Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-16-2016, 08:47 PM   #29
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post

IMO the new camaro doesn't even look much different than the 5th gen. Other than the interior updates(which are really nice). It feel more like a updated 5th gen. i also hate the rear end.
Stand beside them both, side to side, and the mere size difference will make you re-think that statement. Even the new Mustang looks huge beside the new Camaro.

Report back when you do.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #30
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
I still have not seen a single one on the road.
Really? They are all over Michigan! Saw one at our Eastern Michigan Camaro club meeting last night too. They are selling. But I don't think they will top the new Mustang. I think GM missed the mark a little on this design. It is nice...but not just not standing alone. I was hoping for more appearance wise. Performance it is kick ass, but aesthetically, it is lost. Too many styling cues from other Chevy models and the Camaro simply cannot have styling cues common with a Malibu!
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:13 PM   #31
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
The 6th gen is not a bad car and the 455hp LT1 is amazing. However, there are a lot of design details that I don't particularly like. And, when compared to the 5th gen, that's a really hard act to follow. The 5th gen was simply stunning and gorgeous.

Some design details I don't like on the 6th gen....

Gas lid door now located behind passenger door in quarter panel.
Pedestal mount rear spoiler with center support on SS models.
Five spoke base wheels look old compared to the 10 spoke base wheels on 5th gen.
Hood nostrils on SS models.
Hood contour from driver's seat. It looks too rounded.
Sloping dash design on the passenger side.
Rocker panel cut line goes almost half way up on the body side.
Slightly lower rear wheel well cutout in body.
Rear side window shape especially near roof line.
Rear view side mirrors on body look more bulky and clunky than 5th gen.
Taller driver's binnacle accentuates the slightly smaller interior and dash design.

Things I like.

Greater fastback rear window profile.
Front grill and upper bumper section.
Powertrains especially the new turbo 4cyl and of course the LT1.
8sp auto transmission.
20" wheel design on RS and SS models.
The_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:00 AM   #32
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
My local had two come in (a 2SS and a 2LT) and they were sold pretty quickly. That was over a month ago and they have not received any since. Kind of hard to sell a car that people can't see/drive. I think once the '15s thin out some more and the '16s are sitting in lots, the sales will boom. GM needs to step up the deliveries though, IMHO.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:05 AM   #33
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
My local had two come in (a 2SS and a 2LT) and they were sold pretty quickly. That was over a month ago and they have not received any since. Kind of hard to sell a car that people can't see/drive. I think once the '15s thin out some more and the '16s are sitting in lots, the sales will boom. GM needs to step up the deliveries though, IMHO.
Same here, one blue V6 out of three local dealers and one blue SS in the city. Looks like blue is the dealers go to color for 2016. If the don't get the quality problems fixed the gen6 car will be short lived anyhow.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:56 AM   #34
jcsuddre

Drives: 2016 black 2 ss
You all are crazy but I respect your opinions. The 6 gen is better in every single way than the 5 gen . The design is more evolutionary keeping some cues from the 5th gen and getting rid of the retro stuff to define the look of a modern day muscle car. I saw a lt on the road this past weekend and I was amazed by it. If I had not gotten my SS back in late 14 I definitely would have gotten a 16. From a side view the 14-16 looks very similar from a distance which shows how they kept some of the look from the 5th gen. As with all cars they eventually look dated and even though I love them still the 10-13 are beginning to look dated . The 14-15 freshened up the dated look a little in preparation for the six gen. As far as sales go
1. The mustang has been out over a year longer.
2. Some non die hard car buyers who like sports/muscle cars still have no clue a new Camaro is out
3. The Camaro base price is higher than the mustang because it has more power and way more technology in it the optional magnetic ride control for example ( don't forget the new car hype dealer mark up)
4. It is winter and a lot of bad weather recently all over the country even here in the south .
jcsuddre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:06 AM   #35
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
I still have not seen a single one on the road.
And as luck would have it, I actually saw a red LT while walking during my lunch hour yesterday. It sure didn't stand out as a "new" car and looked a lot like a 5th gen with different taillights... I just saw it briefly from the rear as it drove by me. Not too impressive visually.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #36
Steve RS/SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
sorry I can't fix the top picture
Old 02-17-2016, 07:29 PM   #37
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Prices will kill this car. I just stopped by and looked at a 1SS auto with dual mode exhaust (no other options)...sticker was over $40k. My fiancé got her 14 2ss RS fully loaded (leather, sunroof, stripes, etc.) for that.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:42 PM   #38
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
I've only seen one, and it was in line to go through a car wash. I cringed hard, because they use brushes, and it was a warm day so EVERYONE was running their car through. I could already hear the swirl marks forming.

Prices, like people said, and the fact that it's not really warm enough up north to give people that sports car urge just yet. I know if I were in the market for one, I would not be looking at them when there's 6 inches of snow on the ground, and the roads were caked white with salt. I probably wouldn't start until at least mid-March at the very earliest...and even then that's probably only preliminary online research. Dealer visits probably wouldn't happen until April.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #39
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsuddre View Post
You all are crazy but I respect your opinions. The 6 gen is better in every single way than the 5 gen . The design is more evolutionary keeping some cues from the 5th gen and getting rid of the retro stuff to define the look of a modern day muscle car. I saw a lt on the road this past weekend and I was amazed by it. If I had not gotten my SS back in late 14 I definitely would have gotten a 16. From a side view the 14-16 looks very similar from a distance which shows how they kept some of the look from the 5th gen. As with all cars they eventually look dated and even though I love them still the 10-13 are beginning to look dated . The 14-15 freshened up the dated look a little in preparation for the six gen.
Even so, they just don't wow me enough to make me desire having one and trading in my 5th gen. There's just something about the bigger, bulkier, meaner design of the 5th gen that makes me like it more. I LOVE the interior of the 6th gen, but that's about it...even then, I didn't buy my Camaro to have a luxurious interior. The 5th gen is still an incredible platform to start from, performance-wise, and something like 600whp is completely attainable.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #40
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
I do not know what you guys are talking about being a "caged animal" in the interior. I'm 6'1 just shy of 6'2 and I'm not in the best of shape at just under 300. It was a definite upgrade in comfort over my '14 2SS. The room was WAY better than I expected and nothing to complain about compared to our 5th gens. The passenger side is even more roomy than the 5th gen. Easier to get in and out of.

Drove it with my son for nearly 30minutes (I have that kind of clout at our dealer, no sales person) We loved it. Waiting for a 1LE
Old 02-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #41
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsuddre View Post
You all are crazy but I respect your opinions. The 6 gen is better in every single way than the 5 gen . The design is more evolutionary keeping some cues from the 5th gen and getting rid of the retro stuff to define the look of a modern day muscle car. I saw a lt on the road this past weekend and I was amazed by it. If I had not gotten my SS back in late 14 I definitely would have gotten a 16. From a side view the 14-16 looks very similar from a distance which shows how they kept some of the look from the 5th gen. As with all cars they eventually look dated and even though I love them still the 10-13 are beginning to look dated . The 14-15 freshened up the dated look a little in preparation for the six gen.
I don't know why I keep posting this, I guess I like to hear myself type. I bought a new 2015 2SS/RS in January because after looking at the Gen 6 I was not knocked out. Yes I think I would love the LT1 and the 8 speed tranny vs the L99 and six speed tranny. The seats are nice and the interior lighting but I kind of like the retro gauges etc in the Gen 5. There are other technical improvements in the Gen 6 that are nice too. Buuuuuuuuuut, I loved the front end, I can live with the rear and the side view to me was meh. See by purchasing a new 2015 Gen 5 I kind of feel like I bought the best of the Gen 5's as far as the 2SS/RS goes and I am going to watch the Gen 6 evolve and consider purchasing one in a few years IF they really excite me then. I can afford to trade up if I want and if history repeats itself the 2018's that I will be looking at will be that much better than the 2016's. no one should be ashamed to own either. Many lucky souls over the years are going to get to experience both.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #42
EWade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Chevrolet is not pumping out the Gen 6 as quick as they could be. Dealership here has only had two come through, a Blue Velvet and a Black, in RS packages. I've only seen the blue one several times on the street. Another dealership 45 miles away has about 4 Gen 6, not sure of colors they have or the packages. One downfall is the price, the blue one I seen the sticker at 40,000, and it was the LT with RS package. Odd Trim levels are only the LT an the SS. Wonder why they dropped the LS trim level?

Personally even though I bought a 15 LS, I had my heart set on getting a 16 with the 2.0 Turbo 4 cylinder and manual 6 speed, but the salesman said they probably won't see that drivetrain combo till June, and then he went on to say, why not take advantage of the discounts and rebates for a 15. This was in November when I was wanting so bad to see a 16 on the lot to get a really good look at and drive. Well I jumped on the 15 I have, and am happy. Would I trade up? Not for awhile, don't need to go under on value and end up with a ridiculous payment.