Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #295
larryt1026

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT
Hate to bring an old thread back to life...but I'm having major struggles with installing my Injen short ram intake. I've read through this whole thread and I agree..the inlet tubes seem to be all very large in relations to the actual intake tube. But from what everyone said, it's normal so I'm not too worried about that. However, when I am connecting the injen tube to the step hose, as I am tightening the clamp...the clamp slips off the step hose. and no matter what I do, the clamp keeps slipping off!! The hose itself is pretty oily, but even after wiping the oil off, it was doing the same thing. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated in my life. Anyone else run into this issue? Thanks in advanced.
larryt1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #296
JBuzzy11

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green
hey dont give up, it took me a few times to get it... try to get that oil off, maybe use a little rubbing alchicol. trust me you will get it. I had the same issue but once you tighten it down it will stay. Just be sure to check under the clamp as you tighten so you know if it moves. good luck.

Injen CAI, JBA headers, MRT V1.0 exhaust, Trifecta tune.
JBuzzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #297
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBuzzy11 View Post
hey dont give up, it took me a few times to get it... try to get that oil off, maybe use a little rubbing alchicol. trust me you will get it. I had the same issue but once you tighten it down it will stay. Just be sure to check under the clamp as you tighten so you know if it moves. good luck.
Exactly the same for me. I recently took mine off after several months to put some heat shield tape on and it went back on very easy. First time takes patience.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #298
larryt1026

thanks for all the support guys. I was really contemplating just returning it. I will try it again. Did you guys follow the instructions to the T? Did you guys install the step hose onto the intake tube before installing the intake tube on the car?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #299
OOLIE

I followed the instructions. If you have an extra set of hands to push on it may help you get it tightened. I did it myself but an extra set of hands would have made it easier.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #300
larryt1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
I followed the instructions. If you have an extra set of hands to push on it may help you get it tightened. I did it myself but an extra set of hands would have made it easier.
Got it. Thanks again. I should have an extra pair of hands tomorrow when I try again. All those hoses are pretty loose though for sure. Also after installing the heat shield in the car...did the side with the velocity hose of the heat shield feel flimsy? Meaning it wobbles from side to side even after ever the heat shield is bolted down.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #301
larryt1026

Finally installed!!! However, I had to push the heat shield to get the bottom bolt attached. (the bolt that I attach to the stand thing that fits into the factory grommet) Basically I had to push the shield (force it) to allow that stand to fit into the hole...no pun intended. Because I had to do that though..there's a big gap between the heat shield hole and the heat shield cover hole. Therefore I can't install one of the screws. At this point I've thrown in the towel..and chalk it up to nothing fits right in my car lol. Thanks again for everyones help with this install!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #302
OOLIE

wow sounds like you went through a more difficult installation. do you have pics? Does't sound like the gap should hurt performance though.