Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-05-2022, 01:26 PM   #1
Jdr1337

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Manual
Upgraded front suspension components

A couple years ago i had a full BMR polyeurethane bushing kit installed on my 2010 ss. Subframe, dif mounts, control arms, radius rods, everything that comes in their full kit. The ball joints now are not in so great of shape now.

I will check them out this weekend, but expecting to have to replace both lower control arms I went looking for aftermarket parts that came with poly bushings, since I do not want to go back to stock rubber. I found a bunch of nothing!

Does no one really make these anymore? Did they ever? I guess my only choice is to buy a set of new OEM arms and another set of BMR bushings to replace the OEM ones in the new part. Seems like such a waste.
Jdr1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:06 AM   #2
blumaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS / 1977 Trans AM
I recently replaced my front control arms and radius rods with the Z28 versions. It is a huge improvement. The original passenger side radius rod bushing was found to be cracked 360 degrees around on both sides. Drivers side exhibited some cracking as well but not totally gone yet. That explains the front end shifting/steering wheel jerk when applying the brakes. Braking now feels more immediate as does initial turn-in. Definitely feels more eager to turn. The Z28 components are a great upgrade even if the original parts are working as designed. Going to be doing Z28 rear trailing arms and toe rods next. Gotta love factory high performance parts.

-Ray
blumaro is offline   Reply With Quote