Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 12-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #29
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
It's the 5th event away from the west coast
texas was do able. that was more of a central location imo. but 4 are definitely east.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #30
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_2SS View Post
texas was do able. that was more of a central location imo. but 4 are definitely east.

True, I tried going but my wife didn't let me haha it was the week before our wedding lol
Old 12-08-2014, 11:47 PM   #31
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
A large part of the draw for the fest was the newness of the car and a high number of people that didn't already know one another on the site that were given a venue to be able to put faces to screen names.

"Vendors" are not as likely to make the trek out west, other than JDP, Roto Fab, and Gen5DIY, who'd come out here? The CA vendors could handle their own (CMS, Magnuson, Vortec, Turbonetics, Edlebroc, R1 Concepts, Ultimate Motor X, USW Forged, Factory Reproductions, BBK, Gibson Racing Exhaust, Hotchkis, and the Racing Byrds would be one hell of a show......But most of us are already modified to the 9's and don't have a lot more to do, so it isn't financially beneficial for the vendors to come say high to people that already rock their wares. And it isn't like the Racing Byrds are going to suddenly stop putting on events.....

IF they were to do another one close to us, I doubt the numbers would be what people think. If someone were to come out here for a vacation......Wives/kids would likely win the argument as to where to go while they are out here, and the hot arse track likely isn't going to be where families are headed.

IF and this is a HUGE IF, Super Chevy pulls their head out of their asses this year and opens up Auto X, that will be our best shot at a good show.... But it will be without all the big time Camaro aftermarket vendors that don't show up in Bakersfield. So in short, we will never see a show like they had in GA year 1 or any of the 3 years it was in Indy (sarcasm should be seen in this comment). AZ had the largest number of cars show up, but the event wasn't all that great......so back to Indy they went.....

Besides, other than the LPE 8 second car, Robert, Jason and Jamie, the rest of the site is slacking on fast cars. Well, real men's cars with manual transmissions any way. They don't want to come all the way out here and get sent home with their tails tucked.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #32
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
A large part of the draw for the fest was the newness of the car and a high number of people that didn't already know one another on the site that were given a venue to be able to put faces to screen names.

"Vendors" are not as likely to make the trek out west, other than JDP, Roto Fab, and Gen5DIY, who'd come out here? The CA vendors could handle their own (CMS, Magnuson, Vortec, Turbonetics, Edlebroc, R1 Concepts, Ultimate Motor X, USW Forged, Factory Reproductions, BBK, Gibson Racing Exhaust, Hotchkis, and the Racing Byrds would be one hell of a show......But most of us are already modified to the 9's and don't have a lot more to do, so it isn't financially beneficial for the vendors to come say high to people that already rock their wares. And it isn't like the Racing Byrds are going to suddenly stop putting on events.....

IF they were to do another one close to us, I doubt the numbers would be what people think. If someone were to come out here for a vacation......Wives/kids would likely win the argument as to where to go while they are out here, and the hot arse track likely isn't going to be where families are headed.

IF and this is a HUGE IF, Super Chevy pulls their head out of their asses this year and opens up Auto X, that will be our best shot at a good show.... But it will be without all the big time Camaro aftermarket vendors that don't show up in Bakersfield. So in short, we will never see a show like they had in GA year 1 or any of the 3 years it was in Indy (sarcasm should be seen in this comment). AZ had the largest number of cars show up, but the event wasn't all that great......so back to Indy they went.....

Besides, other than the LPE 8 second car, Robert, Jason and Jamie, the rest of the site is slacking on fast cars. Well, real men's cars with manual transmissions any way. They don't want to come all the way out here and get sent home with their tails tucked.

Those are fighten words
Old 12-09-2014, 12:24 AM   #33
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post

Those are fighten words

Good! I'm feeling frisky. lol

I was excluding the CA crew. We'd all be there. Besides, have you even tracked your car yet? LMAO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #34
glc55

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black Camaro
Interesting comments above...
Old 12-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #35

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
No matter where in CA it would be, half the state would be pissed and not go...lol....Better off having it in Arizona or Nevada anyhow....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #36
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

In the interest of not getting lynched...

I am in no way trying to stir the pot, just want to clarify a couple points.

Phoenix was my favorite fest... but the event itself was not as "close" feeling due to a couple factors, imo.
1. It was unseasonabley hot... go figure...
2. the road course rental by Pfadt, and the bondurant experience prevented everyone from being in one place at a one time.

