Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 10-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #337
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary H50 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
i hope you guys have fun..as of now im not coming..you guys have no idea how heart broken i truly am..i know this sounds girly but ive been weeping like a baby for an hour now. ive planned for this trip for over two months now and i have spent thousands of dollars in preparations to hurry and get my car finished to my exact idea of what i wanted..i clearly told my car's painter to just fix the small dent on the rear. i asked if he could fix the terrible job my last painter did when he painted the stripes..i clearly told him that if he didnt have enough time to just fix the dent and not do the stripes that i would come back after the Funfest and do it then. that was over a month and a half ago, and he just now called me at 3 pm and told me, after a week of constant calls from me and his assuring me that it would be done in time, that there is no way hell be done before sunday.

He then went on to say that hes a way bigger car enthusiast than me and he can understand how i must feel.and that he has been working 14 hours a day for the last three days trying to finish my car, but everytime he puts paint on it the other painters mess up does something to his paint..this is after he sanded my car to the metal and primered the car again..hes had the car for over a month and a half and just started on it three days ago..i even told him to quit doing stuff to my car and i would just come and get it now even it if looks like shit, and he said that the glass guys wouldnt reinstall the windshield or other glasses until the paint was done..and that he will work out the money ive spent on the hotels into my final price..

i hung up on him pissed off and couldnt even talk, he called back and my fiancee told him that the money wasnt the problem that hes making me miss this event..he says well cant you just drive your lancer down there and hang out at the event..she told him that the event was for 2010 camaros only and that was the whole reason i had paid for the car to be redone and bought all those performance parts and had my interior done..he then told her that he had never heard of an event where you couldnt participate if you dont have another car. so long heartbreaking story kinda short, i cant come now and have the best drive of my entire life during an honestly ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT, because of this lying jerk. i honestly cant believe this and im seriously going nuts.

ive been having anxiety attacks every since, cause ive worked soo hard on my car since i joined up for the event. and ive worked insanely hard on getting this "meet and greet" together and now everyone gets to go have fun and i get to read about it once you all post pictures..i even bought a $300 racing helmet and a $500 sway bar so i would have better handling on the track..ill shut up now dont want to bring the thread down...

Im going to find the directions for the Exchange where you all are supposed to meet and post it right after this post so you guys will be able to meet properly..im hoping that if anything else i can at least get a primered unfinished camaro back by at least saturday morning. so it will look like crap reanimated but ill still get to join you guys and try and have fun..this sucks sooo incredibly bad, im trying everything i can now to get my car back so i can come but its a losing battle the guy just wont come off with my car.

my fiancee wants to rent a car from Budget or whoever had them for rent, i read about that on this forum actually..but ima go and not bring you guys down anymore.ill be posting the link to the thread which had the address for the hotels and the meeting site below..if i do get to come ill post that i will be able to come, but as of now i cant and im sorry cause i cant be there to get the meet and greet together.but im sure you guys will definately be able to pull that off without me, im just the guy that had the idea about it anyway. but i am sorry for saying that i would be there to help out now i cant..sorry guys.
Sorry to hear about your car, I hope that with all the time and energy you have put into this event, that you still get your back ontime to make it.

Good Luck, and I will look forward to meeting you.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #338
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI Racing View Post
It's 3 PM EST !!!
And it is time to get this party started.
Thank you to everyone that registered for the MTI Racing CAMARO FUNFEST.
All 100 plus of you.

Quote:
...my fiancee wants to rent a car from Budget or whoever had them for rent, i read about that on this forum actually...
Do what your fiancee suggested and rent one...
Old 10-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #339
Cmurf_SS
"SLOMARO"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Damn Mohrg, I know you have put a ton of time and energy into planning this, especially the caravan from your area... Just tell him to primer it up and head this way.. No one will think anything of it.. A beast is a beast, primered, finished, whatever.. Good luck.. Hope to see ya there.

Dyno'd before VARARAM TUNE unit at 390hp
Cmurf_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #340
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Dang Mohrg I am sorry to hear that..man that is really jacked up. I mean you really got involved and put this thing together. I was going to ask you to help us with the first OFFICIAL Camaro 5 event after looking at your organizational skills and passion that you displayed in this thread for MTI. Sorry dude...shoot me or GTAHVIT a pm if you are interested in helping...

