Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #85
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
being patient is not one of my traits... but I must wait by the door for the UPS guy.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:16 PM   #86
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Hmm....so should I wait till I get all the bolt on's I want before i do this? Or....purchase it and update as I go?

I am getting pretty horrible gas mileage right now, so anything to get some mileage...and more power...would be nice. Granted most of my driving is in town.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #87
VTSummit

I need to decide ASAP on the high flow cats, then.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:37 AM   #88
Awit92

Drives: 2015 camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
They didn't need to adjust for my catless downpipes so they probably won't for high flows either. They only removed the CEL.
Really? Maybe IPF can elaborate on this because SOLO recommends a tune for the high flow cats.
CAI Cold Air Intake, Vitesse Motorsports TC, Solo High Flow Cats, Muffler + resonator delete, Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, Apex Air scoop, VMAX ported throttle body, Drake Shifter, Z28 spoiler + Zl1-addons Wickerbill, Eagle Eye U halo headlights. Items blacked out/tinted: Hood, wheels, emblems, brake lights.
Awit92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #89
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awit92 View Post
Really? Maybe IPF can elaborate on this because SOLO recommends a tune for the high flow cats.
Yes there is a specific tune for this, SOLO recommends a tune because you will have a CEL for secondary catalyst deficiency. WE have you covered
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #90
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
I need to decide ASAP on the high flow cats, then.
Adding to or manipulating the tuning is easy, so no need to wait. The benefits on the stock vehicle are very good alone without any other upgrades.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:45 PM   #91
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
So, did I need my tune adjusted for the addition of catless downpipes? Last time I asked about them I was told I didn't, only for the CEL.
The tuning addresses the CEL, its the same tuning file
Old 09-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #92
Awit92

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
Yes there is a specific tune for this, SOLO recommends a tune because you will have a CEL for secondary catalyst deficiency. WE have you covered
So it just turns the CEL off? The tune doesn't alter any tables or anything to take advantage of the fact that the gas can exit faster? Not trying to be a dick lol. Genuinely Just trying to understand and learn all I can. I would have thought something would be altered to take advantage of the increased air flow like how a CAI or something would be.

Thanks!!!!
CAI Cold Air Intake, Vitesse Motorsports TC, Solo High Flow Cats, Muffler + resonator delete, Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, Apex Air scoop, VMAX ported throttle body, Drake Shifter, Z28 spoiler + Zl1-addons Wickerbill, Eagle Eye U halo headlights. Items blacked out/tinted: Hood, wheels, emblems, brake lights.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #93
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awit92 View Post
So it just turns the CEL off? The tune doesn't alter any tables or anything to take advantage of the fact that the gas can exit faster? Not trying to be a dick lol. Genuinely Just trying to understand and learn all I can. I would have thought something would be altered to take advantage of the increased air flow like how a CAI or something would be.

Thanks!!!!
i agree 100%. i have solo's and am looking into the IPF tune and really hope ill actually get something out of them if i go with IPF. it would be cool if we could get a little extra out of these $700 high flow cats
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #94
TGCammy

Drives: 2015 V6 RS Bright Yellow
GM dealers are installing third party ECU software on cars still under warranty? Did I gather that correctly? So no affect on warranty?

Is it all A/F or is there also advance in there?

What dyno hp and tq numbers would I see with K&N CAI and Borla S Type Axle Backs?
TGCammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #95
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
I think I'm almost ready to order
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #96
VTSummit

I've been trying to order a tune for a few days... no response.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #97
VTSummit

Emailed a couple days ago, called this morning. Can't order online- just need the tune, no tuner as I have one of their tuner interfaces. If anyone else in VT or nearby wants to get tuned, they can use mine.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #98
Awit92

I just want an answer if the tune takes advantage of high flow cats/no cats already. The previous answer from IPF saying the tune only disables the CEL is unsettling. You'd think a tuner could take advantage of the removal of the biggest bottlenecks on our cars (the stock cats).