Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 02-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
Jade67

Drives: 2002 SLP SS Camaro Build #1338
Jade- 1967 RS/SS Pro-Touring Car for SALE!!!

It's been a long journey, but I have decided to part with my prize possession; my 1967 RS/SS Camaro known as Jade. I have owned this car since December of 2003 and have done the majority of the work myself, with the exception of painting the car and assembling the engine. I have every single receipt, along with every picture and documentation. I have ran Royal Purple XPR throughout the entire car its entire life, and never once had any catastrophic failures. The car has participated in 3 Hot Rod Power Tours, and drove flawlessly each year. I just entered the 43rd Annual World of Wheels Car Show in Birmingham, held at the BJCC, and we took 1st place!!

She's not perfect, but you would be hard pressed to find another First Gen Camaro, that is a proven "Show" Winner, yet, can drive from Alabama to Florida to Detroit, without turning a wrench on her.

Here are the details of the Dream that I built:

Vehicle Highlights
* $51,000 Asking Price
* Frame-Off Restoration Completed May 2010
* Participated in 3 Hot Rod Power Tours, Including 2 “Long Hauls”
* Tremec TKO600 built with custom .64:1 overdrive
* Vintage Gen IV AC/Heat and Dakota Digital Gauges
* Driven 21,000 Miles across 11 States since June 1st of 2010
* Multiple Award Winning Show Car to Include: Super Chevy (2005) & World of Wheels (2006 & 2014)
* Designed by famed car designer Jason Rushforth

Vehicle Description
At the end of 2009, my 1967 Camaro RS/SS started an 18-month complete frame-off restoration. Every nut and bolt was addressed during the restoration and the results are superb. Everything in the car works, as you would expect from the dome light, to the turn signals, to the four-way flashers, to the updated Dakato Digital VHX gauges, to the Ice Cold Vintage AC. The signature hide-away headlights open and close perfectly with a custom Billet grill. The tail lights have also been updated to LED Sequential tail lights. Prior to the extensive restoration, I sought out the help from famed car designer Jason Rushforth. Together we drafted a rendering/blueprint of the Camaro known as “Jade”. The official rendering, autographed by Jason Rushforth, will be included with the car. Jason Rushforth also designed the custom Livewire rims that add to the stunning look we were going for.

Prior to being painted in GM Imperial Blue Metallic Paint, the entire body was disassembled, sanded, and blocked to perfection. The body panels were removed and reinstalled and aligned several times for that perfect gap before coming off for the last time for paint. Once the Sherwin Williams base coat was applied, it was then sanded and blocked. After that, five layers of Sherwin Williams clear were laid on and baked for several hours. Once the car was removed from the paint booth, it was wet-sanded down and buffed to near perfection.

Lift the hood on this first generation F-body and you will find an engine bay that has been stuffed with a 468 big block V8 full of polished billet components. The engine features an Edelbrock Performer Air-Gap intake, MSD Pro-billet distributor, SS Coil, Speed Pro forged pistons, and a Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller cam. The engine is fed fuel through a Holley 4150HP 830 CFM Carburetor, and the heads are Edelbrock Aluminum RPM that have been CNC machined and topped with Crane Gold Series Race Rockers. Bolted to the engine is a Stage II Hydraulic Clutch that feeds the power to a Tremec TKO600 that was custom built with a .64:1 final overdrive that created a reduction of 36% in RPM’s. Responsible for putting the power to the ground is a 12-bolt Auburn Posi with 4.10 gears.

The entire front sub-frame was disassembled, sandblasted, and then painted gloss black, and then cleared. You will also find a completely revamped Hotchkis front suspension. The Camaro has brand new full length quarter panels along with a steel cowl induction hood. Behind the custom Jason Rushforth Livewire rims, you’ll find Wilwood cross drilled and slotted power disc brakes up front and factory drums in the rear.

The entire goal behind this build was to have a show winning car that had a professional look to it, but could be driven anywhere and most importantly, was dependable. Inside you’ll find a factory correct deluxe interior that has various upgrades like the Custom Autosound AM/FM radio with USB port that is built to look period correct. I have driven this car on several road trips and have averaged over 17 Miles to the Gallon!

I will include all the documentation and every receipt from the extensive restoration. It has participated in three Hot Rod Power tours, two of which I was a long hauler, and the Jade has won numerous car shows and awards, to include the 2014 World of Wheels in Birmingham 2014.

