Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Someone please explain Fanboy-ism to me please

I do not understand the Fanboy-ism that goes on, I never bought a particular car or dated a particular girl, Black, White, Yellow, Brown or Blonde Brunette Red head I could care less, I dated who I liked or If I got along with them or had things in common. Same with Cars I bought what I liked, I have owned a 1971 Trans-Am, AMC Concord, AMX Javlin, Toyota Carrola, 84 Pontiac Fiero, 84 Corvette, 86 Caddilac, 94 Ford Ranger, 2000 & 2004 Chrysler 300M, 2000 Silverado, 2005 Mustang GT and now a 2010 Camaro. I never once worried about Brand.. I bought because I liked it. Maybe we would be alot better off if more of us took this stance instead of taking pot shots at peoples choices of cars..........
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
your gt sucks....

jk. lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
This is definitely the right attitude to have: if you like it then buy it and screw what anyone else says.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Blind fanboys aren't what we want here.

However we are all fans of our preferred manufacturer. Just like I'm a fan of the AZ Cardinals. Even though I've got years of having to admit they are awful with a laundry list of things they've done wrong. I still root for them and prefer them to any other team.

At the same time I can acknowledge there are other teams out there that are arguably better. But I never switch teams. Steelers won the superbowl. I have no problem giving them the credit they deserve. But I also expect other football fans to give the Cards the credit they deserve for having the lead in the superbowl with few minutes left....

Apply this to the Camaro/Mustang/Challenger pony car wars of the past and future.

My 2 cents.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
MRSBMCS

Drives: 06 H3, 07 Chev truck, 10 2SSRS
What he said ^^^
Although my family has fun with the rivalry we're the only chevy people
MRSBMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The problem is some people think the $30K (1SS) Camaro SS should be:

the most powerful (HP)
the fastest
lightest weight
the best handling
best looking interior
best looking exterior
best gas mileage
etc

And when the Camaro isn't the best at something, they jump on the bash Camaro bandwagon. It's a common theme at other car sites.

What we do get for $30k is the best looking, highest HP, and fastest (1/4 mile) car on the market (for $30K). And it does it with pretty good gas mileage and excellent handling. To me, there's no other car that comes close to the all around package offered by the Camaro.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
your gt sucks....

jk. lol
His GT is sexy....
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
I am a fan of GM but as many out there I am an enthusiast and love all cars. Of course we will always have a rivalry but as long as it stays friendly just joking around couple cheap shots here and there but all in good fun. Every car out there has its advantages and disadvantages no car or manufacture out there is the best. Just whichever is best for you.

Ps. Nice GT
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
It's human nature to affiliate yourself with a certain group. There in lies the magic of brand marketing. Fanboy-ism is the highest level of customer engagement a company can experience and whether direct or indirect, it is highly encouraged by the company. There are a ton of immeasurable benefits like increased customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention, word of mouth, community participation *cough* C5 *cough*.

Hope that helps.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
His GT is sexy....
Thanks, but you look at the picture and it's hard to see a GT after a while

Here is a pic under the hood

Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Was there even a car in those pictures?
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Was there even a car in those pictures?
yea the cars just get in the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
It's human nature to affiliate yourself with a certain group. There in lies the magic of brand marketing. Fanboy-ism is the highest level of customer engagement a company can experience and whether direct or indirect, it is highly encouraged by the company. There are a ton of immeasurable benefits like increased customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention, word of mouth, community participation *cough* C5 *cough*.

Hope that helps.
I guess, I associate with a Car Enthusiast group.. When I found this site I thought it was going to be discussions about the return of the Camaro, I loved the look of the car from the day I seen it at the auto show. But some threads here turn into a brawl about Mustang is better Bla Bla No Camato is Better Bla Bla.. RustStang this and Crapmaro that .....
Why can't we get a club together like the Riders clubs, they don't care if you ride a Harley or Honda, It's all about riding... Motorcycle clubs get why can't car clubs ???

Some friends of mine and I have Started a Racing Group Called Five Guys Racing we all own Mustangs and we are starting our events for the New S197 Mustang, but we all own other cars as well, some have Vettes, FBods and Even a couple Charger SRT8 & R/T, We have Members with EVO's and SRT 4's Old and New Camaros and even GTO's. we get together as friends and Race and have Fun, thats what it should be like and thats why we started the group.

Here is another thing.....
The Northern Virginia Mustang Club and the Northern Virginia Corvette Club are sister clubs, we do alot of events together, Drag Racing, Cruises, and event Road Course outings.

Here is an Example http://www.ncrmc.org/forums/calendar...=2009-3-28&c=1

http://www.nvcorvetteclub.com/nvccfo...ead.php?t=2791

We asked the Northern Virginia Camaro club to become partners they said No F'ing way will we be seen with Ruststangs... Poor Sports and childish for the most part. that was 8 years ago and still will not even show at some events. Corvette Members are the coolest people I have met, Second to Mustang people. Sure you have A-holes in every group but so far the Mustang and Corvette clubs help each other out and we have a great time.

Last edited by 2K05GT; 03-22-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I now have a new appreciation for the term fan-boy. Nice pics 2K05GT!
Old 03-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
I guess, I associate with a Car Enthusiast group.. When I found this site I thought it was going to be discussions about the return of the Camaro, I loved the look of the car from the day I seen it at the auto show. But some threads here turn into a brawl about Mustang is better Bla Bla No Camato is Better Bla Bla.. RustStang this and Crapmaro that .....
Why can't we get a club together like the Riders clubs, they don't care if you ride a Harley or Honda, It's all about riding... Motorcycle clubs get why can't car clubs ???

we try to keep things to a discussion here. a lot of our older threads (1-2yrs+) are about the return of it and all the speculation surrounding it. as of late, with production under way and cars getting out the door, everyone is getting ancy about things.

and there will always be that Camaro/Mustang argument till the end of time. they have been each others direct competitor for 40+ years now

my local car club www.fastgm.com has more non-gm vehicles/owners than gm. but its all cool cus we care about going fast and having fun. we get some grudge racing in there occasionally and a lot of smack talking, but its seriously all in good fun.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote