Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Question To V-Max or to Lower

So im in the air on what to do now. I want both but I have to pick only one right now.

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The throttle body would just about finish off your under hood bolt on upgrades so maybe knock that out the start on the suspension.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The throttle body would just about finish off your under hood bolt on upgrades so maybe knock that out the start on the suspension.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
do the throttle body then worry about aesthetics unless your doing a full suspension job
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Personally, I have a lot of the mods you do and am "almost" satisfied with how my car performs. I'm still debating long tubes since I might go with the hps turbo system once it starts its production. Having said that, I don't have the vmax throttle body. I aim for 1/4 mile times and since that mod doesn't really impact 1/4 mile time I haven't bothered to buy it just yet.

On the other hand, I got a great deal on pedders springs for being one of their two test cars and have to say it is one of the best mods to date. It drastically changes the appearance of the car and with the 18" wheels, you don't feel a harshness in ride. I did get a good deal and if I hadn't, I probably wouldn't have lowered because of how expensive it can get so that might be an issue you might look into. But if you think you can swing it, you will love the way your car looks lowered.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Im still unsure, but im thinking of the Vmax. Im going to start porting my Intake tonight. The MACE spacers should be here by the weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
LOWER IT!!! If you don't. We can't be friends. Trust me
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Lowering the car make a huge cosmetic difference. One that you won't understand until you do it and then you wonder why you didn't do it sooner
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Lowering the car make a huge cosmetic difference. One that you won't understand until you do it and then you wonder why you didn't do it sooner
I have to agree.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
but might as well lower it and do other suspension work at the same time... so if he doesnt have the cash to do it all at once might as well save up a little more for a better package
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #11
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
LOWER IT!!! If you don't. We can't be friends. Trust me
+10000000

Lower
Lower
Lower

The difference that the Vmax TB makes to your car is hardly felt. While lowering will makes you feel like driving a real sports car