And in the interest of full disclosure. There were two reasons we went to indy twice.... err three times.
the biggest, none of us had time to scope a new facility and work on a new contract. Life got in the way. Weddings, Job changes, etc. just kept us from putting the time we normally would on the event. it was mostly out of convenience.
The other reason was issues we had with our track events... they were clunky and had long delays which we wanted to sort out and not complicate by going to a new facility.

just some insight... FWIW

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #37
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
In the interest of not getting lynched...

I am in no way trying to stir the pot, just want to clarify a couple points.

Phoenix was my favorite fest... but the event itself was not as "close" feeling due to a couple factors, imo.

1. It was unseasonabley hot... go figure...

2. the road course rental by Pfadt, and the bondurant experience prevented everyone from being in one place at a one time.

And in the interest of full disclosure. There were two reasons we went to indy twice.... err three times.

the biggest, none of us had time to scope a new facility and work on a new contract. Life got in the way. Weddings, Job changes, etc. just kept us from putting the time we normally would on the event. it was mostly out of convenience.

The other reason was issues we had with our track events... they were clunky and had long delays which we wanted to sort out and not complicate by going to a new facility.

just some insight... FWIW

I'm shocked! Are you really saying that putting on event that thousands of people can agree on a location, types of events and the time of year for the event is difficult? Say it ain't so....

I get it, life happens. I was supposed to take the trip to Texas and couldn't make it....just like AZ and I was in Indy a week before the 2nd or 3rd fest there and couldn't stick around there either.

The SoCal group has likely been the closest and most active out of all the other groups on this site, lump in the AZ crew and the few in Vegas and those in northern CA and that would top 200 cars. We organized our own activities where none of us could make it to the east coast. I hold G responsible.......he was the ringleader when we got started. lol

We're all car people and want to feel included in the fun. At the same time, we're petty little boys who feel like someone keeps taking our ball and going east.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #38
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Its ok Dannie we will find something to do...

We definately have a lot going on this year!!! 4 NMCA's and 1 Street Machine & Muscle Car show.

Hopefully more in the works but we will have a good year here too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Completely understand... 1st 4 years it was a 2 day drive for the Texas crew as well. 5th year is a charm and hopefully we can make an announcement at BG that we're going to Fontana, Vegas or Chandler etc. Also hope we can enlist your help along the way. Hotel is the KEY.
Really would like to see the next fest on the West coast, definately willing to help with some logistics if that would help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If there was anyway possible to do it out West this year it would be done.

Too many variables to debate as to why it didn't happen, but I can assure you just like it was in Texas... the West was top of the list.
FEST IN THE WEST.....FEST IN THE WEST...FEST IN THE WEST.....FEST IN THE WEST

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #39
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
Quote:

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #40
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
I'm shocked! Are you really saying that putting on event that thousands of people can agree on a location, types of events and the time of year for the event is difficult? Say it ain't so....

I get it, life happens. I was supposed to take the trip to Texas and couldn't make it....just like AZ and I was in Indy a week before the 2nd or 3rd fest there and couldn't stick around there either.

The SoCal group has likely been the closest and most active out of all the other groups on this site, lump in the AZ crew and the few in Vegas and those in northern CA and that would top 200 cars. We organized our own activities where none of us could make it to the east coast. I hold G responsible.......he was the ringleader when we got started. lol

We're all car people and want to feel included in the fun. At the same time, we're petty little boys who feel like someone keeps taking our ball and going east.

I can't argure with any of this... espcially the "G" part... LOL

I tell you what.... we all predict that a fest in NV or CA could be epic. But the tracks out there are top tier... and our little event doesn't really grab their attention... *cough* Vegas *cough*

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #41
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I can't argure with any of this... espcially the "G" part... LOL

I tell you what.... we all predict that a fest in NV or CA could be epic. But the tracks out there are top tier... and our little event doesn't really grab their attention... *cough* Vegas *cough*

Little event? Wow. They wouldn't want to see the Super Chevy turnout in Bakersfield last year......

Speaking of Super Chevy, have you guys been able to get an article in their magazine about the Fest yet? You would think they would be all over it. That might help grease some wheels with tracks too.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #42
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Little event? Wow. They wouldn't want to see the Super Chevy turnout in Bakersfield last year......

Speaking of Super Chevy, have you guys been able to get an article in their magazine about the Fest yet? You would think they would be all over it. That might help grease some wheels with tracks too.

Better likelihood of it being in Chevy Hi-Performance now that Nick Licata is the editor of that one, as he was the editor of Camaro Performers before they merged into other magazines.