Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #29
Bo White

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Jealousy has nothing to do with for me. I just stated that it was a LS2 TB in my first post and asked if it ran fine in my second and gave a reason for why I asked. Ive never seen a LS2 calibration run fine on an LS3 or vice-versa. Its always something to investigate when something works for someone and doesnt for alot of other people. Ive also never seen anyone try a 2008 G8 GT TB(assuming thats what it came off of based on the OPs post) on an LS3 car either so that may have something to do with but not sure. Just an idea.
Like Ive told a few that have called me about this thread I didnt mean to kick over an ant bed lol. Just asked a question.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #30
Justin_FMS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 g8 gt 2006 duramax
Not really aimed at you Bo white. More to the others that constantly call bs in everything terry post. The car runs and that's the bottom line.
Justin_FMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #31
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
the LS2 will bolt up and work, but it isnt apples to apples.

at WOT, you should be fine because the blade will open 100% either way. Down low is where guys will run into a probem and its a little unsafe.

The calibration of the internals and ECM scaled tables are differant between the two systems. So, yes the blade opens in a differant direction.

The low end driving is what will be effected and could have surging in traffic issue. you might think your pushing down at 40 percent thottle but your unit might be at 30 percent. OR your pushing down 40 and it thinks 75 percent. The LS3 vehicles have differant MAP tables. actually they have mapping tables in HP Tuners and the LS2 vehicles dont.

Id just be VERY careful in traffic with cars in front of you so you dont have to repaint your front bumper from an unexpected surge because your throttle body mechanics are thinking very differant from your foot.

Save your car and buy a ported LS3 throttle body for easy gains and not down side.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #32
Justin_FMS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 g8 gt 2006 duramax
I bet there is not much considering they have the same ECM. This is an l76 throttle body.
Justin_FMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #33
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Right....my car is running 10.90's & all I did was remove the floor mats.....ask litle88, Jerry, or some others!
Attached Images

Last edited by Smirnoff; 02-18-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #34
JEFF75645

Drives: his wife crazy buying mods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Right....my car is running 10.90's & all I did was remove the floor mats.....ask litle88, Jerry, or some others!
I beleive ya. Afterall I did just read it on the internet.