Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Lower grill options?

What have you guys done for your lower grill?

Thinking at least paint it gloss black, but wondering what other options you guys have done?

I’ve seen the street scene ducts which are pretty cool.

Post them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 05:57 AM   #2
Gonzo SS

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
I love my Street Scene lower grill and ducts.
Attached Images

Gonzo SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
TwentyTen2SSRS

They have their own lower grill? I thought it was just the ducts that you modified into stock lower grill.

Good to know! Looks great!

Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 08-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #4
TwentyTen2SSRS

Any chance you have a link?

I’ve see prices all over the place.

I have a guy local who has just the ducts, I can’t find just the lower grill rat has cut its fornfi ya anywhere?

Also, does this new grill go OVER existing OEM lower grill? Or replace it?

Old 08-25-2018, 02:49 PM   #5
Gonzo SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
Any chance you have a link?

I’ve see prices all over the place.

I have a guy local who has just the ducts, I can’t find just the lower grill rat has cut its fornfi ya anywhere?

Also, does this new grill go OVER existing OEM lower grill? Or replace it?

It's aluminum and replaces the lower grill. Can't remember where I got it, but I'll find out and post a link.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 08-25-2018, 03:25 PM   #6
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo SS View Post
It's aluminum and replaces the lower grill. Can't remember where I got it, but I'll find out and post a link.

Oh great! That’s what I was hoping for just have seen and read mixed things.

I really appreciate it. Your car looks great btw!

Old 08-25-2018, 07:07 PM   #7
Arkangel-77

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
interesting!
Old 08-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #8
Gonzo SS

Quote:

Thanks, I appreciate it! I got it from JC Whitney. If you get on their mailing list they send coupons a lot. Here's a 15% off one that ends tomorrow: JCWPR5TT

Old 08-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #9
Gonzo SS

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate it! I got it from JC Whitney. If you get on their mailing list they send coupons a lot. Here's a 15% off one that ends tomorrow: JCWPR5TT
Sorry, forgot the link: https://www.jcwhitney.com/details/St....html#plpslot1

Old 08-26-2018, 12:14 AM   #10
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:

Thank you!

Literally just ordered and code saved me like $40! $206 shipped for whole kit grill and ducts.

I’m stoked!

Thanks again!

Old 08-28-2018, 05:06 AM   #11
Gonzo SS

Quote:
Thank you!

Literally just ordered and code saved me like $40! $206 shipped for whole kit grill and ducts.

I’m stoked!

Thanks again!

Good deal! You're gonna love it. I just noticed in your sig that you have an Apex scoop. You may have to cut it. I had to cut my Phastek scoop. I knew that before I got it and installed them at the same time so it wasn't a big deal, but I wanted to give you a heads up in case you didn't know.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2018, 01:42 PM   #12
TwentyTen2SSRS

Do you need to cut the scoop, or cut the ducts?

I think I read that somewhere else as well -
Old 08-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #13
Gonzo SS

I guess you could cut either, but I cut the scoop.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:07 PM   #14
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Good time to make a diy when you start the install. Great product it looks like. I like the fact it is actually functional or useful too.. looking forward to seeing more cars with these.