Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #421
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
And the numbers in the link look at all of FMC vs all of GM instead of just FMC vs Chevy as the troll was trying to do.
Yes they do lol. I misinterpreted your first post as saying Ford is not a brand vs the chevy brand

Time for more coffee! haha
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:45 AM   #422
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
To be fair it is proper to compare Ford directly with Chevy since Ford is an individual brand.

Ford-Chevy

Ford Motor Company - General Motors.

I know people try to leverage every advantage they can, like wanting to compare the F150 vs both the Sierra and Silverado, but that's not fair as it is comparing two brands combined vs just one.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:48 AM   #423
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
Since Ford sells itīs Stang now worldwide (and in spite of high fuel prices their V8 sells better (buyers have to wait 6months now!) than the I4 here in germany) you should not only look at the USA selling numbers now.
GM with chevy and Caddillac left the european market and sells only the Camaro, ATS,CTS and Corvette at some Opel dealers under "GM premium cars".
At the moment we have the IAA in Frankfurt and Fordīs Stang is a impressive eye catcher there ! No sign of a Camaro 2016....ah yes 1 they find somewhere beside in a "chevrolet cafe".
I searched at IAA for chevy or Camaro or corvette and found NOTHING.
I think itīs chevyīs fault when global selling numbers went bad.....
Only release about the Camaro at Frankfurt centers around the lighting.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300144279.html

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #424
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yes they do lol. I misinterpreted your first post as saying Ford is not a brand vs the chevy brand

Time for more coffee! haha
Yeah, it was meant to have him show is true troll self again...getting a little tired of his BS I guess. VW Motor Group was actually had the second highest sales in 2014, but if you look at it by name plate then VW, Audi and so on look really bad. GM does really well globally and will probably overtake VWMG this year to become #2 globally. Pony Car sales are simply a drop in the bucket and representation at IAA is not going to change that. Putting the AMG 6.3L (really a 6.2L) engine in the Camaro isn't going to change it, either (like he suggested the other day). /End Rant/
Old 09-17-2015, 08:50 AM   #425
kain279

Drives: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
To be fair it is proper to compare Ford directly with Chevy since Ford is an individual brand.

Ford-Chevy

Ford Motor Company - General Motors.

I know people try to leverage every advantage they can, like wanting to compare the F150 vs both the Sierra and Silverado, but that's not fair as it is comparing two brands combined vs just one.
The Silverado and Sierra are the exact same truck minus some cosmetics. For a long time GMC existed just so Pontiac dealers could sell trucks........I remember many Pontiac/Buick/GMC setups over the years.

Functionally, the Silverado and Sierra are the same vehicle. Now, if people were trying to say "Chevrolet sells more performance cars than Ford" meaning Mustang vs SS (I know it has no sales so play along), Camaro, and Corvette then it would be suspect.
kain279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:20 AM   #426
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kain279 View Post
The Silverado and Sierra are the exact same truck minus some cosmetics. For a long time GMC existed just so Pontiac dealers could sell trucks........I remember many Pontiac/Buick/GMC setups over the years.

Functionally, the Silverado and Sierra are the same vehicle. Now, if people were trying to say "Chevrolet sells more performance cars than Ford" meaning Mustang vs SS (I know it has no sales so play along), Camaro, and Corvette then it would be suspect.
Mechanically yes, but they are marketed and branded as different vehicles.

You want lump Silverado and Sierra in as the same vehicle, then you better lump the Tahoe, Yukon and Escalade in as the same vehicle. Doesn't work that way. Mechanically they are the same, but they are marketed and built as different vehicles
Old 09-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #427
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Mechanically yes, but they are marketed and branded as different vehicles.