Vehicle Details
468 Cubic Inch GM Big Block
GM Performance Forded Crank
GM Performance Forged “Press Fit” Connecting Rods
Speed Pro 10.44:1 Forged Pistons
Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Camshaft (578/578 Lift Intake/Exhaust, 232/232 Duration)
Comp Cams Hydraulic Lifters, Valve Springs, & Push Rods
Crane Gold Series Roller Rockers
Edelbrock Performer Alum Heads (CNC Machined Factory Option)
Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap Intake
Edelbrock Performer RPM Alum Water Pump
Pete Jackson “Noisy” Gear Drive
Holley 4150HP Series 830 CFM Carburetor
MSD Pro-Billet Ignition to Include: MSD 6AL Ignition Box, SS Coil, 8.5 Race Wires
Custom Tig Welded Polished Valve Covers (Built around the Brake Booster)
Custom Polished Spectre Dual Air Intake System
Griffin Aluminum Radiator, Fully Polished with Electric Fan
Hooker Super Comp Headers, Fully Polished (Jet Hot Coated by Nitro Plate)
Fully Polished 3” Flowmaster Exhaust with Super 40 Mufflers (Jet Hot Coated by Nitro Plate)
Tremec TKO600 5-Speed
Stage II Pro-Touring Clutch, Pressure Plate & Throwout Bearing (By American Powertrain)
Wil-Wood Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder (By American Powertrain)
Chrome-Moly Driveshaft with Gold Anodized U-Joints
12-Bolt Rear-End (Auburn Posi Unit W/ 4.10:1 Gears)
Wil-Wood Slotted & Cross Drilled Disc Brakes, Drums on the Rear
Jason Rushforth 2-Piece Livewire Rims (18X9 ½ on the Rear, 18X8 on the Front)
Nitto NT05 Tires
Full Hotchkis Suspension to Include: Upper & Lower Tubular A-Arms, Sub-Frame Connectors, Front Coil Springs, Rear Leaf Springs, Inner & Outer Tie Rods, Pitman Arm, Idler Arm, & Adjustable Sleeves
CPP Quick Steering Gearbox
Complete Poly-Urethane Bushings throughout the entire car
Bilstein Front Shocks, 12-Way Adjustable QA-1 Shocks on Rear
Competition Engineering Slide-A-Link Bars
March Performance Serpentine System with Polished AC Compressor & Billet Power Steering Pump
March Performance Billet Battery Hold-Down Box Relocated in the Trunk
Vintage GEN IV Heating/AC Sure Fit Kit
Optima Performance Battery
All NEW American Wiring Harness throughout the ENTIRE Car
Complete Custom AutoSound Stereo System
All New Carpet and Sound Deadener
Deluxe Interior with Full Console & Gauges in Mint Condition
All Glass is in Mint Condition with Brand New Window Tint
Brand New Polished Stainless Steel Fuel Tank

If you are seriously interested, please contact me directly.
Thank You!!
Carl D Smith
256-665-2086
c.smith78@ymail.com
Attached Images

Last edited by Jade67; 02-25-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Jade67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
Jade67

Here are a few more pictures....
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
STL20102SS

Drives: SW 2010 2SS/RS
For anyone considering buying this car, it's absolutely gorgeous as I got a chance to see it back in 2010 on the Hot Rod Power Tour.

Good luck with the sale Carl!
2010 Summit White 2SS/RS M6: Injen longtube cold air intake, Borla S-Type cat-back exhaust, Tint, White painted rear diffuser, Red powder-coated Brembo calipers, New Era Performance ported throttle body, BMR 1" lowering springs, Hotchkis Chassis Max Strut Tower Brace, Red hash stripes, Vossen Matte Graphite/Machined CV5's
STL20102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Jade67

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL20102SS View Post
For anyone considering buying this car, it's absolutely gorgeous as I got a chance to see it back in 2010 on the Hot Rod Power Tour.

Good luck with the sale Carl!
Thank You very much!! I appreciate the kind words. I hate to see her go, but I'm in the process of restoring a 1969 Camaro that is a true X-11 car.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #5
Jade67

More Pictures...

Just as the title says, here are a few more pictures. These pictures show some of the restoration. Originally, I had went with Heidts Control Arms, but after a year, swapped them out for Hotchkis. I couldn't be more happier with all the Hotchis Components!!

Please feel free to share the pictures or spread the word. I am willing to deliver within a 250 mile radius of Huntsville, Alabama. Or better yet, you could fly into Huntsville and inspect the car in person. I have personally driven this across 11 states in the past 3 years....
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Amazing!

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #7
Jade67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
Amazing!
Thank You, I truly appreciate it!!
Old 02-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #8
Jade67

Smile A Few Pictures from 2014 World of Wheels

Here are some pictures that I took from the 43rd Annual World of Wheels in Birmingham. Jade took first place in the 1960-1969 Conservative Hardtop Class, which was a pretty big class....

Again, if anyone is interested, please don't hesitate to contact me or share this with anyone that is looking for a pristine, turn-key ready 1st Gen Camaro...
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #9
Jade67

Thumbs up Interior Pictures

I realized that I've posted quite a bit of photos of the outside of my car, but not that many of the interior. With that being said, here are quite a few detailed photos of the interior.

This 1967 RS/SS Camaro is a Factory Original Deluxe Interior Car with a Console and Gauges. She was originally an Automatic Car, but I converted her to a 5-Speed. I was extremely particular when I did the conversion, so I made the interior as if she was a "Factory" 4-Speed Car.

Every single gauge works, along with the dome lights. The gauges have been updated to the brand new Dakota Digital VHX Gauges, including the Gauge Cluster in the console. The speedometer is accurate and has been updated to an electronic speedometer.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
beautiful car
Old 02-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #11
Jade67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
beautiful car
Thank you Dznts, I truly appreciate the compliment!! I had a lot of help, from a lot of close friends and family. And of course, my dream wouldn't be a reality had I not had the privilege of working with Jason Rushforth!! His drawing of the car, and the color scheme were amazing!!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #12
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
That is truly an AMAZING car!!

GLWS

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #13
Jade67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
beautiful car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STILLEN View Post
That is truly an AMAZING car!!

GLWS

JT
Thank You JT!! If you know of anyone around California or the West Coast looking for a Pristine 1st Gen Camaro, feel free to share the pictures and/or thread. Send them my way.... I'll hook them up!!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #14
crabapple

Drives: '12 ZR1
Amazing and Beautiful 1st Gen!!!! Only thing keeping me from it is the sale of my
'12 CTS-V Coupe…..GLWS!!!!
crabapple is offline   Reply With Quote