Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
amboy49

Drives: Beginning a search to buy
Synergy decal change

This, perhaps, should be in the synergy thread but I thought would I post here. I have a 2011 Synergy with the factory black hood/trunk/spoiler decals. Obviously a personal preference and individual taste, but my preference are the white decals.

I’m fortunate to have a very talented decal shop near me that I’m confident will do an excellent job removing/replacing old with new. They’ve done work for a friend of mine who does high dollar mustang restoration and he has given them his complete endorsement. I’ve also seen work they do on Indy 500 cars.

I stopped by the shop today and explained what I wanted done. I was given a quote of $600 for removal and replace with white decals. They have the capability to custom cut the new decals at their shop.

I’m not opposed to paying $600 for a first rate job. OTOH, I’ve not tried to research if white decals are available and, if so, what the cost would be. If factory decals in white are available I would still want to pay for professional installation since I don’t want to “practice” on my car having not done something like this before.

The shop owner did ask me what color white I wanted - which hadn’t even occurred to me. He showed me at least 4 samples that were “standard” colors. He said there were additional custom (colors) of white available. Of what he showed me, there was a white with a hint of pearl in it that really popped.

Questions are:

Are factory white decals available ?
If so, estimated cost ?
Did the factory white decals have any pearl tint - or was white just white ?

At this point I’m leaning toward the custom cut decals with the pearl tint. Would welcome any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
amboy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
I'm sure you can find pre-cut stripes in white if you do a little research; but, IMO, $600 to remove the old stripes, cut new stripes and install them is a pretty good deal. I bought stripes for mine and the cost $300, paid another $125 to have them installed (hood & trunk only). Total was $425 and I didn't have stripes to be removed. Paid the same for the stripes for my Corvette, except the stripes also went across the (targa), again didn't have stripes to be removed.

Last edited by Welker2; 09-13-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Welker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #3
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
$600 for a shop to cut an install stripes is a pretty good price. I bought my set for $300 (I think) then paid a shop $200 to install them. My stripes go all the way to the ground which I know added install cost vs just doing the hood and trunk deck.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:47 PM   #4
8balldeluxe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Victory Red
I bought mine on eBay, $59, hood trunk and spoiler, they fit perfectly. Total time to remove and install new 3 hours, and 2 coors breaks.
Speed Engineering Headers w/ Texas Speed HFC's ~ Flowmaster 2 1/2" cat back w/Flowmaster Super 10's ~ Cold Air Inductions Intake w/ Scoop and WW relocate ~ VMAX CNC Spiral PTB ~ Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/Hawk pads ~ ZL1 Spoiler ~ SCTX4 RDP Tuned
8balldeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #5
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
We have a Synergy style stripe kit available - it includes ss scoop, hood and trunk for $139.95 See link below for more information:
https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2010-...y-stripes.html
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote