Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-30-2010, 02:36 AM   #29
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
The camaro has run a 13.4 in some mag tests too. What's your point?
Selecting the runs that benefit you is common...

Hero run camaro 12.5. Beat that?

I have a low 13 car but i run mids to highs at the track.

So many factors play in. Bench racing is dumb. Let's go to the track and have fun.

In the end we are all muscle. Rather have a 5.0 beat me than a ricer.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:30 AM   #30
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Selecting the runs that benefit you is common...

Hero run camaro 12.5. Beat that?

I have a low 13 car but i run mids to highs at the track.

So many factors play in. Bench racing is dumb. Let's go to the track and have fun.

In the end we are all muscle. Rather have a 5.0 beat me than a ricer.
Umm, exactly. I'm not the person that brought up a completely irrelevant 13.4 run.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #31
MADBOWTIE
400+rwhp and climbing!

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs camaro
With all this mustang smack talk it better be fast because a lot of camaro owner's that have been bombarded with all this 5.0 hype are going to be out for blood when they run up on the mighty 2011 5.0. I know I am.
MADBOWTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #32
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Yet in other tests the stang ran 13.4
What ever helps you sleep at night, reality is an option.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #33
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
What gets me is this test isn't comparing apples to apples. In order to do a test they need cars that are all the top models. The GT500 should have been the car in the test not the 5.0 because, the SS is the top camaro and the str8 is the top challenger. So why not have the GT500 instead of the middled of the road 5.0. If you say this is because of cost then the str8 shouldn't have been used it should of been the R/t. The way I look at it is all of your 1/4 mile bickering back and forth wouldn't be happening if the would have used the GT500 because it is hand down the top dog in performance right now. And ,if they used the 2011 GT500 it would be even worse for us camaro and challenger guys.
And I don't want to here about modding because that doesn't count. Anybody can spend enough money and beat anybody else no matter what kind of car they have. This is a stock to stock comparison.

It all comes down to right we have the second place car and we need our Z/28 now, not in 2012.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #34
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
It will be weird to have the Z/28 as the top performer and the more expensive Camaro.
The SS has always been the "beast". Why does GM always feel the need to change things?
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #35
ZuluKilla8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
Because the GT 500 is a different breed of beast , its not in the same catagory as an SS or SRT.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
What gets me is this test isn't comparing apples to apples. In order to do a test they need cars that are all the top models. The GT500 should have been the car in the test not the 5.0 because, the SS is the top camaro and the str8 is the top challenger. So why not have the GT500 instead of the middled of the road 5.0. If you say this is because of cost then the str8 shouldn't have been used it should of been the R/t. The way I look at it is all of your 1/4 mile bickering back and forth wouldn't be happening if the would have used the GT500 because it is hand down the top dog in performance right now. And ,if they used the 2011 GT500 it would be even worse for us camaro and challenger guys.
And I don't want to here about modding because that doesn't count. Anybody can spend enough money and beat anybody else no matter what kind of car they have. This is a stock to stock comparison.

It all comes down to right we have the second place car and we need our Z/28 now, not in 2012.
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #36
Unfair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuluKilla8 View Post
Because the GT 500 is a different breed of beast , its not in the same catagory as an SS or SRT.....
What category is that because they both look like muscle cars, they are both 2 door coupes, and they both are the top of each car model from the manufacturer.

leave out price for a second.

Chevy's top camaro model, vs's Ford's mid model mustang?

think about it.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #37
ZuluKilla8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
as in Awesomeness Category, not as in Muscle Car Category
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #38
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Quote:
What category is that because they both look like muscle cars, they are both 2 door coupes, and they both are the top of each car model from the manufacturer.

think about it.
So do you comment on anything but mustang camaro threads I think we got a sleeper boys! I bet you rub one out too the mags w the mustang on top
Old 04-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #39
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
I love the Camaro and the Challenger, I'm blah on the Mustang's looks. I did kind of agree with the interior review of the Camaro though. I accept it for the overall styling, but it does feel like you can't see as much and puts you in an odd position.
bigearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #40
Unfair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
So do you comment on anything but mustang camaro threads I think we got a sleeper boys! I bet you rub one out too the mags w the mustang on top
Back to topic please.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #41
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Just saying its funny you only comment on mustang camaro threads and your always pro mustang thats all plz proceed
Old 04-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #42
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post

think about it.
Leave out price? Okay, then run the ZR1 against the GT500. Oh wait, keep it Camaro vs Mustang right? Then in factory trim, meaning tires and all, the SS runs with the GT500. True, right driver and or better tires, the GT500 runs away from the SS, no argument here. Yet, in bone stock trim, everyday driver, the SS is right in the door of the GT500. As is the standard GT. So the point of your post is?

In reality, they redo this comparo with the GT500, the SRT8 and the SS, I bet the end results are the same. Dodge boys got pissed when they kept the price right and used the R/T and finished third. Now Camaro guys, even though beating the SRT8 in every perfomance catagory, are crying foul due to the SRT8 and finishing third, albeit over bullshit complaints. Mustang boys are happy all the way around, for while the SS is in it's door, or in front, it's been winning almost all the reviews since the Camaro's reintroduction.

Of course, I guess the point of my post is, who really cares what the rags are saying? All three cars have strong points, all three have issues. Buy the one that appeals to you the strongest, and it will be the best car. You want to have the quickest/fastest? That's what the aftermarket is for, and then all bets are off, lol!!