Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #15
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Whatever mod(s) you choose know this:
You are walking down a road from which nobody has EVER returned, not a single one of us.
Moddificus Dineroicus Deleticus, the medical term for "modding" is the number one killer of income in 5th Gen Camaro owners. There is no cure.
the peace of mind after adding a mod only last a day before the chaos returns some time in the night. you begin the next day only to be thinking of your next mod.
TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #16
rockhillcamaro

Drives: camaro sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Check out the Apex or Elite catch cans.
the point was to find one less expensive...lol not more
rockhillcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #17
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillcamaro View Post
the point was to find one less expensive...lol not more
Most commonly used are the Elite, RX, and Apex. Not able to speak to the cans you identified however, the 3 I have listed are well reviewed and remember you get what you pay for.
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #18
BasedSS

Drives: 2014 SS
Get the Apex catch can.
2014 SS Stainless Works Headers w/ high flow cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Exhaust, Jannety Tune, Hurst short throw, APEX catch can, Tampa Tunning Throttle Body, APEX/Gen5 LED fogs, CAI Intake system, Diode Dynamics LED's, ACS T4 Splitter
BasedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #19
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by J98 View Post
I recently got a 2010 Camaro SS and finally decided to start doing some modifications to it. After doing a lot of reading I decided I want to start with either a cold air intake or an exhaust, but do not know which mod I should purchase first. The exhaust I want is the Flowmaster Outlaw series catback while the cold air intake is from Cold Air Inductions. I would like to hear your opinion on where I should begin.
My two cents......Start at the front of the air flow path (intake) and work your way back to the exhaust. Each component affects the sound and performance to varying degrees. Making the changes you want starting at the front will help you when you get to header/exhaust decision.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:53 PM   #20
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Based on just the two options the OP is asking about I say get the CAI and a muffler delete. You could probably swing both of those and get sound with a little performance.

However, I agree with others that catch can should be a mod you to fairly quick. If you have an manual trans I would also tell you to look at getting a clutch reservoir.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote