers window will not go up or down. I can lower the passenger window from either side but no response on the drivers window. Note that when I disconnect the battery for a while and reconnect the car asks me to index the passenger but not the drivers side. As if there is no drivers side!
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
c_LoW29

Any help would be great
Old 06-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
c_LoW29

So I took out the BCM to take a look at it and make sure there was no burn marks or loose solder and it looks perfect inside and out.

I also tried to open the drivers door to see if it turns on the dome light and it is not.

drivers window does not come down and car is still not requesting a re-index of the drivers side, no matter how many times I disconnect the battery.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Have you done any work on the car recently, I ask because as I was adding lights to my rear seats I was attaching them to the carpet, nicked some wires and shorted out some things. Same issue , radio stood on and windows would not work, had to tear it all down , fix the wires and change a fuse
Old 06-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
c_LoW29

Bump checked all fuses and they are fine. I will be purchasing a new switch as its only $9 from the dealer. Any further ideas would help as well.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #6
c_LoW29

Here is an update:

Replaced window switch and the window now works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. Now it is also telling me that the drivers door is open even when it isnt.

I am leaning towards a bad BCM
Old 06-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Since the dome light isn't going on and also you are getting a false door open, check out the door position sensor...little black plunger on the door between the hinges.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #8
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Is the window moving up and down automatically when you open and close the door? Because that is also related to the switch which tells the computer if the door is open or not.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #9
c_LoW29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Is the window moving up and down automatically when you open and close the door? Because that is also related to the switch which tells the computer if the door is open or not.
I think you may be right, I replaced the window motor and it still doesnt work so I am thinking that the door actuator actually tells the car that there is a door there. As of right now the car doesnt even pick up that there is a drivers door connected to the car. If I disconnect the battery and reconnect it only asks me to index the passenger door.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #10
c_LoW29

So after replacing the window motor, door window switch, and door actuator it is still not working. I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday to get the BCM replaced. I dont know what else to look at really. All the wiring is in tact and the window would go down a little bit everytime I disconnected and connected the power to the window motor so I am out of ideas. But the car still doesnt notice when the door is open.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:44 AM   #11
RLBISWHOIB

Drives: 2010 1LT Black Camaro
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I'm going through the same situation now. I was wondering if it really is the BMC or it could be a broken ground wire in the A pillar on the driver side? My driver window will not work, my radio stays on when i get out of the car so i have to hit the power button to turn it off but it still illuminates with the date, my dome light works when it feels like it and my digital speedometer doesn't recognize that my door is open or closed. Please respond asap if you can lol, because i don't want to give any dealership any money if i can help it. Thank you.
RLBISWHOIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #12
J HO

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible (LS3)
I'm also having BCM problems.... Have you guys solved your problems?
LS3, 661 RWHP, Maggie TVS2300, OD Cog, Custom EVI Cam, 80lb Bosch Injectors, Kooks Signature Series Headers, Hi Flow Cats, Roto-Fab CAI, Stainless Retro Chambered Catback, BMR Lowering Springs, EVI Tune
J HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #13
Badmag71

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I'm having the same problem as c-Low29, any updates or fixes?
Old 03-12-2019, 11:25 PM   #14
edmalec13

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Bringing this thread back to life as I am having a very similar issue and interested to know if there is a fix out there before I bring it to the dealership.

Out of the blue I get an alert that the driver side door is open while driving home from work. Open,Close, Open,Close: door at a traffic light, nothing. Still ajar. Tried to lower the window, nothing, although will index when I open and close the door. Weird.

I get home and done research and found a couple of threads out there regarding corrosion and water settlement within the X500 connector as well a possible pinched wire within the harness somewhere. Checked and everything is clean. Further issue is when disconnecting the X500 harness, my window lowered to a point where it will no longer index, (even after trying to reset memory by taking out fuse 26), and stays open about 2 1/2 inches.

So, is it a bad BCM, Sensor with the latch mechanism or any other undetermined factor I am not seeing that someone here can direct me towards? Again, taking her to the dealership this week in the event I cannot locate and fix the issue before m day off.

Any help will be appreciated.
edmalec13 is offline   Reply With Quote