Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
rmcbee

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Noise from rear of car

Yesterday I put on 17" wheels/tires from weld. When I drove off I thought I hear a sound but it went away. This morning it wasn't to bad but something was making a noise. Took it to firestone, sunday, and they said they could see nothing everything was clearing in the rear, which carllye racing assured me would be no problem. Went I left the sound was worse and consistent and then the tire pressure light came on. Any idea what is going on?
rmcbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
eliminate the the unknown and divide the problem...can you put the old tires back on and take a drive? What exactly is this noise/sound? With TPS maybe the sensor got f'd up and is floppin around in the rim? good luck and report back! peace...
Old 02-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
rmcbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
eliminate the the unknown and divide the problem...can you put the old tires back on and take a drive? What exactly is this noise/sound? With TPS maybe the sensor got f'd up and is floppin around in the rim? good luck and report back! peace...
just went back out and the tire sensor light is on. Checked tire pressure 32 all the way around which is what it was when i mounted the tires/wheels yesterday. also i drove slow down the block and there is now a distinct noise like rubbing coming from the passenger side rear? Firestone jacked up the rear and looked all around, nothing touching. Could something be rubbing when car is sitting? Old tires at the shop, so yeah that would be the smart thing, but I still need to figure it out as I just bought these babies and don't want to get into a pissing contest.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
parkin brake cable tied back?
Old 02-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #5
rmcbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
parkin brake cable tied back?
made the mistake of taking the word of the guy at firestone that nothing was rubbing. went out a minute ago and felt around the tire and guess what? yeah, what everyone says, *tie back the brake cable to the toe rod* I'll take it tomorrow and have it more securely tied back as I only had duct tape. thank you for staying on me