Sorry Bro,

Junkie
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #341
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
If I go, I RSVP'd but not 100% sure i can go yet. I plan on leaving sat. afternoon, anyone in South Carolina or will be traveling thru SC around 4pm Sat. would like to travel in a with a bunch of maro's
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #342
corvette_dad

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs red/grey stripes
you've put in so much effort i hope there is some way that you can still make it. the looks can come later. good luck!!!
corvette_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #343
Evokatana

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Originally Posted by Evokatana
http://www.mapquest.com/mq/4-405xMXwW
Dick's Sporting Goods
1500 Oxford Exchange Blvd
Oxford, AL 36203
256-831-7739

Here is the address and the mapquest link for the Oxford Exchange for our meeting Sunday morning. We look forward to seeing you all there.
Evokatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #344
corvette_dad

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs red/grey stripes
100 plus camaros in one place, COOL!!
corvette_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #345
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
yeah thats what im saying about getting it primered and unfinished and still get to go. i dont give a rats ass about the paint..i begged the painter not to even try to redo the stripes if he didnt think he would be able to finish it..but hes had the car for over a month now and just started trying to paint it two days ago.now hes having problems and dont have time to finish it..im soo disappointed, but thanks to you guys for being soo supportive..it really does mean a lot to me. ima try to get it no mattre what.

my fiancee went down there earlier the guy said hes been working till 1 am every night to ginich it up she went down there at 6pm and the place was empty, so hes not even trying to get it done on time.but she went to tell him that we want the car regardless. hes missed the deadline and we just want our car back NOW!!!. i dont care about the looks of it..i really wanted to have it done the exact way i wanted it and done in time to make the event so maybe i could win some awards..lol..anyway the reason i was having it redone is because the first guy that painted it did it horribley and didnt do it the way i wanted..

i originally wanted the stripes to start small and increase in size with the cowl of the hood.then when the cowl stopped widening the stripes would stop as well and stay the same size as it goes over the top and onto the trunk. he did a small set of stripes all the way back. also he had runs on the front of the car as thick and as long as my pinky finger.also somehow he put knuckle dents in the center of my hood. and some bad palm size blemishes on the trunk similar to someone leaning on the car for hours.

but 1320junkie i would be honored to help you guys...it was such a blast and an incredible experience and made me feel like i was actually accomplishing something greater than myself.lol..and having fun getting everyone to do something fun..but i would be honored to help you guys..its the least i can do for you guys having such a great forum..
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #346
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Quote:
heres the address and the contact number for the marriot where we, i mean you guys, will be meeting..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtyard by Marriott Anniston Oxford 289 Colonial Drive Anniston Al. 36203
The direct phone number is 1-256-831-7995 (do not book on-line)
Dude, just come...don't matter if you can't bring your car, these things are about cars, sure, but they are just as much about the people behind the cars. Some great friendships have been forged over the years by cars bringing folks together, don't let this stand in your way, just come....everyone will enjoy getting to meet and see the face behind the screen name....you don't have to have the car to make the memories!! Just come.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #347
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
Dude, just come...don't matter if you can't bring your car, these things are about cars, sure, but they are just as much about the people behind the cars. Some great friendships have been forged over the years by cars bringing folks together, don't let this stand in your way, just come....everyone will enjoy getting to meet and see the face behind the screen name....you don't have to have the car to make the memories!! Just come.
I agree
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #348
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
yeah its just that i put soo much time and money into this car that if i dont have the car there it will be worse seeing everyone else have fun and know that i should be there to. ill be a bystander that should be a participant.i really do regret not being able to meet you guys, thats why im willing to give up my paint job and just take the car as is..besides JPM Coachworks done such an incredible job on my interior that i would rather show that off anyway.he did custom stitching on the dash trim after he redone it in green leather..he even used my most favorite font in the world. "zombie holocaust" lol..to spell out Mohrg Beast..he did the door handles in black alcantara and the top of the console lid.while doing the sides of the console,the gear shifter, and the door inserts in green leather too..im soo impressed at his work that im going to show the hell off out of it..lol..if you guys need any interior work done contact that guy..for as cheap as he was with his prices you get the absolute best quality work ive seen in a car..catch this guy before he makes an incredibly huge name for himself or gets swamped.its well worth it.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #349
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Quote:
yeah its just that i put soo much time and money into this car that if i dont have the car there it will be worse seeing everyone else have fun and know that i should be there to. ill be a bystander that should be a participant.i really do regret not being able to meet you guys, thats why im willing to give up my paint job and just take the car as is..besides JPM Coachworks done such an incredible job on my interior that i would rather show that off anyway.he did custom stitching on the dash trim after he redone it in green leather..he even used my most favorite font in the world. "zombie holocaust" lol..to spell out Mohrg Beast..he did the door handles in black alcantara and the top of the console lid.while doing the sides of the console,the gear shifter, and the door inserts in green leather too..im soo impressed at his work that im going to show the hell off out of it..lol..if you guys need any interior work done contact that guy..for as cheap as he was with his prices you get the absolute best quality work ive seen in a car..catch this guy before he makes an incredibly huge name for himself or gets swamped.its well worth it.
You got to come man. I would love to see your interior
King T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:37 AM   #350
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
Even rent a camaro if you have too!
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote