Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #141
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Whoa ... necro reply
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:18 AM   #142
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankind View Post
Why worry about the LSA? GM needs to get off their butt and get us a DOHC V8. At that point the performance numbers can be off the chart. Ford is getting comparable power plants with smaller engines because of this. I would gladly exchange a pushrod 6.2L for a smaller 5.7L, or a 5.0 like original Z28, DOHC because you can get more power. Design one, market it in the Z28, and see if ford can keep up. They went back to the drawing board for their 5.0 and only pumped a rated 412, prolly more but they are being sneaky.
You know, I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day about how I felt that GM needed to put more technology into their motors and build smaller motors. It's real appealing that the new 5.0s are pushing so much power from those motors. But my buddy pointed at that the Ford modular engines were junk during the 90's. They worked for what they were built for, but onces you started modding the motor and whatnot, they would crap out on you. About the only good modular motor was the Cobra motors because they were built better. But the GT motors, and including into the 2000's, were just junk. GM stuck with the tried and true way of bigger displacement and older technologies. Some of the best motors have been the LS motors. GM is still improving these motors to this day.

And a FYI, you can get any power out of any type of motor at any size. There so so many factors but being DOHC or pushrod, both can put out the same numbers at the same displacement.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote