Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Bowling Green again?
Yes for 2016 153 65.38%
Out West or somewhere else 1st 81 34.62%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #43
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Any place that has a track similar to NCM track gets 2 thumbs up from me. That was by far the most fun I have had with my car to date!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #44
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
Bowling green would be awesome again considering it is just down the road for me. I just wish it wasnt the same weekend as the streetrod nationals in louisville. I had to split my time up between both events this year so i couldnt participate in anything.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #45
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I think doing any track two years in a row is tedious. We can return to BG in two years. It's time to give the west coast a chance. Hopefully they show up in numbers.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #46
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
NO to BG

I remember when it was Twice in INDY everybody from the SOUTH pouted and didn't show. So I vote no to a 2nd Bowling Green. Lets try Montana we should have some cool air up that way LOL And no speed limits there I hear

www.billingsmotorsportspark.com/

Last edited by skipinminn; 08-14-2015 at 08:58 PM. Reason: :)
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #47
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2015, 10:09 PM   #48
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
I remember when it was Twice in INDY everybody from the SOUTH pouted and didn't show. So I vote no to a 2nd Bowling Green. Lets try Montana we should have some cool air up that way LOL And no speed limits there I hear

www.billingsmotorsportspark.com/
Winged sprint cars! I'd be all over that! But BG was awesome..

Isn't BMP a dirt track?

Arroyo Seca in New Mexico has drag and road courses...

http://www.arroyosecoraceway.com/

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 08-14-2015 at 10:30 PM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #49
vja 2014 zl1

Drives: 2018 Triple Black ZL1 A10
Bowling Green was my first Fest and I enjoyed all the people and looking at all the different car modifications but I would like to go somewhere different just to go somewhere different. I like BG and next time I'm in the area if possible I'd like to tour a distillery. Not enough time this year. I plan to be wherever it is.
vja 2014 zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:35 PM   #50
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
It was my 1st fest and definitely would go back next year.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:08 PM   #51
bowtieracer

Drives: 2012 rs camaro
bowling green was a good location and track was better on Saturday and I would go again I suggest the folks from Camaro 5 check out no problem raceway in bell rose Louisiana 1320 feet of concrete full size road course plenty of paved pit area and the track has real bite and the owners would be interested holding a event there. hold the event a little later in the year sept or oct to beat the heat and the air and altitude would be great for some fast times the nhra holds a div 4 race ever year and its about a hour from new Orleans and who better to throw a party than new orleans
bowtieracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:29 PM   #52
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
I loved Bowling Green. NCM was awesome, even in the rain. And the set up at Beech Bend could easily be tweaked to work much better. The attractions, restaurants, and just general closeness to lots of other things was wonderful. However part of the draw of fest for me is the new different places to visit. Like Milk said I have no problem coming back to BG in a year or two but lets have some other places thrown in. Lets go out west somewhere, Phoenix, or somewhere else we haven't been. Just my opinion, that's why I voted to have it somewhere else.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:43 AM   #53
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Bowling Green is great and really convenient for me but lets see something else next year.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:46 AM   #54
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vja 2014 zl1 View Post
Bowling Green was my first Fest and I enjoyed all the people and looking at all the different car modifications but I would like to go somewhere different just to go somewhere different. I like BG and next time I'm in the area if possible I'd like to tour a distillery. Not enough time this year. I plan to be wherever it is.
For those of you who might not know, KY has a "Bourbon Trail" that consists of touring several distillery's throughout the state. I highly recommend it, most of them have a lot of history and the grounds and scenery are very, very nice.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #55
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
As long as were talking... How about two fests each year with the addition of a vendor, racer, family, and weather friendly Camaro SuperFest to draw the big crowds every second year. One event each year in the east and one event each year in the west spaced 3-6 months apart. The annual events can move around and the every-two-years big one is held somewhere near the middle. Drag racing, car show and autocross are the prime attractions with road racing a location bonus. People with the time and money can attend all events even if they fly in and beat the tar out of a rental Camaro. Mike Lee would quit his day job to run it full time, get paid a buttload of money to compensate for the stress and have several slightly less well paid minions to make it work. As long as Becky keeps selling more Camaro's than people wreck, the target population will continue to grow over the next decade and support the expansion. As one of my former bosses told me, "It's your fantasy Jack, make it as big as you want".
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #56
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post
As long as were talking... How about two fests each year with the addition of a vendor, racer, family, and weather friendly Camaro SuperFest to draw the big crowds every second year. One event each year in the east and one event each year in the west spaced 3-6 months apart. The annual events can move around and the every-two-years big one is held somewhere near the middle. Drag racing, car show and autocross are the prime attractions with road racing a location bonus. People with the time and money can attend all events even if they fly in and beat the tar out of a rental Camaro. Mike Lee would quit his day job to run it full time, get paid a buttload of money to compensate for the stress and have several slightly less well paid minions to make it work. As long as Becky keeps selling more Camaro's than people wreck, the target population will continue to grow over the next decade and support the expansion. As one of my former bosses told me, "It's your fantasy Jack, make it as big as you want".
^^^I'd rather have 2 day jobs..