Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #1541
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
I'm a service advisor at a Chevy dealership, I'm NOT a truck guy AT ALL but the new Colorado is an absolute home run. They're absolutely going to dominate the mid sized truck segment for years to come.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #1542
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
The Colorado diesel goes on sale this fall, offered in LT and Z71 Crew Cab models, with 2WD or 4WD. Pricing for the diesel engine option is $3,730 more than a comparably equipped 3.6L V-6 model.

This part of the article i dont like at all. So you cannot get a Ext cab Diesel Way to go GM to give less options for people to buy the diesel thanks for being greedy again. I dont want nor do like crew cab Pick ups and dont need crew cab so well i wont be buying a Diesel Colorado at all ever if its always A crew cab version that only gets it.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #1543
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
You can get an Extended Cab diesel as long as you're good enough friends with your dealer's fleet manager.

Government can order one.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #1544
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
I sat in a diesel Colorado at the Find New Roads Trip and then went to a Toyota dealer and sat in the new Tacoma. The Tacoma's seating position is terrible compared to the Chevy. The seat sits way to low yet the head room is not there.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #1545
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
I sat in a diesel Colorado at the Find New Roads Trip and then went to a Toyota dealer and sat in the new Tacoma. The Tacoma's seating position is terrible compared to the Chevy. The seat sits way to low yet the head room is not there.
Thats an odd combination for something that doesn't have the 'high beltline/chopped top' look.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:04 PM   #1546
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Thats an odd combination for something that doesn't have the 'high beltline/chopped top' look.
So true. I have an 08 Tundra which has awesome interior room and is very comfortable. The only downside is the gas mileage is pathetic although I love the power. I was considering downsizing a bit with the new Tacoma but was very disappointed in it. The diesel Colorado maybe the way to go.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #1547
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
The diesel looks like a sweet gig but being that it's a full 3 seconds slower 0-60 than the 3.6L V6, that's just too gutless for me. I spent about an hour borrowing a Z71 4WD Colorado from the dealer and it's a wonderful 'little' truck and the performance is fair as well, but given the towing I do (5x10 utility trailer a couple times a year) I'd be more likely to settle for the gasser over the diesel and their oh so reliable emissions systems. I'll just take the cut in torque.

Heck, the biggest question for me is do I want the All Terrain GMC or the Z71 Chevrolet...
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:41 AM   #1548
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
I have not been in the new Tacoma but I know what you are talking about. The seats in the Tacoma have always had a car like position where the seats are on the floor and your feet are more out in front of you.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #1549
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
The diesel looks like a sweet gig but being that it's a full 3 seconds slower 0-60 than the 3.6L V6, that's just too gutless for me. I spent about an hour borrowing a Z71 4WD Colorado from the dealer and it's a wonderful 'little' truck and the performance is fair as well, but given the towing I do (5x10 utility trailer a couple times a year) I'd be more likely to settle for the gasser over the diesel and their oh so reliable emissions systems. I'll just take the cut in torque.

Heck, the biggest question for me is do I want the All Terrain GMC or the Z71 Chevrolet...
You realize the EPA specifically issued certificates of compliance for the Duramax Colorado...?
Old 11-16-2015, 11:51 PM   #1550
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Motor Trend Truck of the Year: Colorado Diesel

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...k-of-the-year/
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:43 AM   #1551
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I just wouldn't be able to wrap my head around it spending more for less.

True I agree I don't need a full size either. They are close to the size and power which brings me to my next point

They aren't much smaller than a full size. A colorado Crew Cab is 225" long, a Silverado double Cab is 230" only 5 inches longer, and the full size only 6 inches wider. If I lived in the city yeah that would be a bigger deal. I don't live in the city so that isn't a concern. But the full size is only 5" longer and only 6" wider. That to me isn't a huge difference in size.
...and this is why the price is comparable. There are luxuries to be had with the smaller truck. One simply being "it fits", and you can afford to get ALL the bells and whistles. Try that on the Silverado and see what the price is.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:11 AM   #1552
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
...and this is why the price is comparable. There are luxuries to be had with the smaller truck. One simply being "it fits", and you can afford to get ALL the bells and whistles. Try that on the Silverado and see what the price is.
It works for some people and that is great. For me I just can't see paying more for a slightly smaller less capable vehicle.

To me that is like paying more for 55" inch TV that doesn't have as good of picture quality when you can get the 60" with better picture for less.

As I have said before, when the rebates hit the midsize trucks more it would make more sense to me. And the rebates are already getting bigger. But when I can get a full size with all the features I want for less why would I get the midsize?

The prices are only comparable when you factor in the rebates which is where my argument is coming from. If trucks didnt have super steep rebates I would be in line to get a Colorado. But when I can go to my local chevy dealer and get 10K off the window sticker and make a 45K truck a 35K truck that makes the decision to spend 36 on the midsize a little tougher when its size isn't a factor for me
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #1553
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You realize the EPA specifically issued certificates of compliance for the Duramax Colorado...?
What's that have to do with urea emission systems on néw diesels? I work around modern diesel trucks all day. Don't want the added crap they put on them. More headaches down the road for a slow truck with a mark up. Just not my cup o tea. If it fits someone else though, fine by me
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:10 AM   #1554
FenwickHockey65

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/h...19-tardec.html

Chevrolet Colorado - Available in gas, diesel, and hydrogen?