Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2LT/RS
My Camaro has ruined my commute

It was a great commute. Some winding back roads and no need to keep to the speed limit (but do not go too far over since the police use them to quickly get around the uglier bits and pieces of rush hour traffic). Driving my Mazda 3 I would have a certain angle I would attack each turn with along with shifting and hitting the gas -- maintaining the speed limit or going over it without crossing the center or side lines.

Enter my little Viper, the Camaro. The turns I once thought challenging are simply too easy to navigate, the thrill is gone. She handles extremely well and I find myself slowing down as to not risk a ticket from the boys in grey who like to lurk just beyond at times.

Now I need to find new roads to travel and find that excitement once more.

The other women I work with do not get my obsession with my car but fortunately I work with a guy who is into cars and he gets it. I told him the above today and he just laughed.
Valkyrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Thats kind of a good problem I think... My problem is I love to feel the power pushing me into the seat & everybody wants to race but I almost always don't bite but sometimes its hard..... My car is not a daily driver so it only gets out for fun after work. Nice car coming from a Summit White lover - Cam
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Thanks! Definitely a good problem to have, I like looking for adventure.

I never thought I would own a white car but it is a beautiful colour on the Camaro. She will be getting a bit of colour as soon as I pay off a couple of bills.

Racing. Everyone wants to race. I even had a guy on a modded out motorcycle encouraging me to speed up/race him through rush hour traffic on the highway. I smile and wave at them, unsure what they might be thinking (or not thinking in the case of the motorcycle).

My car is a daily driver and that is why I went with the V6. If I bought a V8, I would have to have gone with used. I love the mailslot. Averaging about 1,000 miles a week so far due to a couple of long trips.

I had to Google where you are from. I was up in Laval QC late last year. Second trip to Canada. I learned to stay in the US during the wintertime. Hmmm, after that one might think I would be tired of seeing white. LOL
Old 08-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #4
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Try turning with some wider wheels and tires these cars can handle some crazy Shiz.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #5
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

I need to price a new set of wheels and tires for the car with winter coming (insert Game of Thrones meme pic here). Someone I know who follows the weather very closely says that it will be a bad one this year.

I like how custom some folks go with their Camaro. I have seen a lot of personality in my area. Heck, even the white LS with the black fin on top looked good and different from what I usually see. Oh and that driver waved back! First one!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #6
qcman

Haha yes I am in the Great White North so car sits for 4-5 months for the most part so I just look at in the garage during that time lol... Oh the V6 is a pretty quick car too & I had originally intended to buy one but got a heck of a deal on this one. It was used with 90 miles on the clock licensed by GM but never sold....

Its funny because white was never on my radar. I only test drove the car to see what a V8 Camaro was like... I didn't even like it all that much colourwise oddly enough. But I took pictures of the car & the colour grew on me & now I think it looks great!! Go figure? I do best with things that grow on me & not the things that I like easily kind of a strange quirk I think....

And yes everybody wants to see them rip. I think half are people who want to see if they can beat it & the other half wants to see what it can do.... I rarely ever oblige but once in a while just a little taste. Cam
Old 08-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #7
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
#firstworldproblems
Old 08-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #8
chris jd
chris jd

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT w/ RS - 6 Speed
OP, you could always hold down the traction control button for 10 seconds, turn off electronic assistance, and spin the rear wheels/slide a little bit for some excitement around those turns. Obviously not the safest thing in the world, but definitely fun if you do it with safe road conditions.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #9
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Traction control? What is that?

Now if I could only disable the Hill Assist that easily.

I did go down part of a road sideways, that was fun. Just for a moment. Wet road, speed, and a sharp turn. Been driving for a long time so it was easy enough to correct. The smile lasted for quite some time.

And I rarely drive that aggressively, especially with a new car. Hate to have anything happen to the car or even someone else because I was pushing things a bit too far.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:21 PM   #10
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I read an article on motor trend asking if you would rather drive a slow car fast or a fast car slow... basically the same premise. The argument is that it can be more fun to push an uncapable car to the limit then it is a capable car.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:28 PM   #11
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
I read an article on motor trend asking if you would rather drive a slow car fast or a fast car slow... basically the same premise. The argument is that it can be more fun to push an uncapable car to the limit then it is a capable car.
Would hate to go over a cliff in a Prius.... Just sayin'

Cam

Last edited by qcman; 08-14-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:51 PM   #12
backbaconrules

Drives: 2011 LT Black
I wish I could feel your pain but my commute to work is a straight road. Takes all of 15 minutes. The good thing is that I don't commute during rush hour and can take the long ways with very little traffic issues.
backbaconrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:57 PM   #13
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
You mean like this?

http://youtu.be/bfR_Ztug9N0
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 AM   #14
MonteSS

Drives: 2010 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
My problem is I love to feel the power pushing me into the seat & everybody wants to race but I almost always don't bite but sometimes its hard.....

It's so hard my friend, I understand. I've been strong willed thus far, trying to keep it at the track!
MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote