Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #141
Tajefe Couple

 
Tajefe Couple's Avatar
 
Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris49066SS View Post
Nice! Making some good progress man! Andrew Cammer will be tryin to catch you now!
Thank you sir, and I will be trying to catch you
At least until you go FI.
__________________
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
Old Skool
Tajefe Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:11 AM   #142
acammer
Back in the game
 
acammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Weedsport, NY
Posts: 2,001
Frank - just in case you miss it, you're gonna wanna check THIS POST out. Wild ride!
__________________
2011 2SS SGM - CAI, PTB, Rod-Mod and ported intake, GPI SS3 cam, AR LTs 1.875", X-pipe, high flow cats, cutouts behind the axle. 25% UPD, 169*F stat, EE catch can, Ideal Garage clutch master, seperate reservoir, Tick-Shift billet throwout support, Yukon 4.10 gears, TruTrac Differential, LPW Differential Cover, BMR Pro diff bushings, Pegasus Solid rear sub-frame bushings. 497rwhp. 11.69@119 2+ton raceweight.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #143
frankwjr


 
frankwjr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Smithsburg, Md.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Frank - just in case you miss it, you're gonna wanna check THIS POST out. Wild ride!

I saw it all right....made my sphincter pucker.....personally I think I would have gotten out and walked over to the spill and taken that piss I know you needed to! That way when the track crew came up your screaming at them would be muted from the crowd by distance.


Here at Mason-Dixon they are overly cautious and will send a 4 wheeler down at the sign of any smoke.


And I know that "accidents" can happen but not on a drag strip. You already sign your life and property away once you enter, the least they can do is up your survival odds....just sayin LULZ!


Seriously glad you made it out in one piece bro!



l8tr


PEACE
__________________
2010 SS 2SS M6 - Tune by RDP dynoSteve!(Woot) - Daily Driver - 134K! - All work by me...
frankwjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #144
acammer
Back in the game
 
acammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Weedsport, NY
Posts: 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
I saw it all right....made my sphincter pucker.....personally I think I would have gotten out and walked over to the spill and taken that piss I know you needed to! That way when the track crew came up your screaming at them would be muted from the crowd by distance.


Here at Mason-Dixon they are overly cautious and will send a 4 wheeler down at the sign of any smoke.


And I know that "accidents" can happen but not on a drag strip. You already sign your life and property away once you enter, the least they can do is up your survival odds....just sayin LULZ!


Seriously glad you made it out in one piece bro!



l8tr


PEACE
Thanks man. I reached out to them for their take on it - I'll let you know what they say. I know that it's a risk any time you turn the clutch loose and send it down - but I think they missed an opportunity to maintain reasonable safety. It was gonna give up that 11.5x pass too, maybe even a 11.4x. Guess I gotta bring it back in a few weeks for one more test and tune.
__________________
2011 2SS SGM - CAI, PTB, Rod-Mod and ported intake, GPI SS3 cam, AR LTs 1.875", X-pipe, high flow cats, cutouts behind the axle. 25% UPD, 169*F stat, EE catch can, Ideal Garage clutch master, seperate reservoir, Tick-Shift billet throwout support, Yukon 4.10 gears, TruTrac Differential, LPW Differential Cover, BMR Pro diff bushings, Pegasus Solid rear sub-frame bushings. 497rwhp. 11.69@119 2+ton raceweight.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:04 AM   #145
frankwjr


 
frankwjr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Smithsburg, Md.
Posts: 2,280
Mason-Dixon 12 to 4 today...one more shot at it.


l8tr


PEACE
__________________
2010 SS 2SS M6 - Tune by RDP dynoSteve!(Woot) - Daily Driver - 134K! - All work by me...
frankwjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:01 AM   #146
acammer
Back in the game
 
acammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Weedsport, NY
Posts: 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
Mason-Dixon 12 to 4 today...one more shot at it.


