Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #141
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
At the rate your truck has been progressing it'll be featured before it's actually done.
Now that ain't EVEN funny....

Yea I guess " Things happen" . I know he is real nervous now since it is so close to being finished, worried about someone scratching it, something getting messed up etc....plus all the liability he is fixing to take on once I do get it.

From what I am being told by the inspectors is that it sounds extremely good, kinda loud though ( GOOD ) but they understand what needs to be done and feel like it is moving at a good pace so

Guess it is like I said before...waiting on a Camaro but I realize that no matter how much I try to rush, fuss or whatever , It will get done when it gets done......:( But hopefully when I get it I will be like and and
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #142
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I've done shit like that so many times I can't even count. I sat in my Camaro a few weeks ago wondering why the heck it wouldn't go into gear and even took the shifter off to see if it was engaging the safety like it is supposed to.

After about 10 minutes of this I realized I had started my car with the remote start, and got in but forgot to put the key in the ignition.

I did that in Maria's Cruze. It was dark too, I was ready to call the dealer! No lights, no radio nuttin'. But it ran well....

It'll get there John! Hang on brother
Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #143
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

More updates. It has rained everyday this week so no road test are being done, maybe by the end of the week the weather will break so they can do the road tests.

They are doing some minor little things right now...the few little parts that I needed came in and are being put on now.....the instrument panel LED's are in and the panel braces are on. They are doing the last bit of wiring in the cab for the stereo and starting on the rest of the interior and that won't take too long......other than that is miles and touch up paint/clean up....SO hopefully the rain will go away for a little bit.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #144
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Hopefully they can do the touch up before the raod test if they get it done. Best of luck!
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #145
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Old 09-23-2011, 05:58 AM   #146
garcmol

Hopin' for some good news this Friday a.m.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #147
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Hopin' for some good news this Friday a.m.
Me too........The weather has sucked big time and rained everyday this week so I know not alot of driving has been done. From whar I understand they are going ahead and installing the interior, painting some spots that need touched up.

They told me that yesterday afternoon that they were going to change the oil again.....So it looks like about 30 miles have been put on it, based on the engine break-in procedures.

I am sure that there are little thigs still to be done, tedious little things but hopefully nothing major. I know they wanted to put at least a couple hundred miles on it before I would be able to get it....BUT with this weather that is proving to be hard.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #148
garcmol

We've actually had sun today. Been awhile now.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #149
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Talked with the shop a little bit ago....the weather has seemed to break for a couple of days.

Pretty much everything that can be done is done except the touch ups and the interior. They want to wait for the interior until they are sure that nothing is wrong electrically and mechanically. They want to put the carpet and things in one time and I understand that. Plus they want to do the final touch ups and buffing ONCE.

The motor break in guide from GM stated to do certain things and change the oil at 30 miles.....Then drive it 500 miles doing certain things, limiting certain rpms, no WOT throttle starts etc... and I am sure that the rear end and transmission have their own things that must be done.....Hopefully it will get driven this weekend and will know more on Monday.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #150
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Shoulda put a Cummins in it and really made it one of a kind.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #151
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #152
garcmol

Old 09-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #153
garcmol

Found out that the transmission sort of went kabluee while at the shop. Not shrapnel mess, but it will have to be rebuilt. The manufacturer is taking care of that at no cost. Sweet! Seems the tranny kept going in and out of overdrive and that raised an eyebrow.

Drawback will be that it's going to take a little time. It's at the shop the manufacturer said would do the repair and hopefully will be built today or tomorrow. Then back to the builder and back in the truck.

Seems no other problems have surfaced.

John's on his way to Gainesville to watch the Tide play!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #154
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Yepper back from Gainsville wher the Tide dominated Florida.....Florida is classless but that is another story.

Got a call on Thursday evening and the tranny was not working properly. Kept shifting in and out of overdrive. It is a 700R4....TCI Street fighter built for 600 hp. It may be because it has sat up for awhile before being used, so it could be some stuck valves, leaking clutch pack or ??????? Luckily for the shop TCI is going to take care of it since it was out of warranty by virtue of time not use and since the shop uses TCI alot they took care of it. They pulled it out Friday night and it is supposed to be back today. Everything else worked great on the drivability test so while they were/are waiting on the tranny they are buttoning up the final items.