Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #29
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
I went from a 2002 C5 Z06 to a 2013 1LE. Even with slightly less hp and torque the vette was noticeably quicker off the line thanks to being 600 lbs less. They kinda feel the same when they get to about 4000 rpm though. At higher speeds that extra weight makes the Camaro feel more stable than the vette. As for handling, I was surprised when I found them to be very similar. I don't track the car but taking on a highway on ramp feels very similar even with all that extra weight in the Camaro, which is pretty amazing.

The clutch in the Camaro also feels a lot better than the c5 vette. They both catch too high and rattle too much for my taste but the clutch in the Camaro is pretty light and smooth.

Thanks, thats great info. That's what I was hoping to hear.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #30
roadblock

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE BRM
I traded my '09 Z06 for my '14 1LE. The only reason that I traded was because of the LS7 unresolved valve dropping issue. (I did not need a 20K liability sitting in the garage.) The Z06 has a lot more power than the 1LE. The most remarkable difference that I notice, is the comfort of the ride. Both cars hold the road well but, after a long trip in the 1LE, I do not seek out a chiropractor. As far as top end, There is no safe place to use the top end of either car on a surface street. That falls into the who cares category. I honestly miss the mileage that I got with the Z06 though.
roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:31 AM   #31
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Great comparisons and reviews from the former Vette owners. Didn't know there were this many on here that did the swap.
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote