Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Your body stores creatine, unlike proteins so getting adequate amounts doesn't mean it needs to be consumed with any special timing. Some sea foods are also good sources of creatine for those that stay away from red meat but a good quality lean red meat has some of the best muscle building capabilities of most foods.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #16
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I love these threads. I used P90x for quite awhile and really loved what it had done for me. But in all honesty Id rather be at the gym. I have been really hitting the weights hard in the last few weeks. Trying to put on some more mass! I use many different supplements, but I really like BSN's products alot.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Hrpii and CFD know their stuff boys! They help out in the weight loss thread!

I've done Insanity and P90X. And just eat clean. Both very good products that yield great results! Now I do a hybrid of P90X/Insanity/TBS by Gilad/Or just what I feel like sweating too that day.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #18
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Hrpii and CFD know their stuff boys!
this!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Hrpii and CFD know their stuff boys! They help out in the weight loss thread!

I've done Insanity and P90X. And just eat clean. Both very good products that yield great results! Now I do a hybrid of P90X/Insanity/TBS by Gilad/Or just what I feel like sweating too that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
this!
Thanks for the vote of confidence for the other posters. I'm always interested in hearing about different folks' routines. I'm liking Insanity and feel that it's great for cardio and absolutely awesome for getting my butt back in gear ready for more. I was going to do p90x but wanted to do the no weight calethenics.

Have any of you done crossfit? That's my goal after insanity, but maybe I should do some p90x first to better build up. The best thing about all this stuff is its all good, you get out what you put in.

I've had the 300 workout on my accomplishment checklist for a while now.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #20
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
I've been hearing a lot about Insanity. I might give it a try-- though I'm a total wuss and generally just make up my own workouts (cardio, weights, etc) so I'd probably DIE doing Insanity. :P

I love pole fitness for workouts-- it's a lot of fun to do with my girls and I learn a few moves that my boyfriend doesn't mind. haha!!

My vice is junk food so I'm just trying to keep a healthy diet going. It's easier now that I have a more consistent schedule.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I have done P90x videos, they were on my laptop but then that broke lol i want to try the insanity

but so far i have lost 105 pounds, the end of april will be 6 months. I have changed my life. I was 305 pounds and was 200 as of last week. My goal by monday is to hit 195. I mainly do cardio and after my school semester I want to start doing more weights and finding the right protein for me. I have been using six star every now and then but i am planning on shakes everyday this summer. i may look towards the ON gold standard for my next purchase, i have only heard good things.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #22
Tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
I've been hearing a lot about Insanity. I might give it a try-- though I'm a total wuss and generally just make up my own workouts (cardio, weights, etc) so I'd probably DIE doing Insanity. :P

I love pole fitness for workouts-- it's a lot of fun to do with my girls and I learn a few moves that my boyfriend doesn't mind. haha!!

My vice is junk food so I'm just trying to keep a healthy diet going. It's easier now that I have a more consistent schedule.
I'm sure there are no complaints about that workout...

With insanity, You'll do just fine. Although if you can find someone to do it with you it might be easier to stay motivated. So far I'm on week two and have only had one workout with someone else that wants to give it a try. I'll admit I push harder when someone else it around. With insanity, even going a moderate pace will get you worked out really good. I like that they make you stretch after the warmup and at the end. So many workouts don't focus on the importance of breathing and stretching properly. Also, keeping good form. In fact they'd rather you go slower and maintain form the. Push too hard and be sloppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
I have done P90x videos, they were on my laptop but then that broke lol i want to try the insanity

but so far i have lost 105 pounds, the end of april will be 6 months. I have changed my life. I was 305 pounds and was 200 as of last week. My goal by monday is to hit 195. I mainly do cardio and after my school semester I want to start doing more weights and finding the right protein for me. I have been using six star every now and then but i am planning on shakes everyday this summer. i may look towards the ON gold standard for my next purchase, i have only heard good things.
That is really great, way to stay focused, that is a serious drop as well.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
Tribute

Kind of random, but I just found this thread. This is a great deal for the whole 13 DVD set. Has some extra workouts for when your done with the program for some new challenges.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216353
Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
Blackou7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Started cutting 8 months ago.. Dropped from 215 to 180 then furthermore to 168. Felt 168 was a little too low, started power lifting 5 months in and have been doing so for 3 months dropped my total body fat % from 15 to 9. My goal is 6%. I currently work on a power lifting/Cardio on off cycle. My cardio cycle consists of a mile run then about 2 hours of pickup basketball full or half court doesnt really matter (Tend to push harder and fight for boards more on half court games) Burn about the same amount of calories

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS low calorie supplements low in sugar high in protein
*******4 week monohydrate supplement... cycle off a week then go back on (Pre workout) Vitaminshop brand (cheap only $20 and works for its purpose)
2 Gallons of water a day
4 servings of ON whey protein (Double chocolate tastes best) 2 after workout 2 before bed with about 3/4 a cup of milk

I went from being a fat @$$ who sat on the couch eating ice cream and playing warcraft. Now I am proud of my shape and I am all ready for beach season. I feel workout supplements help but sheer determination is the key to attaining your workout goals.

I had fat in places that you would never want fat, now I stand at 175 solid I still eat healthy but can cheat without worrying. I workout everyday and work off mostly everything I eat but I do try to eat wisely.

Like stated above you must really want it. You can go to the gym lift weights for 10 minutes leave and trick your mind into saying you had a good workout and go eat some fast food but you would have gained virtually as much as you would sitting in a chair all day eating nothing. YOU MUST WORK TO BE A SUCCESS your body is your temple you must treat it that way. I am not a workout buff where all I eat is fruits and vegetables I still eat wendys and pizza, but i portion what I eat and I work extra hard if I know im going to cheat.

If you really want to get ripped up quick I recommend the Iron Gym. I couldnt do a pull up for my life when I started and had virtually no back/chest muscle. I would do makeshift chin ups 5x10 every day. Work until you get to the wide grip pull ups. I now do all the way wide grip pullups 10x10 every day. It really helps especially before bed and after meals. Helps burn a bit and make yourself feel good about yourself. You will see results with the Iron Gym if you stick to it.
Blackou7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #25
Tribute

2 gallons a day!? Phew that's a lot of water, I'd be running to the bathroom all the time.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #26
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
I've done p90x and insanity in 2011 i started my p90x program at 205lbs i dropped down to 175lbs. I finished the program and all then they decided to change my work schedule. And it messed everything up for me. I gained up to 190 and i have been off and on with insanity and p90x. I need to get back on track only problem is i get off from work at 2am and i sleep till 1pm. then i pick up my kids from school and then i work at 5pm no time my only guess is for me to start working out at 2am.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #27
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I feel as tho this thread should now be merged with the weight loss thread... lol great tips and results
Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #28
Blackou7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The 2 gallons is throughout the day from morning to night. I tend to drink a gallon alone when I'm working out. I wear a shirt and sweatshirt and long sweatpants every time I go to the gym for maximum sweat absorption and I try to burn as much as I can. It sucks because it gets extremely uncomfortable especially when its hot out, but It helps burn that much extra.

When I need a confidence booster I tend to wear a tight shirt or guinea tee this usually helps me push out a few more reps when I'm actually seeing myself lift.

The other gallon is throughout meals and whenever im thirsty.

I dont drink any type of soda/soft drinks so the 2 gallons comes easy

I have 3 staple meals a day and If I find myself craving a late night snack I will make myself a smoothie

Simple recipe, fat free vanilla frozen yogurt, a couple cubes of ice 1 bannana 7 small strawberries and 1/4 cup of skim milk
Blackou7 is offline   Reply With Quote