l8tr


PEACE
How'd it go? I'm trying for this Saturday, the 19th. If it'll give up a few more 1.6x 60' times I think it'll run some 11.5x or better, and that would make me happy.
__________________
2011 2SS SGM - CAI, PTB, Rod-Mod and ported intake, GPI SS3 cam, AR LTs 1.875", X-pipe, high flow cats, cutouts behind the axle. 25% UPD, 169*F stat, EE catch can, Ideal Garage clutch master, seperate reservoir, Tick-Shift billet throwout support, Yukon 4.10 gears, TruTrac Differential, LPW Differential Cover, BMR Pro diff bushings, Pegasus Solid rear sub-frame bushings. 497rwhp. 11.69@119 2+ton raceweight.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #147
Chris49066SS

 
Chris49066SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS L99
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TN
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
How'd it go? I'm trying for this Saturday, the 19th. If it'll give up a few more 1.6x 60' times I think it'll run some 11.5x or better, and that would make me happy.
Should happen with these cooler temps! I'm ordering my skinnies tomorrow, looking to make it over to the strip in Bowling Green within the next few weeks. My rear Mickeys are gettin pretty worn though, so I dunno but I am shooting for 11.2!
__________________
11.320 @ 120.34mph
Build thread - www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555371
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #148
acammer
Back in the game
 
acammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Weedsport, NY
Posts: 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris49066SS View Post
Should happen with these cooler temps! I'm ordering my skinnies tomorrow, looking to make it over to the strip in Bowling Green within the next few weeks. My rear Mickeys are gettin pretty worn though, so I dunno but I am shooting for 11.2!
Long as the wall doesn't slow it down this time - it was on it's way on "the pass".
__________________
2011 2SS SGM - CAI, PTB, Rod-Mod and ported intake, GPI SS3 cam, AR LTs 1.875", X-pipe, high flow cats, cutouts behind the axle. 25% UPD, 169*F stat, EE catch can, Ideal Garage clutch master, seperate reservoir, Tick-Shift billet throwout support, Yukon 4.10 gears, TruTrac Differential, LPW Differential Cover, BMR Pro diff bushings, Pegasus Solid rear sub-frame bushings. 497rwhp. 11.69@119 2+ton raceweight.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:28 PM   #149
Tajefe Couple

 
Tajefe Couple's Avatar
 
Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,006
Also trying to get to the track this Friday if weather holds, been closed last 3 Fridays. Rain, rain, freezing temps. Should be nice other than 30+mph winds. Hoping for that 11.3 at least with the cooler weather.

Sure that was a once in a life time ride for you Andrew and bet you get that 1.6 60' or lower.
__________________
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
Old Skool
Tajefe Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #150
acammer
Back in the game
 
acammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Weedsport, NY
Posts: 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Also trying to get to the track this Friday if weather holds, been closed last 3 Fridays. Rain, rain, freezing temps. Should be nice other than 30+mph winds. Hoping for that 11.3 at least with the cooler weather.

Sure that was a once in a life time ride for you Andrew and bet you get that 1.6 60' or lower.
It better be!

Hoping you get some good weather - that was the story of my season last year, rain out after rain out.
__________________
2011 2SS SGM - CAI, PTB, Rod-Mod and ported intake, GPI SS3 cam, AR LTs 1.875", X-pipe, high flow cats, cutouts behind the axle. 25% UPD, 169*F stat, EE catch can, Ideal Garage clutch master, seperate reservoir, Tick-Shift billet throwout support, Yukon 4.10 gears, TruTrac Differential, LPW Differential Cover, BMR Pro diff bushings, Pegasus Solid rear sub-frame bushings. 497rwhp. 11.69@119 2+ton raceweight.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #151
frankwjr


 
frankwjr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Smithsburg, Md.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
How'd it go? I'm trying for this Saturday, the 19th. If it'll give up a few more 1.6x 60' times I think it'll run some 11.5x or better, and that would make me happy.

Still tryin to work out these new tires..didn't set the world on fire either...still mid low 12's and low 1.7 60's.





best run out of 4 for the day...going back this Sat for probably the last T&T of the year.


PEACE
__________________
2010 SS 2SS M6 - Tune by RDP dynoSteve!(Woot) - Daily Driver - 134K! - All work by me...

Last edited by frankwjr; Yesterday at 07:43 PM.
frankwjr is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.