Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Driveline rattle solved....tune void warranty?

I was able to find a dealer who could diagnose my rattle issue. It ended up being the drive shaft bearing. They dont have the part to fix right away but the service tech told me that my tune has voided out the warranty. He didnt red flag my car but was saying how its a toss up how to decide if the tune after my LT would make my warranty cover nothing om the drive train.

I get that a tune can void warranties for many things but the bearing in the drive shaft?? I didnt argue on it yet because they arent doing work today but I want to know if I should take it somewhere else or if he is right saying my warranty is now completely voided out.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
They would have to prove the tune screwed the drive shaft up. Which I dont ever see that happening. Fight it till youre blue in the face!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Yeah I may have to go that route. They are scared to file it under warranty because they said GM might see that the computer is flashed and theyd have to pay for it. Im going to check with another dealer who I know most of the guys there race their cars and see what they say. Heck..the sales manager at this other dealership does most of the tuning. So we'll see
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote