Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-21-2015, 01:44 PM   #113
elmayimbe

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
I have an IPF tuning module with the cables that I don't need if anyone is interested. I bought it from IPF in Tempe last year. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks, Peter
I'm interested . I Pm you.
Thanks
elmayimbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:18 PM   #114
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Cool, so when can I talk to you about getting a tune?
Been trying to buy a tune for almost two weeks now. Can you let me know when you'll be around?
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #115
TGCammy

Drives: 2015 V6 RS Bright Yellow
The tune won't affect warranty? You guys both have new models as I do.
TGCammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #116
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGCammy View Post
The tune won't affect warranty? You guys both have new models as I do.
If the tune is the cause of catastrophic damage, warranty won't touch it.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:32 AM   #117
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I am the warranty administrator at the dealer, so it's my call. However, in the case of a catastrophic failure, it's on the dealer/GM to prove the tune did it. Going with a safe tune is part of my plan... I don't want to experiment with tuning myself and use the car as a guinea pig.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #118
Cupcake37

Drives: 2017 1SS A8
I just got my ipf tune about 3 weeks ago, so far I am super happy.
I recommend going for it. But get your money's worth by getting air intake and exhaust done too.
Cupcake37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #119
elmayimbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake37 View Post
I just got my ipf tune about 3 weeks ago, so far I am super happy.
I recommend going for it. But get your money's worth by getting air intake and exhaust done too.
From 1 from 10, 10 been very happy, how happy are you? I want to do the IPF Tune on my ride too. Plus i have a CAI and muffler delete.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #120
Cupcake37

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmayimbe View Post
From 1 from 10, 10 been very happy, how happy are you? I want to do the IPF Tune on my ride too. Plus i have a CAI and muffler delete.

Thanks
@elmayimbe,
To answer your question I would say 9(only because you have to get it retuned every time after the fact you add something to your veichle), I have an air intake installed and my model came with quad exhaust from factory(just had fuse for flap removed so now it's always breathing LOUDLY) I had it done by a guy named mike over at hillbank motor sports in Irvine ca, as recommended by another member in these forums, I most defenitly feel the difference in response and car pulls better at top end of 3rd, if you drive with paddles** for sure feels like .5 of a second shaved off in 0-60, also speed limiter removed I believed - I don't want to test because I enjoy my life
Old 10-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #121
elmayimbe

Quote:
@elmayimbe,
To answer your question I would say 9(only because you have to get it retuned every time after the fact you add something to your veichle), I have an air intake installed and my model came with quad exhaust from factory(just had fuse for flap removed so now it's always breathing LOUDLY) I had it done by a guy named mike over at hillbank motor sports in Irvine ca, as recommended by another member in these forums, I most defenitly feel the difference in response and car pulls better at top end of 3rd, if you drive with paddles** for sure feels like .5 of a second shaved off in 0-60, also speed limiter removed I believed - I don't want to test because I enjoy my life
@Cupcake37
Thanks for the quick reply and that sounds good right there. i'm just going to wait to instal my Ported Throttle Body and then i will jump on it.
What is the speed limiter removed stuff? plus I heard of that guy that you mentioned in irvine. How much does he charge?
Thanks

Last edited by elmayimbe; 10-13-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Name
Old 10-15-2015, 02:36 AM   #122
Cupcake37

Exactly what he said about speed limiter,^^^* the guy that did my tune said the max speed is 190 now, BUt who knows I'm not willing to test that... Yet..... And the price is $450.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:09 AM   #123
kuzman89

Drives: Ly7
As long as its a reputable company doing the tuning then you have nothing to fear, IPF from all reports do great tuning, on my own V6 the tune was worth it, but I will be getting it dyno tuned again in the future.
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #124
elmayimbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
The speed limiter on the non-RS V6's is set to 118 because that is all the factory 18" tires are rated for. So, when you hit 118 the ECU will cut your fuel. I've hit 120 a few times to so it is definitely gone.

It is really easy to install. You don't even need to follow the instructions that they email you when you purchase it. You just download their software on your computer or laptop and follow the steps it has you do. You basically just have to run back and forth from the computer to your car with the cable a few times.
Should I wait to get my Tb and then get it tune?
Thanks
Old 10-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #125
elmayimbe

Quote:
Exactly what he said about speed limiter,^^^* the guy that did my tune said the max speed is 190 now, BUt who knows I'm not willing to test that... Yet..... And the price is $450.
Thanks
Old 10-15-2015, 02:25 PM   #126
elmayimbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzman89 View Post
As long as its a reputable company doing the tuning then you have nothing to fear, IPF from all reports do great tuning, on my own V6 the tune was worth it, but I will be getting it dyno tuned again in the future.
Thanks