Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-24-2018, 01:14 AM   #29
LHRxDeadx

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
On mine, I replaced all bushings when I decided to track. I don’t drag anymore but, I would ck the stock knuckle bushings right away — those have been known to cause a vibration. Jack up the rear, grab the tire and rock up/down — should have no play. Any play, take the tire off and inspect the knuckle then the hub.

After that I would ck the diff bushings, cradle, trans mount, engine, trailing arm bushings, upper control arm bushings, and shock tower bushings.

-Don
actually right after ls fest i replaced everything with BMR stuff lower control arm, trailing, toe rod end. new trans mount.

i just checked the cradle bushings this morning looks good engine mounts good.

i will check diff bushings tomorrow i forgot to today and will check the knuckle too
LHRxDeadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:16 AM   #30
LHRxDeadx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Have you had the the runout checked on the rear diff pinion flange?
no i have not
Old 08-24-2018, 03:37 PM   #31
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHRxDeadx View Post
no i have not
Something about the flange bolts being loose is bothering me. I had a Yukon with a bent yoke once that was awful around 80 mph. That was a hard one to diagnose for the customer. A ring gear can cause a nasty vibration roughly those speeds as well. To me it sounds like a differentiaI concern. With an oscilloscope a good GM tech should be able to isolate the source. We have access to a nice new device and program at every dealership for just such problems, but not many of us are trained how to use it properly. Find a dealership with a World Class tech and it's a good chance they will locate the source.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:05 AM   #32
LHRxDeadx

Quote:
Something about the flange bolts being loose is bothering me. I had a Yukon with a bent yoke once that was awful around 80 mph. That was a hard one to diagnose for the customer. A ring gear can cause a nasty vibration roughly those speeds as well. To me it sounds like a differentiaI concern. With an oscilloscope a good GM tech should be able to isolate the source. We have access to a nice new device and program at every dealership for just such problems, but not many of us are trained how to use it properly. Find a dealership with a World Class tech and it's a good chance they will locate the source.
differential is what im also leaning to as well. ill be getting a zl1 rear end this winter so i really didn't want to pull this one now and find surprises lol
Old 08-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #33
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:

I'm going through this myself right now they used the pico meter on my car & it found some tire issues including a bent rear rim but also a vibe that seems to coincide with driveshaft speed or something. I have a report kind of on my bill but it doesn't mean much to me. They basically said replace the rear wheel and have the wheels okay (they were just road forced today) before going further into the car. Basically my floor and steering wheel vibrate when I come onto the car hard at higher speeds (50 & up I'd say)
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:46 PM   #34
JerTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
I'm going through this myself right now they used the pico meter on my car & it found some tire issues including a bent rear rim but also a vibe that seems to coincide with driveshaft speed or something. I have a report kind of on my bill but it doesn't mean much to me. They basically said replace the rear wheel and have the wheels okay (they were just road forced today) before going further into the car. Basically my floor and steering wheel vibrate when I come onto the car hard at higher speeds (50 & up I'd say)
If it's a prop 1 then it's something turning at the speed of the driveshaft. Trans output shaft, driveline, diff pinion. You can e-mailed me a .PDF of the findings and I will take a look at them if you would like. sithdragon@yahoo.com
Old 08-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #35
JerTM

Quote:
differential is what im also leaning to as well. ill be getting a zl1 rear end this winter so i really didn't want to pull this one now and find surprises lol
I don't blame you at all. But out of curiosity when you take it out would you be willing to break it down and take pictures for us?
Old 08-30-2018, 01:10 AM   #36
LHRxDeadx

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
i have recently felt it alot more in my steering wheel as well. my tires where road forced balanced 3 times only one has a slight problem but they said nothing that would make the car vibrate as much as its doing it
Old 08-30-2018, 01:12 AM   #37
LHRxDeadx

Quote:
I don't blame you at all. But out of curiosity when you take it out would you be willing to break it down and take pictures for us?
I will for sure. something that i just started to notice is when i take off excessively im starting to hear a clunk like two metal pieces hitting i wonder if its part of my problem because vibration also got worse now
Old 08-30-2018, 07:59 AM   #38
JerTM

Quote:
I will for sure. something that i just started to notice is when i take off excessively im starting to hear a clunk like two metal pieces hitting i wonder if its part of my problem because vibration also got worse now
We need a list of parts you've replaced in the original post lol. But have you checked the differentiaI bushings?
Old 08-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #39
LHRxDeadx

Quote:
We need a list of parts you've replaced in the original post lol. But have you checked the differentiaI bushings?
yea ill update that. and they look fine but i think you where the one who posted some pictures when they dropped the diff and where bad. one has a small crack in the outside but its hard to tell
Old 08-30-2018, 01:55 PM   #40
JerTM

Quote:
yea ill update that. and they look fine but i think you where the one who posted some pictures when they dropped the diff and where bad. one has a small crack in the outside but its hard to tell
Thankfully I haven't had a rear diff out of a Camaro, yet lol. Get it in the air and use your hands to push up and down on the front of the differential, there should be minimal to no play in a vertical plane. Out of curiosity, where in Utah are you from?
Old 08-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #41
LHRxDeadx

Quote:
Thankfully I haven't had a rear diff out of a Camaro, yet lol. Get it in the air and use your hands to push up and down on the front of the differential, there should be minimal to no play in a vertical plane. Out of curiosity, where in Utah are you from?
from logan utah what about you
Old 08-30-2018, 03:14 PM   #42
JerTM

Quote:
from logan utah what about you
Heber, that would explain why I've never seen your car. Sharp ride.