Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
blainemeyer

Drives: 2013 1Le, 1969 Camaro
Oil Separator Kit Help

On my 2013 1LE it came with the GM Performance Oil separator kit already installed. Recently I started an oil consumption test with the local Chevy dealer because the engine is using about 1qt every 1000 miles or so. On the first 1000 mile oil check visit I was told to remove the Oil separator kit and return the oil filler back to stock. I had already ordered the parts so no big deal. The problem is that I bought a PCV value tube, part 14 in this diagram http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-pa...ir-intake-scat and I don't see where it attaches to the PCV value. In this diagram if look like the plug from the kit goes on a port attached to the filler tube or is there a PCV pipe that runs along the side of the intake and comes out in the back of the oil filler tube ? The oil filler tube I have doesn't have a port on it. Can someone take some take pictures of the stock setup? It would be greatly appreciated.
blainemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
Tunamanz

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
These videos might be able to help:

Videos of the Elite Engineering Dual Catch Can:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441757
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
blainemeyer

I couldn't see much on the 1LE video since it was recorder from the drivers sine but one of the related YouTube videos was helpful in that I grabbed a screenshot the show the PVC pipe connected to something running along the intake. The PVC pipe come from the air box and goes behind the oil filler neck. So what I need to know is what does it connect to. Is there a line runs along the valve cover that goes around the back of the block that then connects to the barb on the back of the drivers side valve cover ? I do have barb back there that has a plug over it. Name:  pcv_pipe.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  79.1 KB
Old 05-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
blainemeyer

Did a little more digging and realized there is a vent tube on the valve cover that was kind of hidden by the wiring harness. So problem solved.

Tags
pcv tube stock 1le