Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 12-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #127
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
It is more about groups of friends wanting to park together so they are beside folks they trust with their cars & so they can sit together taking turns watching the cars. Some of us are admittedly fanatics about our cars. Other folks there, not so much. I have seen folks get out of their Camaros throwing open those wide doors and making huge dings in the door of the Camaro next to it then just walk away like no big deal. Things have been stolen off cars too. As hard as the mods work to cruise around & watch the cars at the Fest, they can't be everywhere. There is no replacement for friends helping friends keeping an eye on things. That is only possible if you park together. Then there is having friends near to chat with while enjoying the party. Not sure how all that is going to work this year with the parking lot party in a separate location. Guess we will all have to figure it out this year.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:28 AM   #128
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
It is more about groups of friends wanting to park together so they are beside folks they trust with their cars & so they can sit together taking turns watching the cars. Some of us are admittedly fanatics about our cars. Other folks there, not so much. I have seen folks get out of their Camaros throwing open those wide doors and making huge dings in the door of the Camaro next to it then just walk away like no big deal. Things have been stolen off cars too. As hard as the mods work to cruise around & watch the cars at the Fest, they can't be everywhere. There is no replacement for friends helping friends keeping an eye on things. That is only possible if you park together. Then there is having friends near to chat with while enjoying the party. Not sure how all that is going to work this year with the parking lot party in a separate location. Guess we will all have to figure it out this year.
Party is still on hotel grounds - it's just around the other side of the building near the convention center. Lots more space, and a lot less "other" parked cars....similar to the setup in Indy.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #129
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Just my 2 cents but if I was staying at any hotel anywhere and could not get a parking spot because of a car club or other event hoarding spots, I'd be complaining to the management pretty damn loud. If they did nothing I'd be calling their corporate offices. If enough people did this the offenders would be looking for a different location the next year.
I haven't seen much discussion about courtesy to others, both in the group and out. As an outsider it sure does not give me a good representation of the Camaro group. Just remember, right or wrong, when something bad happens you all get lumped into that group.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:32 AM   #130
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
I think this is getting blown out of proportion, like 7 MONTHS from the event. I stayed at the auxiliary hotel last year and when I got back from Beech Bend, with the guys I drove down with, we all parked together at the host hotel. If there were no spots (which there were one night) I parked in another lot and walked over.

The folks that stay at the host hotel get preference obviously because they paid to stay there. There were MORE than enough parking spaces last year to my knowledge. They may have not been at the epicenter of the parking lot party, but basically the entire right side of the building was sparsely used.

My personal opinion, if you are there with a car club, you should get to park together.

However, If you are staying at the host hotel, and there are NOT ANY parking spots, you absolutely have the right to move a cone. However (again), if you are staying at the host hotel and there are plenty of parking spots, but just not where you want to park, I think that you should leave the cones be. Hell, there was one morning after breakfast that I couldn't find a spot in the SECONDARY hotel that I was staying at.

LAST NOTE: I think that you should ONLY be allowed to use cones if you are there with a group or in a car club with a respectable amount of people (like not 20 cars deep).

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #131
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Some good points about courtesy and common sense (not so common anymore). On the club thing, well some of us are no longer in the club scene (some maybe never were) but still have a group of friends we would like to park with. With the new Parking lot party area, same issue. I'd still like to be parked near friends but worry that at the end of the evening, I might prefer to move to a better location at the host hotel but maybe no spaces and especially not near friends. I don't have any door dings after 7 years & not looking to start now. Like I said earlier, we will just have to figure it out.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #132
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Agree now vs later ;o) all for groups being together... Just like Jan noted, some courtesy and common sense...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #133
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
With the room rates for non-CFest guests being +550/per night, we probably don't need to worry about offending very many of those guests

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #134
Kaizer_911

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
With the room rates for non-CFest guests being +550/per night, we probably don't need to worry about offending very many of those guests

Bill

The non Fest rates stabilized. Saw host hotel with 170/night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3100 - 05/25/16 | 3300 - 05/28/16
3400 - 05/31/16 | 3800 - 06/14/16, #125 Built!
4200 - 06/29/16 | 5000 - 06/29/16
6000 - 07/08/16 | Club F1FTY
Kaizer_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #135
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Can I bring a paint roller and paint my name on a parking spot !

PLEASE !
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #136
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
What do you guys thinks makes the most sense?

A) No Cones.

B) 1hr limit on cone-age

C) pre-established club cones

D) Other??
Reserved spots for the event organizers make sense. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

My preference would be no cones. There's basically a car show taking place in the parking lot. People want to walk around and see Camaros, not cones.

With that said, the cones don't bother me until there are no parking spots available. At that point, people with cones out should be understanding when their cone gets moved by a person needing a place to park.

Just my 2 cents.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:31 PM   #137
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Well, I guess its times for me to chime in here since I was the one who put down the H-Town cones. I first want to say that other were doing it before I went out and purchased the cones at Wal-mart in Bowling Green early that Thursday morning. (Not to make it right what I did.) Folks had tents tied to coolers blocking spots, to other having cones, and chairs, and I thought, Man thats a great idea! We had a large group come from H-Town and most of our crew were newbies to the event, as well 99.9% were staying at the hotel, and it was just a great way to keep us together. So I will take responsibility for putting out the cones, and I apologize to everyone that was offended by it or give our Club a bad name. That in no way was my intention to offend anyone. I love the Fest, I loved being able to help with the Fest when it came to Houston, I love being able to help mlee at the Fest's in Bowling Green. I totally enjoying racing folks from all over the country, to hanging out with everyone in the parking lot... so again I apologize. :(

P.S. Cones will be left at home this time.

Last edited by X-Factor; 12-20-2017 at 03:41 PM.
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #138
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Reserved spots for the event organizers make sense. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

My preference would be no cones. There's basically a car show taking place in the parking lot. People want to walk around and see Camaros, not cones.

With that said, the cones don't bother me until there are no parking spots available. At that point, people with cones out should be understanding when their cone gets moved by a person needing a place to park.

Just my 2 cents.
I think you hit the nail on the head with your last statement. If plenty of spots are available then cones are ok. When spots are not readily available then we pick up all the cones.

That kind of helps clubs and friend stay together and doesn't inconvenience folks when parking is not available.

I like #1 too, but not a concern X-factor always saved me a spot since I was locking up at the track and didn't have time to search around before heading to the next thing on the agenda.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #139
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
When spots are not readily available then we pick up all the cones.
Mike, that is a reasonable alternative -- but, if someone puts cones (or chairs/coolers, etc.) out @ 6am and expects those to still be there, I'd say they shouldn't get upset.

Get wanting to hold for groups -- just be reasonable about opening up those if someone who is staying at the host hotel needs a spot (a room key is proof ;o)...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #140
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Since it will be on the right side next fest, there will be a lot more room to park and don’t think cones will be a major issue until Friday and Saturday night when the fun starts. At least this time we will have the right side to ourselves and not watching people in other cars park next to the Camaros, it was amusing to watch to see what would happen. We still might have that one person though if you know what I mean lol.