Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2021, 08:58 AM   #1
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Waking the Beast

So i was finally able to take her out for the first time this year. It's been about 5 months. She needed a new battery, stone cold dead wouldn't take a charge. I knew it was getting time for a new one anyway it was the original. Didn't buy one from GM since it was the weekend and i wanted to get it running asap. Die hard gold it is. Fired right up scaring small children within a half mile radius. Took her out warmed her up and then steadily applied that go pedal until traction ceased to exist in first, shift repeat, shift to 3rd and firmly plant that pedal to the floor.. 70 degrees was enough for full power to be applied in 3rd and get a feel for the gforces. They always feel faster after months of downtime. What a rush. As i'm approaching the top of third i notice my afr pegged lean... shit let off. Goes Back too normal. Panic sets in. Hit boost a couple more times watching intently. Guage drops to 11.4ish for about a then immediately pegs lean, let off goes back to normal. I assume the sensor is bad since it was running exactly the same as it always had, didn't blow up..no pops backfires or loss of power. I drive it home without boost call Ted, he confirms sensor must be done, no way it would be running the way it is if the sensor reading was true.
On another note it amazes me the attention this car gets. Between every other side on the corner doing the exaggerated "spin em up" motion, the guy at the gas station asking if it's as fast as it sounds. The guy behind me at the stop light telling his gf to record me, guy at walmart saying nice car! advanced auto same thing. Guy stopped next to me at the stop light, "sounds awesome brother". All in an hour of driving. It amazes me.. too bad its 90% dudes! My gf always makes fun of me for that.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1

Did these guys come up to you at Walmart and say that thing is a Dude Magnet
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:41 AM   #3
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
So i was finally able to take her out for the first time this year. It's been about 5 months. She needed a new battery, stone cold dead wouldn't take a charge. I knew it was getting time for a new one anyway it was the original. Didn't buy one from GM since it was the weekend and i wanted to get it running asap. Die hard gold it is. Fired right up scaring small children within a half mile radius. Took her out warmed her up and then steadily applied that go pedal until traction ceased to exist in first, shift repeat, shift to 3rd and firmly plant that pedal to the floor.. 70 degrees was enough for full power to be applied in 3rd and get a feel for the gforces. They always feel faster after months of downtime. What a rush. As i'm approaching the top of third i notice my afr pegged lean... shit let off. Goes Back too normal. Panic sets in. Hit boost a couple more times watching intently. Guage drops to 11.4ish for about a then immediately pegs lean, let off goes back to normal. I assume the sensor is bad since it was running exactly the same as it always had, didn't blow up..no pops backfires or loss of power. I drive it home without boost call Ted, he confirms sensor must be done, no way it would be running the way it is if the sensor reading was true.
On another note it amazes me the attention this car gets. Between every other side on the corner doing the exaggerated "spin em up" motion, the guy at the gas station asking if it's as fast as it sounds. The guy behind me at the stop light telling his gf to record me, guy at walmart saying nice car! advanced auto same thing. Guy stopped next to me at the stop light, "sounds awesome brother". All in an hour of driving. It amazes me.. too bad its 90% dudes! My gf always makes fun of me for that.
Thats awesome!!
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:49 AM   #4
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Nice 5th gens that are modded are few and the ones that are get a lot of attention. I have busted people plenty of times recording my car when I’m driving or pulling up next to me and say something. The look the sound and the way these paint shines when taking care of gets lots of attention.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #5
11-Camaro

Drives: 11 Camaro SS, Ninja 1000, Santa Fe
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
Thats awesome!!

It is crazy how folks just love to comment on these cars.
11 Camaro TT SS. 14 1LE motor, full coilover, CNC ported LSA heads, stainless valves, dual springs, Comp 224 cam, Melling oil pump, AGP Garrett GTX30r's, 1400cc injectors, full 3" Magnaflow, dual Walbro 450lph fuel pump, ZL1 6L90 trans, trans cooler, Circle-D 3600, 3.91:1 Eaton Truetrac, line lock, Lingenfelter 2 step. Current boost - e85 814 RWHP.
11-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:54 PM   #6
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Its never going to lose that draw from people. Its the last true muscle car Chevy made. The look...fat ass..great lines and looking thick as hell from all angles is classic. Its funny when 6th gen guys in plain SS Camaros say people always comnent on their cars..unless your in a 1le or Zl1 the 6th gen SShas zero road presence. Enjoy the 5th gen style...you wont see it again.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:11 PM   #7
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Nice but we need pics or it didn't happen
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:10 PM   #8
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
Nice 5th gens that are modded are few and the ones that are get a lot of attention. I have busted people plenty of times recording my car when I’m driving or pulling up next to me and say something. The look the sound and the way these paint shines when taking care of gets lots of attention.
Same here. Like I said in the past, I literally can not go anywhere without drawing a crowd. I dont dislike it haha
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
Old 03-26-2021, 09:11 PM   #9
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Welcome back to the party green. These cars are d**k magnets. Not as big of a d**k magnet as a Supra or GTR, but enough. Lol
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:12 PM   #10
Odox

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
I'm sorry, I read "Wanking the Beast" lmao
Odox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:55 AM   #11
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Its never going to lose that draw from people. Its the last true muscle car Chevy made. The look...fat ass..great lines and looking thick as hell from all angles is classic. Its funny when 6th gen guys in plain SS Camaros say people always comnent on their cars..unless your in a 1le or Zl1 the 6th gen SShas zero road presence. Enjoy the 5th gen style...you wont see it again.
This is so true. The 5th just has everything that Modernmusclecar mentions here. There's just something missing from the 6th Gen look wise. The fat ass and shoulders just give the Gen 5 it's great lines. I like the "gills" too.
BTW, it wasn't in an hour but I got the "car compliment" three times in one day this week from a dude, a chick and a crowd of high school kids. No discrimination here,.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:47 AM   #12
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
it's about a 10-1 ratio. I have for sure had some drooling ladies as well but far and few between.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #13
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
it's about a 10-1 ratio. I have for sure had some drooling ladies as well but far and few between.
lol, same here. Mostly dudes, but the attention is still fun. Honestly, I think my car scares most chicks lol
Old 03-29-2021, 11:03 AM   #14
Tool131

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
NEED VIDEO!
2010 2SS M6, Procharger, 8 rib, 12lbs, E85, Holley intake W/ fuel rails, TSP Blower cam 229/242 w/springs, Harden pushrod, FIC injectors, DSX Aux. fuel, Kooks long tube headers, xpipe, no cats, Mcleod twin disc, G Force Axles, DSS aluminum drive shaft, Detroit Trutrac, LPW dif cover w/BMR bushings, BMR Toe rods and Trailing arms, 5 Stars, M.T. E/T Streets, Hurst short throw, Mighty Mouse catch can, 702 WHP on Mustang Dyno 10.7 1/4 Mile
Tool131 is offline   Reply With Quote