You want lump Silverado and Sierra in as the same vehicle, then you better lump the Tahoe, Yukon and Escalade in as the same vehicle. Doesn't work that way. Mechanically they are the same, but they are marketed and built as different vehicles
That's not really a good argument. You wouldn't lump Explorer and Navigator sales in with F-150 would you? To be fair, the best way to look at is to compare half ton trucks from GM to half ton by Ford Motor Company. Remember Lincoln use to sell the Blackwood which could be considered a half ton. Just because GM has two brands competing directly in the truck market doesn't mean you can say the F-150 is only competing for sales against the Silverado. Chevy/GMC combined sales are what they are competing against.

but seriously lol

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:49 AM   #428
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
That's not really a good argument. You wouldn't lump Explorer and Navigator sales in with F-150 would you? To be fair, the best way to look at is to compare half ton trucks from GM to half ton by Ford Motor Company. Remember Lincoln use to sell the Blackwood which could be considered a half ton. Just because GM has two brands competing directly in the truck market doesn't mean you can say the F-150 is only competing for sales against the Silverado. Chevy/GMC combined sales are what they are competing against.

but seriously lol
haha that wasn't what I meant. I meant if you want to consider the Sierra and the Silverado the same, then that person would also have to argue that the Tahoe, Yukon, and Escalade are the same SUV and that those 3 should have their sales lumped together. Did not mean same as the Trucks. I worded that horribly haha.

back on topic.

Ford and Chrysler have their work cut out for them.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:52 AM   #429
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
haha that wasn't what I meant. I meant if you want to consider the Sierra and the Silverado the same, then that person would also have to argue that the Tahoe, Yukon, and Escalade are the same SUV and that those 3 should have their sales lumped together. Did not mean same as the Trucks. I worded that horribly haha.

back on topic.

Ford and Chrysler have their work cut out for them.
You didn't get that coffee yet did you? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #430
shaffe

Nope not yet, thinking about sneak out of the office to make a run for some Dunkin Donuts
Old 09-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #431
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
In terms of sales. The existence of the Sierra definitely has a very large impact on overall Silverado sales and visa versa.

I would cross shop them as nearly the same vehicle as would many other GM buyers.

In fact I just did last year. Got a better price at the Chevy dealer.

Its damn near impossible for the Silverado alone to outsell the f150. You have almost the exact same truck from the same company that is directly cross shopped taking a massive dent out of it sales.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #432
pdoherty972

Drives: 2013 370Z sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
It's time to get with the times. Auto simply shift faster now. It really removes user error. Yes it feels better, but Auto's are on the up and up.

Yep - do you want to pretend you're a race car driver by shifting or do you want to go faster?
pdoherty972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #433
VF-22

Drives: 4 Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Not everyone wants a 20" wheel not to mention it isn't a performance advantage. Just like you don't need to spend extra for gearing with a Mustang as the transmission ratios are numerically higher.

Quote:
This is just me and I think a few others share this view. Those of us that live in the mid west and states that get snow who might use these cars as DDs, all seasons are better from the factory than summer only. No need to buy a new set of wheels and tires for winter.
Agreed. I don't want 20" wheels but the SS comes with them standard.

I also don't want summer tires, I want All-Seasons but the SS comes with them standard.

My view is that Chevy should realize that not everything falls under one umbrella and that they need to offer certain 'options' to the buyer.

A choice of summer or all seasons should ALWAYS be an option that you can check off.

Like I've said before, not everyone is going to track their SS. Many just want the V8 engine in but dont want all the other stuff in terms of the track/performance stuff.

The one thing Ford got right was keeping the Mustang into 2 groups by adding the PP package. GT and GT/PP giving the car buyer two scenarios and two different use vehicles. Chevy is basically only giving you 1.
VF-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #434
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Wouldn't the SS's "performance pack" essentially be the MRC w/ or w/o the NPP exhaust???

It's not Chevy's fault that even a performance pack Mustang GT is significantly behind a "base" SS. What happens is Chevy does do a 1Le? At this point that's not only rubbing it in, it's almost unsportsman like conduct. It's like when your football team is up by 35 points and they keep throwing the ball for TD's.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote