Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
BaldCamaroStud
Camaro Owner & Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Dialing Failed with HTC One M8 and MyLink

I have an HTC One M8 paired with my 2013 SS with MyLink/Nav. I am unable to use voice commands to dial. For example if I say "Call so and so on mobile", it will try to execute the command but then say "dialing failed".

I can make calls every other way. I tend to switch phones often, but this is the first time I've run into this issue. Does anyone else that has an HTC One M8 paired to their car have this too?

As a side note I've tried this with the AT&T version and the Sprint version of the M8.

Last edited by BaldCamaroStud; 07-29-2014 at 05:41 PM.
BaldCamaroStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
GriffJ

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #1165
I have my HTC One M8 paired to MyLink/Nav and it works as expected with voice dialing.
GriffJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
JasonsEpicLife

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
I have a M8 but not mylink, I have noticed tho when I use VC from the phone it just says "Thank you" and returns back to normal. I work for att and I havent had any customers with this issue...yet. do you know if the mylink is trying to use the factory VC on the M8 or the OK Google VC?
JasonsEpicLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
k818mn1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS, Garnet Red
I had the same issue with my HTC One M7 and Mylink. It only started happening when I updated the Android OS on my phone to KitKat. The solution is to delete all special characters such as ()- from all your contact phone numbers, leaving only the digits. Then unpair and repair your phone with Mylink and allow it to reload all your contacts. That fixed it for me.
I'm not sure why it works, but Android KitKat messed with the bluetooth interface somehow and Mylink doesn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldCamaroStud View Post
I have an HTC One M8 paired with my 2013 SS with MyLink/Nav. I am unable to use voice commands to dial. For example if I say "Call so and so on mobile", it will try to execute the command but then say "dialing failed".

I can make calls every other way. I tend to switch phones often, but this is the first time I've run into this issue. Does anyone else that has an HTC One M8 paired to their car have this too?

As a side note I've tried this with the AT&T version and the Sprint version of the M8.
k818mn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:23 AM   #5
BaldCamaroStud

Good info to know. But as I said in the OP, I change phones frequently LOL. I have an LG G3 now... Since mine's not my daily driver, I'll try it again this weekend, but not expecting any issues.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #6
BaldCamaroStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsEpicLife View Post
I have a M8 but not mylink, I have noticed tho when I use VC from the phone it just says "Thank you" and returns back to normal. I work for att and I havent had any customers with this issue...yet. do you know if the mylink is trying to use the factory VC on the M8 or the OK Google VC?
If I was a betting man I would say it's trying to use the factory VC. Since the only way to activate the Google VC by voice is by saying "Ok Google"...?

On a slightly different topic, I had found that the Car app works okay with my setup. It was able to read texts to me and give me the chance to voice reply but it was very spotty.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #7
JasonsEpicLife

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Car app?
JasonsEpicLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #8
BaldCamaroStud

some versions of the m8 have an app that's just labelled car
Old 10-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
2014rs/ss

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS-RS
This may be an associated problem with the m8/MyLink. I like using Pandora via Bluetooth. It keeps dropping the connection. Says network appears to be unavailable. My phone works fine in my truck playing Pandora through an auxiliary cable. So I know it's not a problem with 4g connection. Is the issue with the M8 and kit Kat? Or is the issue with the MyLink system? frustrating!
2014rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote