Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #239
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I attempted & was unable to find similar styling ques. If the large lower grille of the 2016 makes it similar to the 1970 1/2, then the 2016 Lexus RCF is even more similar to it.

http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF

Of course, we're all entitled to our opinion & you're welcome to believe what you wish.
Now you're being a prick. I didn't say it looked exactly the same. I said similar which means has characteristics as 1970 and 5th gen. The splitter on 1970 was at around a 30 degree angle? Look at the side view of 2016 and you'll see the facia is at an angle. Though not as sharp, probably around 12 degrees but significantly noticeable. The grille has a large opening compared to 5th gen and being a 2016, it CANT be in the middle of the front end like that because they didn't want it to look exactly like a 70. It's not a retro. It's just bring similarities between those 2 models and refreshening it to be its own style. But whatever.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #240
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
You guys do understand every car company gets the competitions vhicles in and totally disassembles them and researchs all the innovations and build techniques. So you know chevy had a few mustangs in house seeing what makes them tick.
I don't believe that one bit. And you can't prove that. If anything? Car companies get together and know a little about what one another is bringing to fruition.

Here's why that's not true: Ford comes out with 2015 new mustang style with power, styling ect. Chevy or GM does not wait to come up with a car that will beat it because to get the tooling AFTER researching and engineering to build a bale tter car, it'd be impossible to produce within 2 yrs. They produce them within a yr of one another....

Old 03-19-2016, 05:29 PM   #241
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Now you're being a prick. I didn't say it looked exactly the same. I said similar which means has characteristics as 1970 and 5th gen. The splitter on 1970 was at around a 30 degree angle? Look at the side view of 2016 and you'll see the facia is at an angle. Though not as sharp, probably around 12 degrees but significantly noticeable. The grille has a large opening compared to 5th gen and being a 2016, it CANT be in the middle of the front end like that because they didn't want it to look exactly like a 70. It's not a retro. It's just bring similarities between those 2 models and refreshening it to be its own style. But whatever.
I was actually being polite, but you're now being ignorant. I stated "similar styling ques", which doesn't equate with "exactly the same". Fine, turn it 30, 12 or any amount of degrees to match your imagination.
Since you're informed that the designers "took 2nd gen and 5th gen look and combined em to form a newer modified look" & "didn't want it to look exactly like a 70" please contribute some supporting documentation & you'll have my apology forthwith. Otherwise, I'm done with this discussion & harbor no ill will.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #242
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Old 03-19-2016, 09:31 PM   #243
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoshin View Post
Wizard1183, I've been to Louisiana & you have a beautiful state.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #244
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I don't believe that one bit. And you can't prove that. If anything? Car companies get together and know a little about what one another is bringing to fruition.

Here's why that's not true: Ford comes out with 2015 new mustang style with power, styling ect. Chevy or GM does not wait to come up with a car that will beat it because to get the tooling AFTER researching and engineering to build a bale tter car, it'd be impossible to produce within 2 yrs. They produce them within a yr of one another....
You believe what you want...i see it every new model change. They bring in vehicles in the early stages of developement to see what the competition has brought to the table...they dont base their own design totally on that...but they do research the competition. Just a heads up for you, New models are generally a 5 year plan...maybe slightly more. The dies show up about 6 months or so before mass pro. Some plants start production before others and might receive dies earlier. In the camaros case they would have had their hands on a new mustang long before you and I.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:52 PM   #245
Wizard1183

Quote:
Wizard1183, I've been to Louisiana & you have a beautiful state.

Thanks, Foods phenomenal in my opinion. Actual Cajun food. Not New Orleans creole stuff. Not trying to dog you. We see things differently and that's cool man. The sketch I made before they ever showed what the car would look like, I tried incorporating 67 and 70 together. If you look at the sideview I drew, it doesn't quite match up with the front view but it's damn close to side view of a 2016

Old 03-19-2016, 10:03 PM   #246
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Probably related to pricing, and the fact that the 4 cylinder turbo plus verts have yet to come out. I don't understand the hate on the 6th gen, it is a better car all around. Doesn't make the 5th gen a bad car, but it is better in every department.
Agree with pricing and lack of entry models. While it outperforms the 5TH, to most average consumers (the ones GM is trying to attract) that won't mean much. Doesn't help that most drivers will confuse the new model with the 14 - 15 models.

Sometimes my family likes to take day trips, and 6TH GEN can't really handle that because the back seats are unusable. It's not hate. Sometimes less is not more. Specifically less room in the cockpit. So for me it's not worth another higher car payment. Plus I'm fine with my low mileage '10.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:22 PM   #247
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
The rear seats in the 5th gen are usable? My 3yo son begs to differ lol

The 1" or less diff in legroom makes absolutely no real diff.

In my 14' Nobody sits behind the driver, ever. & if anyone sits in the rear passenger, front passenger needs to scoot up...

In my 6th gen, same rules apply.

Driver unaffected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:29 PM   #248
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post

In my 14' Nobody sits behind the driver, ever. & if anyone sits in the rear passenger, front passenger needs to scoot up...

Driver unaffected.

While it's called a 4 seater, it's intention never was for more than 2 ppl to ride in it. That's what a pony car is. It's just the class but not necessarily usable.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:30 PM   #249
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post

Driver unaffected.

5TH Gen back seats are only good for kids and small women. 6TH Gen back seats only good for Hobbits.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #250
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Of the four, did it have to be that one?
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:41 PM   #251
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
I attempted & was unable to find similar styling ques. If the large lower grille of the 2016 makes it similar to the 1970 1/2, then the 2016 Lexus RCF is even more similar to it.

http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF

Of course, we're all entitled to our opinion & you're welcome to believe what you wish.
Why does it have to look like any of the older generations? That makes no sense. None of any of the generations looked like any of the previous ones. They are all unique. The gen5 says camaro, but does it look like a gen one like people think? Hell no. Not even close.

Stope living in the past. The gen6 is way better than any 70 1/2 ever could be in every way and that is a fact.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:52 PM   #252
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Why does it have to look like any of the older generations? That makes no sense. None of any of the generations looked like any of the previous ones. They are all unique. The gen5 says camaro, but does it look like a gen one like people think? Hell no. Not even close.

Stope living in the past. The gen6 is way better than any 70 1/2 ever could be in every way and that is a fact.
Please quote where I stated the 6th generation should look like a 1970 1/2 or any other generation for that matter. I suggest reading the thread before posting.