Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Want to install LT headers. Will I need to change my Solo Axle back exhaust.

I want to have LT headers with HF cat installed on my L99. (Plus tune and AFM delete) As of now I have the Solo Axle Back exhaust with J-Pipes. (They don't have mufflers, just J-Pipes) Would this set up give me a nice tone or would I need some type of muffler set up after header install? I still have the resonator on the car too.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
Yes you can I would recommend you remove the flapper valves they restrick and start vibrating making a nasty sound
Old 04-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Just make sure you buy the right header set up. Any vendor on here will sell you the right parts if you tell them what you have already. Are you going to get rid of the resonators too?
Old 04-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
BAD DAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Just make sure you buy the right header set up. Any vendor on here will sell you the right parts if you tell them what you have already. Are you going to get rid of the resonators too?
That's what I'm trying to find out if I should keep the resonator. The Solo exhaust only has J-pipes (no mufflers). Would headers and this type of exhaust match.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
Old 04-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
That's what I'm trying to find out if I should keep the resonator. The Solo exhaust only has J-pipes (no mufflers). Would headers and this type of exhaust match.
You can install any of the LTs and HFCs that are designed for our cars and they will fit up just fine to the stock pipes coming out of the front of the stock resonator.

Whether you keep the resonator or not is more a matter of how you like the sound than anything else. The stock resonator is designed to keep the drone down due to the AFM. Since you have the AFM tuned-out, the drone will not be near as noticeable as if you still had it.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
As long as you go with headers designated "factory connect" or "short system" they will bolt up fine. I would do a resonator delete too. Just hit me up if you have any questions and I'll make sure you get the right stiff.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
BAD DAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
As long as you go with headers designated "factory connect" or "short system" they will bolt up fine. I would do a resonator delete too. Just hit me up if you have any questions and I'll make sure you get the right stiff.
Thank for the feedback. I'll contact you with more direct questions.