Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-09-2010, 04:50 AM   #1
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
Question quistion about flowmaster catback for L99

hi gentilmen ,,

i'll change the catback system for my L99 , at this moment i think in Flowmaster.. but i want to know did the sound is too high during driving , i mean inside the car ? because my magnaflow catback is nice for me but it make noise inside during driving..

so ,, any body have in his L99 flowmaster catback , i need info aboute the sound if it's comes inside during driving or not ?
Old 10-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
NewGen

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Send a message via AIM to NewGen Send a message via MSN to NewGen
Wondered the same thing...Did you listen to the MBRP exhaust...as they are made specifically for the A6
Old 10-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
I had the magnaflow comp axle back and now have the Flowmaster AT cat back on my L99. It has a very nice throaty sound at start up and through acceration. It is notloud in the cabin at all. Very easy to carry on a conversation in. Only downside is a little increased drone at first but it diminishes as it wares in or you get used to it. I love the system. The only thing I miss was the 5" tips from the Magnaflow. Hope this helps. You can see my install on powerTV and LSXTV.
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
sub zero

i listened to the many exhaust system , but the sound clips not like reial sound because the sound of the exhaust is changing day by day and you don't know they just installed that time or before months ..
Old 10-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
IMO they all make noise in the cabin while driving. The FlowMaster has a lower tone, but is still very noticeable inside.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
At highway cruise speed I honestly think it is quieter than stock. I can't hear mine at all.....until I get my high flow midpipes that is .
Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #7
sub zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
IMO they all make noise in the cabin while driving. The FlowMaster has a lower tone, but is still very noticeable inside.
but not like my magnaflow 3'' , it hase a huge sound inside the cabin while driving slowly.. i think this catback is good for manual gear
Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
If you do not tune out AFM magnaflow will give you issues....consider corsa if you want cat back..borla if you want axle
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
sub zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
If you do not tune out AFM magnaflow will give you issues....consider corsa if you want cat back..borla if you want axle
yes ,, i know that corsa is best for L99 , but i'm looking to another one with a same quiet sound inside the cabin and cheaper ..
Old 10-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I understand you are....but I am telling you (and I do not have a corsa only from hearing the product and testimony among C5 members) it is worth the extra hundred or so to go corsa, because there are not many brands (if any) that will compare to how quiet in cabin the Corsa is that still offers a great sound to the exterior.....and unfortunately magnaflow or flowmaster won't compare to corsa with that respect. They have great sounds and I love that deeper sound...that is why I told myself "screw it, I'll deal with drone" and went with the borla.

All I am saying is if in cabin sound is your main concern borla, magnaflow and flowmaster aren't your answer, man...
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
sub zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I understand you are....but I am telling you (and I do not have a corsa only from hearing the product and testimony among C5 members) it is worth the extra hundred or so to go corsa, because there are not many brands (if any) that will compare to how quiet in cabin the Corsa is that still offers a great sound to the exterior.....and unfortunately magnaflow or flowmaster won't compare to corsa with that respect. They have great sounds and I love that deeper sound...that is why I told myself "screw it, I'll deal with drone" and went with the borla.

All I am saying is if in cabin sound is your main concern borla, magnaflow and flowmaster aren't your answer, man...
thanks man ... I appreciate your understanding my point.. my friend told my when i was looking for exhaust sys that the corsa is the best in market and the pest of performance and sound , but i didn't listen to him...! it's ok , we are still learning in this life more and more day by day .