Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you still use a landline phone in your home?
Yes, but I have wireless too. 59 44.36%
Yes, that is all I use. 7 5.26%
No, I am completely wireless! 67 50.38%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I have a landline and a cell. LL is just so I can get my Internet bundled w/ Dish. May try dish internet soon - options are limited where I live. (and I never give my cell # to anyone but friends & relatives)
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
I had at&t at the last apartment for an isp and I had to have a phone line for the a-dsl crap i was using, and my phone would contently ring with people looking for some guy who was eyebrow deep in debt and I got more than a couple people where were Nasty as hell as soon as I answered the phone. No such problem with the cell I have had the same # for something like 18 years.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #17
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
The land line is the business line and is listed in the business ads and on cards. Then we forward it to our cells during working hours help us seperate work from off time and keeps us from taking after hours calls. I cant remember the last time I picked that phone up though except to clean around the base.
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
What is this "landline" of which you speak? LOL
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #19
quualudes

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE MPP
Magicjack is my landline . Technically it's VoIP, but it allows me to use a normal phone so I don't burn up my mobile minutes sitting on hold, or sitting in conference calls.
quualudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #20
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Verizon for mobils Driod Razr Maxx, Driod Razr
Bellsouth.net for Home Phone and internet
Mediacom for Television

The reason is: each is the best in what we have in South Ga. IMHO

We've heard bad of each and the good of each and made decesions in that.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I'm not tied to a cell phone, leave a message or text and I'll get back to you.

...when I'm at home I have a real phone in various rooms that I never have to charge and a real computer and laptop with a full size screen. My cell stays on vibrate permanently and when I leave the house I may or maynot take my cellphone with me.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #22
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Have to have a landline for my burglar alarm...
Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
The Verizon guy gets to my place and says "Can ya hear me now? Hello? Hello?" No cell service here in good ol' Elk, WA so yes I still have a land line. In fact, my regular land line phone just died so I actually have an old rotary dial phone hooked up for now.
I'm not a real "phoney" person though, I buy $15.00 worth of minutes a month for my cell phone and have never used them all up before the month is through.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #24
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
I still have my home phone through Comcast. I have no need for a personal cell phone (I do have Onstar) . I use a cell phone provided by my company for work. Once I am home it goes on the charger , and I don't touch it until the day I work. I don't ever see me getting rid on my home phone, while I am alive .
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #25
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
The Verizon guy gets to my place and says "Can ya hear me now? Hello? Hello?" No cell service here in good ol' Elk, WA so yes I still have a land line. In fact, my regular land line phone just died so I actually have an old rotary dial phone hooked up for now.
I'm not a real "phoney" person though, I buy $15.00 worth of minutes a month for my cell phone and have never used them all up before the month is through.
same here, I have a land line because of the verizon guy, we all have cell phones & we have at&t for cell phone, which has a small thing called a Microcell tower, so when we have power (a dog farts out here in the winter time & we lose power lol) we have full cell service.

but the land line we have to have because of where I work at.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #26
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
I only use the house phone for taking messages and give the number out so I dont get spammed on the cell.
but ATT has steadily raised it every year to now the house phone is over $30 per month ugghhh.
my kid is almost 30 and never had a landline, I may do the same this.

There is some service called magic jack... I think it's only 20 a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
It might good to have if you sell the house. The buyer like to have a land line wired.
Good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm not tied to a cell phone, leave a message or text and I'll get back to you.

...when I'm at home I have a real phone in various rooms that I never have to charge and a real computer and laptop with a full size screen. My cell stays on vibrate permanently and when I leave the house I may or maynot take my cellphone with me.
What! Leave home with out a cell phone... How do you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
What is this "landline" of which you speak? LOL
Old 12-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
We had a power outage a few years ago for several days. Cell towers went down when their batteries went out. I have to drive 2 miles to get a signal. No internet due to cable being out, and no power anyway. Good ol' land line never lost a dial tone. We keep an analog (non-cordless) phone in the house just because of this. Yes, it costs extra to keep, but it's handy having it when everything else is out.

Also, I hate giving my cell phone number out. Very few people need 24x7 access to me. I want to keep it that way. I think 10 people total have my cell phone number.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:31 AM   #28
bryangreene3

Drives: Telsa 3
I like the idea of an emergency line that “knows” exactly where I am if I use it.

I also like the fact that the power to run that line (20ma current loop) comes from the phone company and is backed up with batteries (I hope so still?!)

I am not talking about a VoIP landline, I am talking about the ‘old’ technology called POTS.
bryangreene3 is offline   Reply With Quote